ELEPHANT'S RAMPAGE Young elephant and its mahout at Surin Ruamphet Hospital 1.

This is my hospital I use. Ruamphey Hospital 1. Over by Surin Plaza. The young elephant ends up in the parking lot. ******* mahout kid beats the hell out of the elephant's back legs with that elephant hook/prod they all use. c**t.

That's the hospital I use over by the Surin Plaza. ******* beats the hell out of the young elephant's back legs with that steel elephant hook/prod. c**t.

Yes I saw it. IMO another total misuse of an english word "rampage" and the Thais "mahouts" should be sent to prision and the elephant sent to an elephant sanctuary.

Wouldn't you like to see the elephant grab the hook from the mahout and start lashing him with it? Or just belt him with his trunk a couple of times.

I'd love to. I was rooting for the elephant. From what I saw he just wanted to stay in the shade rather than go out walking in the very hot sun. Rather than beat him, they should have just led him to some shade and water enticing him with some of their crappy slices of sugar cane. But heaven forbid they'd have to lose a bit of baht on the sugar cane. These f**kers, many of them, are young guys who rent the elephants to go begging and making baht from the sale of the sugar cane bits and pieces. They do not care one whit about the poor elephant they rent. And some of them are truly evil little shits that beat the chang for any reason. And seem to think they are tough guys doing so.

The mahout was losing his control of the elephant and holding the tail was not going to stop the young pacaderm from bolting.
(Of course a hospital may not be the greatest place to seek sugar cane buyers.)

I wonder if that 'hook to hind legs' is part of their training manual. If not then he should be fined.
Indeed many animals that are kept in captivity are subject to the deprivations inflicted by the human species...some are worse than others.

Disgraceful and, as Cent said, which was my first thought, why not let the poor thing rest in the shade, I'm sure somebody would accommodate it with some water and something to eat. The handler was probably scared of the authorities arriving so had to get the chang moving on.

A new law was enacted last year concerning animal cruelty. Quite severe penalties.

A farang, local to me, has been accused of dragging a cow behind his pick-up, with intent to steal it. The cow was seriously injured and died 3 months later -supposedly from its wounds. He is up before the Buriram Court shortly, and conceivebly will be imprisoned for a not insignificant time.

It was obvious and it was said so in the Thai text. The poor animal was hot and distressed and needed a drink of water and something to eat.

My wife loves Chang as being a Kui by decent. I have now got her to give money to The Elephant Sanctuary in Thatum over giving to those street mahouts, that are questionable at best. Yes Cent I agree bunch of cunts! If authorities don't clean this up properly, I can see The Surin Elephant Party being boycotted by an international animal rights lobby.

Firstly, like all of you I found the video very upsetting and could not bear to watch it to the end.

I recall that, in the run up to last year's Elephant Festival, there were many fewer of these roaming elephants with their mahouts selling sugar cane. I also remember reading in the Bangkok Post that the reason for this was that mahouts were now being paid a subsidy in an attempt to keep them in their villages rather than flocking to Surin.

I wonder what has changed? I have certainly seen more about Surin in the last couple of weeks. Has the subsidy been stopped? Or is it still being paid and the mahouts are sub-letting their beasts to sadistic morons such as the one shown in this distressing video.

Back