F1 warmup has just killed 4 in Buriram.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Motorcycle street racing: What happens when things go wrong - four dead

Pictures (6): Sanook

Horrific pictures showed the aftermath to a street racing event on the highway in Buriram.

Five motorcycles slammed into a red pick up that was braking and turning into the PTT gas station in Ban Yang district around 11.30 pm on Saturday night.

Rescue medics performed CPR at the scene that was utter carnage with bikes almost unrecognizable, said Sanook.

Three riders were pronounced dead at Buriram hospital by 1 am and a fourth succumbed later Sunday morning.

Three were also injured. They were all aged between 15 and 17.

None of the racers were wearing helmets.

Witnesses confirmed they were racing.

Source: Sanook

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-07

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topi...-what-happens-when-things-go-wrong-four-dead/

Perhaps the minimum age for riding motorbikes should be raised to 20. One would hope that by that age most would have a wee bit more sense.

Perhaps the minimum age for riding motorbikes should be raised to 20. One would hope that by that age most would have a wee bit more sense.
I agree that 15 years old is too young for a motorcycle licence in Thailand. The bikes that the Thai youngsters ride today can hardly be called mopeds (50cc) and are usually around the 125cc capacity. These machines are capable of rapid acceleration and speeds in excess of 100 kph. Hardly the kind of bike to learn to ride before taking a test. In addition, given the culture for illegal activities like bike racing at night on suburban roads, peer pressure, underage and inexperienced riders will, unfortunately, be more likely to meet an untimely end. R.I.P. to the unfortunate riders.

Tomorrow, this will be forgotten and will happen again. Fortunately this time, the mental midgets only killed themselves.

If these kids aren't smart enough to understand the consequence of their behaviour, how can you teach their kind anything except eat rice 3 times a day.

Do you think this will stop them? I'm sure none of them had a license anyway.

MY PLAN:-

It would only stop them if the penalties for driving underage were sufficiently harsh and enforced . 5,000Baht fine, confiscation of motorbike, regardless of ownership, and a 2 year ban on driving any vehicle AFTER AGE 20. Repeat offence -automatic imprisonment and a 10 year ban! If the government/police pussy foot around as they always do, nothing will change and the death toll will continue to rise.

Regardless of our logical thoughts or intents, these lemmings will continue to sacrifice themselves, and others.
Last Friday, on the way to Surin, I had the closest shave in over 40 years of driving.
If ever road rage was warranted, this fitted the bill.

the most annoying thing is there is a purpose built area laid on for them in Buriram, just outside the stadium on private ground with a little grandstand where it is free for them to go race any day or night they wish to.

it wont stop the bikers from having accidents but it will prevent them from causing accidents that affect the innocent motorist.

the most annoying thing is there is a purpose built area laid on for them in Buriram, just outside the stadium on private ground with a little grandstand where it is free for them to go race any day or night they wish to.

it wont stop the bikers from having accidents but it will prevent them from causing accidents that affect the innocent motorist.

Is protective gear, a proper license and insurance coverage mandatory to utilize that "purpose built area" ?

Is there a usage charge ?

Is protective gear, a proper license and insurance coverage mandatory to utilize that "purpose built area" ?

Is there a usage charge ?

as far as I am aware it is free of charge / no one there to check credentials, when not in use for any other purpose.

they have the professional drag strip out back, but this is just a big piece of the carpark

Even after having different stuff wizzing past my luggs, f**k me, christ, that was close.
Heavy on-coming, stuff all alternatives, anchores away.
Damn, those brakes work work well.

Regardless of our logical thoughts or intents, these lemmings will continue to sacrifice themselves, and others.
Last Friday, on the way to Surin, I had the closest shave in over 40 years of driving.
If ever road rage was warranted, this fitted the bill.

Had a close one myself last week by the Robinson's turn around. Passed me on the right between my truck and the curb as I was waiting to take the right hand u-ey turn. Just barely squeezed through at extreme high speed. The kid on the back turned around and looked back at me, likely wondering how the f**k he was still alive. Probably wanted my plate numbers to play the lottery, as that was their lucky day.

When I see these idiots doing idiotic things on their little rice burners, which, if you are out and about, you WILL see quite often, all I can think is, 'Boy, your Mama will be crying at your burning one day, hopefully soon. f**kwit.'

Hopefully the driver and possibly passenger in the truck wasn't injured. And as far as I am concerned their parents should have to pay to repair that man's truck.

A few years back, just out of Surin, We witnessed the most horrific prang ever.
A B double truck was turning into a mill loaded with rice when a hotted up rice burner appeared from out of nowhere
and fed the rider under the trailer, the bike and half the rider finished up 200+ meters down the road.
f**k that,

Hopefully the driver and possibly passenger in the truck wasn't injured. And as far as I am concerned their parents should have to pay to repair that man's truck.

Which is doubtful. The more likely scenario is the parents of these kids will be suing the man with the truck (because if he wasn't there their kids would have not died), or, if the truck driver has insurance (again doubtful), they will be suing the insurance company to pay them because their dumb as dirt boy died in the accident, an accident just waiting to happen one day with the way these moron macho boys drive their bikes. What burns my buttocks is these f**kwits will look at you as though you have some nerve being on the road and getting in their way.

Back