Expat pensioners discriminated against again by UK Government

Prakhonchai Nick

You chose a custom title
On Sunday, the UK Government announced that they will guarantee UK pensioners living in the EU their full state pension for three years. But they still refuse to extend this right to people like 94 year-old WW2 veteran Anne Puckridge, who only receives £72.50 a week of the £129.20 a week pension she deserves. Please click on this link (https://endfrozenpensions.org/find-your-mp/) to write to your MP or the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions to call on the Government to end the unfair 'frozen' pensions policy.

On Sunday, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions Amber Rudd MP said that the 500,000 Brits living in the EU receive a full UK state pension because ‘they’ve helped make our country the success it is’. We believe that this should apply to all UK pensioners, regardless of where they live.

Please click on this link ( https://endfrozenpensions.org/email-the-secretary-of-state-for-work-and-pensions/) to write and call on the Government to truly honour all the people who made the UK by ending the ‘freezing’ of UK state pensions.

Thank you so much for your support.

Katie

End Frozen Pensions Campaign

KEEP_CALM_AND_CARRY_ON_UNION_JACK_MUG__72211.1448819126.200.200.jpg

State pension joy as payments to soar four per cent next year in inflation-busting hike

STATE pensioners will be better off by £351 a year after a bumper four per cent rise next April, it is revealed today.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1184271/state-pension-payment-amount-rise-inflation-pension-news

Not if you have retired to Thailand or a number of other foreign countries, including Australia too. Sour grapes - for sure. As BoJo said earlier last week, "Bah humbug!"

All the more reason for registering with that website campaigning for annual increases for all expats: https://endfrozenpensions.org/

I have signed up already.

I know that some will feel that signing up won't make the slightest difference, BUT one thing's for sure: If people DON'T sign up, there isn't a cat in hell's chance of any changes being made.

Sebastian Brousseau's a good example of someone prepared to fight against seemingly impossible odds as he has done over the TM30 and TM28 issues. Change will come there - but if he and a host of others hadn't campaigned, you can guarantee that nothing would be done.

Not as bad as Australia. If an Australian pensioner travels or lives overseas for more than 6 weeks the pension is significantly reduced. By that I mean up to 50%. Disgusting.

It won't be long before the UK jump on the same bandwagon for new pensioners. Maybe not as drastic as 6 weeks, but 6 months highly likely.

Worth reminding any UK pensioners, that if they should be in the UK or any other reciprocal country at any time, they are entitled to receive the full unfrozen pension for the period of their stay. Maybe time to use that TM6 Nomad:D

It won't be long before the UK jump on the same bandwagon for new pensioners. Maybe not as drastic as 6 weeks, but 6 months highly likely.

Worth reminding any UK pensioners, that if they should be in the UK or any other reciprocal country at any time, they are entitled to receive the full unfrozen pension for the period of their stay. Maybe time to use that TM6 Nomad:D

I believe that the full amount of the unfrozen pension will remain payable on returning to Thailand etc., but will then be frozen again at that higher level until the pensioner return to the UK again.

I believe that the full amount of the unfrozen pension will remain payable on returning to Thailand etc., but will then be frozen again at that higher level until the pensioner return to the UK again.

Unfortunately that has proven NOT to be the case. Having departed the UK or other amenable country, you revert to the original frozen pension

Nomad would receive the full unfrozen pension, were he to move to the Phillipines. He would only revert to the original frozen pension should he come back to Thailand.

In the Philippines he would also be able to take advantage of the many wonders there although I doubt that would be the case if accompanied by his wife.

Nomad would receive the full unfrozen pension, were he to move to the Phillipines. He would only revert to the original frozen pension should he come back to Thailand.

Well gosh dang - then it's a "no brainer".

I know why he cannot depart. He has the pooches to think about.

Must be a good life for expats living economically with full pension in P.I. as so many Filipinos pursue teaching as a career in Thailand.

Back