Everyone loves a parade

Will attend Fall semester at UT Austin now graduated from Chulalongkorn.
A rather promising uni for any Thai undergraduate to pursue their engineering dream.

Maybe after the wat he'll think about milking dairy cattle...but I doubt it.
Anything is pissible and possible in Amazing Thailand.

Will attend Fall semester at UT Austin now graduated from Chulalongkorn.
A rather promising uni for any Thai undergraduate to pursue their engineering dream.

Maybe after the wat he'll think about milking dairy cattle...but I doubt it.
Anything is pissible and possible in Amazing Thailand.

Can I assume he is a fluent English speaker then? Where did he learn that?
This has become an issue in Australia in recent times.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/calls-f...guage-requirements-for-international-students

Can I assume he is a fluent English speaker then? Where did he learn that?
This has become an issue in Australia in recent times.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/calls-f...guage-requirements-for-international-students

Extremely fluent speaker. Above par in reading and comprehension.

He was accepted through a 'grant'- scholarship provided through a Thai organization. He also had Honours from Chulalongkorn.

(Surely the longkorn worked in his favour for Austin, TeXass. :p )

His brother is on the cusp of a Doctorate in Veterinary Science.

Proud parents indeed.

Would have thought his parents were proud enough of their son having been given a grant-scholarship rather than subject the poor bugger to the monk ritual. I have come to learn that it is all about Face, nothing else!

Would have thought his parents were proud enough of their son having been given a grant-scholarship rather than subject the poor bugger to the monk ritual. I have come to learn that it is all about Face, nothing else!

Monkhood, even briefly, makes the parents proud.......... or at least the mother in Thai/Farang relationships...:blush:

Monkhood, even briefly, makes the parents proud.......... or at least the mother in Thai/Farang relationships...:blush:

Just proud of themselves when the poor son is incarcerated in the Wat. They shoud be proud of their sons for what THEY have achieved!

My ex Thai wife returned to Australia after we divorced and brought my 2 sons with her. She carried on with the Thai buddha crap and sent the eldest son to a temple in Sydney..thousands of km from his home.
He was molested by a filthy monk there who got a smack straight back to the head for his troubles. My son was immediately expelled to his delight.
Brought a tear to me eye it did!

:rolleyes: I didn't know this thread was about the British Parliament. :p

cheesy.gif
cheesy.gif
cheesy.gif

My ex Thai wife returned to Australia after we divorced and brought my 2 sons with her. She carried on with the Thai buddha crap and sent the eldest son to a temple in Sydney..thousands of km from his home.
He was molested by a filthy monk there who got a smack straight back to the head for his troubles. My son was immediately expelled to his delight.
Brought a tear to me eye it did!

Presumably your son "smacked" him. In similar circumstances I would have involved myself , and ensured it was not just my son that was expelled

Presumably your son "smacked" him. In similar circumstances I would have involved myself , and ensured it was not just my son that was expelled
Yep, he certainly 'smacked' the grub. I was living in our Surin home at the time or charges would've been laid. Of course the Thai mother was annoyed with our son.

Back