Finding a good used tractor in Surin

John Deere or New Holland (Ford) are higher quality than Kubota, I am informed by someone more in the know, than me.
The John Deere tractors sold in Thailand are made in China. At least Kubota are made in Thailand. The parts are much cheaper then other brands due to import taxes.
My Kubota has only had problems from fare and unfare wear and tare by my FIL. The professional paddy rat.

Nice story. So which make tractor did you finally purchase ?
None yet. Just arrived in Phuket Sandbox for 7 day quarantine. Beats last year, locked in Bangkok hotel room for 2 weeks. Gotta like the current 33.5/$1 exchange rate now. When I first visited Thailand maybe 30 years ago, it was 45. I may wait on the tractor, as we just ordered a $1M D-Max Hi-Lander ZP AT. As Carl Sagan said "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon you're talking real money." My wife just showed me video of a slick Japanese rice harvester that only costs the same as the D-Max! They have raised the prices and made the D-Max into kind of a 'Tundra' high tech comfy pickup. My wife doesn't want me to spoil the looks by adding a lumber rack. And here I thought we bought it to work. It may be two months before they deliver.

Back