Evaporation rate in Surin?

Stargazer

Surin Legend
We have a 26 meter x 41 meter x 4 meter deep lake with about 3,400,000 liters water near Rattanaburi. I know evaporation rate depends on wind speed and temperature, but can anyone provide an approximation? We have a solar aerator in the lake that must increase evaporation some.

We can top the lake up in the dry season from our well, which currently produces about 14,000 liters a day. This is enough to raise the water level 1.3 cm per day, which may balance the evaporation. The water flow declines slowly over the dry season to about 60% of this.

We're raising Nile tilapia of two varieties, as well as big frogs and snails. We started about 6 months ago once the lake filled. So far, so good.

Mel our pond is a bit smaller than yours in surface area. Have experienced a 1-1.5m drop in level each year. We did not top it up after the first year (then only from excess rainwater from the house)

What replaced the 1-1.5m? Rain only?
That is what he said. And you should see his rainwater collection system.

tanks-jpg.40089

Also worth seeing is @Bandesnatch's blog ................ https://ecohousethailand.com/.

Last edited:
@Bandersnatch, I do not think you included your rainwater collection and storage system in your blog.

Early on sharing my blog I got criticism about not having separate sections

Blog.jpg

Back