electric bill

It was a bit nippy at 6am this morning whilst I was having my morning coffee in the garden.

I am usually up and about at dawn but this morning it was almost 08:00. Yesterday evening I watched James Bond's "Spectre" fillum which didn't finish until almost midnight.

Our bill was up by 1/3rd - as predicted due to the presence of one stepdaughter. In theory, that's not unreasonable in a household of four people now, but our aircon in the living room and in our bedroom has hardly been on since she arrived back. HER bedroom's aircon is a different story though.

Strange occurrence this morning. I walked into the bedroom on route to the shower and the aircon vent opened then closed - just the vent. It wasn't turned on. Then neither of the water pumps worked. I re-dressed and went to inspect the breakers etc., Nothing appeared amiss and we still had electric in the house. Suddenly, the pumps started working and all was hunky dorey.

After showering I noticed the laptop was registering a failure of the internet connection (modem shutdown) but there was no indication for how long.

Since returning from Bamboozled, there have been no further weird occurrences.

Strange occurrence this morning. I walked into the bedroom on route to the shower and the aircon vent opened then closed - just the vent. It wasn't turned on. Then neither of the water pumps worked. I re-dressed and went to inspect the breakers etc., Nothing appeared amiss and we still had electric in the house. Suddenly, the pumps started working and all was hunky dorey.

After showering I noticed the laptop was registering a failure of the internet connection (modem shutdown) but there was no indication for how long.

Since returning from Bamboozled, there have been no further weird occurrences.
There was a power cut this morning while we were out to Bamboozled. When I returned home the PC power was off, I left it in sleep mode, and the TV was off, also left in sleep mode. A very positive sign that the power had been cut. My daughter, who was at home engaged in online learning, tells me the power was off for 30 minutes. I suspect it was related to the long power cut suffered last night, the best part of one hour.

4,500 baht + 1-liter bottle of Ben More whisky included in the price. Explanation required? I always estimate the bill from PEA which I give to my wife on the 15th of each month. She has a direct debit on her bank account to pay the bill. PEA read the meter on either the 17th or 18th of the month. Any difference between the estimate and actual is sorted by an additional transaction, usually in cash. This month I had over-estimated by 550 baht and, much to my surprise, the difference was refunded in whisky. What a nice surprise. :)

2,585.19 baht. A new low for me (despite step-daughter's best efforts!) On the other hand, our water bill was up by 1/3rd compared with the previous month.

I wonder where MY bottle of Ben More could be??? LOL

The bills in and at 3302baht it is 900bt cheaper than last month

Tried to buy a new bottle of Jamesons yesterday, but no stock :anguished:Have to stick to scotch or continue with the occasional G&T:yum:

My wife is shopping later, should I ask her to look out for Jameson? If found, you could do a totally unnecessary run to Surin to restock. :)

Back