Excitement in Ban Nong Nok Jao

georgefromcanada

You chose a custom title
Our house is just outside the vibrant village of Nong Nok Jao which is two streets wide and three streets long. Population swells to 200 when there is an election but other than that there are nothing but grandparents and grandchildten who live here. The entire generation between 20 and 50 have left for greener pastures. Today my father in law had a gate installed. 3 bottles of white whiskey and a dozen green Spy were consumed as neighbours and friends revelled in the excitement of watching the paint dry. I hope that this kind of festive occasion can be repeated bimonthly . It certainly adds to the flavour of living in rural Sisaket.

20180707_181746.jpg

Watch that dodgy ticker George, all the excitement just might kill you. It is less exciting living in a rice field. The most exciting thing that happened in the last 6 months was a calf fell in a dam near by.

@georgefromcanada , what would be the need for perimeter fencing and the rolling gate in a supposedly rural off-the-beaten path community where everyone knows their neighbor and a good many are probably related ?

Is this now a "keeping up with the Joneses" type of DIY project ?

@georgefromcanada , what would be the need for perimeter fencing and the rolling gate in a supposedly rural off-the-beaten path community where everyone knows their neighbor and a good many are probably related ?

Is this now a "keeping up with the Joneses" type of DIY project ?

Probably for the same reason I have a rolling gate and a fence. To keep roaming Buffalo and Cattle out of the garden. A fence for keeping people out is a waste of time, you only succeed in keeping the honest folk out.

Probably for the same reason I have a rolling gate and a fence. To keep roaming Buffalo and Cattle out of the garden. A fence for keeping people out is a waste of time, you only succeed in keeping the honest folk out.

And the dogs, chickens, ducks, drunks, envelope beggars, outlaws, and the f**kers who seem to think it is okay to just wander in and take a gander at what is lying about and beg for a drink or try to bum a smoke or baht. LOL

Bend a short piece of rebar to a U shape and use it to secure the gate when you don't want to lock it every time. Easy and keeps the gate 'secure' without having to lock and unlock it all the time. :)

And take a roll of chicken wire and some wire or zip lock ties and secure it to the bottom half of the gate to keep the smaller critters out if you have a 'barred' type gate. This one looks good as it is like chain link.

Last edited:
Heck. Don't f**k about do it correctly.

razor-wire-blue-sky-picture-id114308931

I was just impressed with the acute attention the spectators gave to one man working. At first glance I thought they may be training for a government job but given their ages I decided it was simply the novelty.

Back