electric bill

We have different definitions of cheap!!

My house and condo combined were under 3,000 Baht.
But there are only 2 of you while there are 4 of us. We are indoors 24/7 these days due to Covid-19. Furthermore, how much time do you spend in air-conditioned environments when you are eating out? Perhaps the cost of your fine dinning added to you electric bill would alter the balance somewhat. No, I am not getting at you, far from it, all I am saying is different lifestyles, different factors at play. Finally, if it was left to me, I would have the 9,000 BTU air conditioner in the mancave running 24/7, and the three girls could do without! However, I think I would live to regret that, if I lived long enough. :) :) :)

But there are only 2 of you while there are 4 of us. We are indoors 24/7 these days due to Covid-19. Furthermore, how much time do you spend in air-conditioned environments when you are eating out? Perhaps the cost of your fine dinning added to you electric bill would alter the balance somewhat. No, I am not getting at you, far from it, all I am saying is different lifestyles, different factors at play. Finally, if it was left to me, I would have the 9,000 BTU air conditioner in the mancave running 24/7, and the three girls could do without! However, I think I would live to regret that, if I lived long enough. :) :) :)
I can't normally dine out due to deep red zone rules. (just relaxed yesterday).

It doesn't matter how many people - it is how many air con units (+ other electrical units like my 4 fridges and 3 chest freezers + pumps for irrigation).

Also not having a go but your bill for a family of 4 seems excessive. Larger than my monthly bill when I had Coffee Corner. It matters not.... comfort comes at a price and as long as it is affordable then the amount is arguably irrelevant.

I know for sure that my utility bills in the UK would be significantly higher...probably X3.

With my family of 4 (kids both home for the past month) 3 chest freezers and 4 fridges, I will be happy if my forthcoming bill is within shouting distance of Nomad's

Daughter has been working for the past 3 weeks turning out Brownies by the dozen which she is selling locally and are being very well received. At 30 mins cooking time each batch in the electric oven I dread to think of the cost. Will have to drown my sorrows with a few Jamesons

Yorkie re your post @8.33 & I checked the units used on Apr & May s bills.
In Apr it was 350 units for B1408.37
but in May we had used 410 unit but they restricted the cost to just 350 units .

That is extremely strange, even for Thailand.

I shall conduct some research when I receive my bill tomorrow or Thirstday.

With the high humidity and temperature this past month, together with a family of 4 virtually trapped indoors 24/7, the air conditioners are certainly earning their keep. The bill is better than expected, I had though the bill may top the 6,000 mark. Cheap at half the price: 5,859.93 baht.
;;big smile;;;;big smile;;;;big smile;;

As others have said, this warm spell of ours has caused greater aircon usage at our hovel too. I was very surprised therefore by today's bill which is 4,069.54 having expected one close to Nomad's figure. Why mine should be LESS than for April's serving (4,078.68 THB) is beyond me - but very welcome! Maybe the recent spate of power cuts have something to do with it!

As others have said, this warm spell of ours has caused greater aircon usage at our hovel too. I was very surprised therefore by today's bill which is 4,069.54 having expected one close to Nomad's figure. Why mine should be LESS than for April's serving (4,078.68 THB) is beyond me - but very welcome! Maybe the recent spate of power cuts have something to do with it!
I think my neighbour must be tapping into my supply.

You don't think it could be that tall chap across the rice fields do you? ::Devil::
Now there is a thought! Best not mess with him, he may burn your house down! I believe his neighbour's house was burnt down very recently, caused by an aerosol he said.

Today's bill was ฿918.89 after a ฿200.92 (+ VAT) discount. Before discount it would have been ฿1,133.88. (285 units).

Apparently we have 50 free units (฿4.0184 * 50 = ฿200.92).

[Edit: I have no idea how the unit price for the free units was arrived at]

Last edited:
One step up from "Liar, liar, pants on fire!!!"
I hope he wasn't trying to light his farts - a match to the aerosol, sorry, arsehole!

When I was a young subaltern in Her Majesty's Armed Forces, serving in a far flung outpost in the Persian Gulf, that was exactly the kind of thing we got up to. To become a member of the Blue Flame Club, one had to produce a flame in excess of 1 meter long. The timing of the event would be announced, always late in the evening, and one would start one's preparation with a hearty breakfast of eggs and beans. Lunch and dinner would be similarly used to stock up on flatulence making fodder. Then after dinner we would adjourn to the bar to consume vast quantities of ale. Then, suitable pissed and full of wind, the games would begin. An existing member of the club would be on hand, with a taper, lit and ready. Another member would also be on hand with the regimental measuring stick. The prospective member, the wannabe, would down his pants, crouch over on all fours, ready for the first effort. I'll say no more, other than Carter the farter, made the grade very easily.

;;big smile;; ;;big smile;; ;;big smile;;

As Jim Royle (played by Ricky Tomlinson in the BBC comedy "The Royle Family") may have once said: " Just watch out for the follow through!"

My bill finally arrived. less than Nomad's at 5526 Baht.

Strangely, despite using 1368 units, I was only charged for 1254 units, with a note indicating that 114 units were not being charged for.

My bill finally arrived. less than Nomad's at 5526 Baht.

Strangely, despite using 1368 units, I was only charged for 1254 units, with a note indicating that 114 units were not being charged for.
I guess one's electricity bill is all about the use of air conditioning. The more you use the higher the bill. It is nice to see that my family is not the only ones using air conditioning on this forum. :)

Back