Finding a good used tractor in Surin

Stargazer

Surin Legend
We're interested in buying a good used mid-size tractor in the vicinity of Surin City/Rattanaburi in November. Any suggestions of where to look? Also, any suggestions about the most reliable/serviceable brands?

We're interested in buying a good used mid-size tractor in the vicinity of Surin City/Rattanaburi in November. Any suggestions of where to look? Also, any suggestions about the most reliable/serviceable brands?
Mel, Kubota seem to be the most popular brand so, service/ spares should be readily available. As far as buying, there is a big Kubota dealership
on highway 24 just outsude Sangkha. I feel you would be better buying from a bigger dealership rather than Somchai down the road as far as a warranty goes,
( If this exists ), as remember, Farrang are, walking ATMs and ripping us of is sanctioned.

Mel, Kubota seem to be the most popular brand so, service/ spares should be readily available. As far as buying, there is a big Kubota dealership
on highway 24 just outsude Sangkha. I feel you would be better buying from a bigger dealership rather than Somchai down the road as far as a warranty goes,
( If this exists ), as remember, Farrang are, walking ATMs and ripping us of is sanctioned.
Closer ON the 214 just south of the Global House in Surin there is huge Kubota dealership and yes we have dealt with it and NO you well not get ripped off.

Closer ON the 214 just south of the Global House in Surin there is huge Kubota dealership and yes we have dealt with it and NO you well not get ripped off.
I bet you paid Cash. Did you meet the manager. What a non pleasant person to say the least. Another of my friends. 555.
Her staff are the best people though.
Before you ask I have spent a lot of money there. All Cash 5555. She does not except anything else. I wonder why?

I bet you paid Cash. Did you meet the manager. What a non pleasant person to say the least. Another of my friends. 555.
Her staff are the best people though.
Before you ask I have spent a lot of money there. All Cash 5555. She does not except anything else. I wonder why?
Cash is KING.

I don't recall if they sold "good used" tractors as OP Mel inquired about.

Yes they do.
Where do you think the Repo ones go? There are stacks of them. One thing though besides the obvious why there is stacks of them. The price is not that much lower on used as to new.
When I was buying my first tractor I was told to check out Satuek Burriram. At the time and I think they still do import tractors past their use buy date from Japan. Yes literally all motorized vehicles in Japan have a use buy date. Now I have given the back ground I can tell the story.
I saw a nice used tractor, a Yanma. When given the price I said that was a bit expensive for a tractor that had done so many hours. The manageress looked confused. What do you mean. I explained. She still had no idea what I was talking about. Nobody had ever mentioned this before. She asked to be shown what was the problem. Well we went back to where the tractor was and I showed her the hours run meter. THEN ! She said to me. "If you don't like that number we can change it to one you like" Now I kid you not. No matter what I said I could not get over what this meter was for and the information it gave. In the end I said you are either incredibly stupid or insane. Then I walked out.
Good point and lesson made here. Simple farmers buy cars on color and if the stereo works. As they do tractors. I could not make this up.

Last edited:
Where do you think the Repo ones go? There are stacks of them. One thing though besides the obvious why there is stacks of them. The price is not that much lower on used as to new.
When I was buying my first tractor I was told to check out Satuek Burriram. At the time and I think they still do import tractors past their use buy date from Japan. Yes literally all motorized vehicles in Japan have a use buy date. Now I have given the back ground I can tell the story.
I saw I nice used tractor a Yanma. When given the price I said that was a bit expensive for a tractor that had done so many hours. The manageress looked confused. What do you mean. I explained. She still had no idea what I was talking about. Nobody had ever mentioned this before. She asked to be shown what was the problem. Well we went back to where the tractor was and I showed her the hours run meter. THEN ! She said to me. "If you don't like that number we can change it to one you like" Now I kid you not. No matter what I said I could not get over what this meter was for and the information it gave. In the end I said you are either incredibly stupid or insane. The I walked out.
Good point and lesson made here. Simple farmers buy cars on color and if the stereo works. As they do tractors. I could not make this up.

Nice story. So which make tractor did you finally purchase ?

Whats all the questions for?n You in the market? At the time it was two year. Not against misuse !

Because I'm a big believer in new particularly in LOS unless the used comes with a valid manufacturers warranty.

That's just me although I did/ would purchase used in the States if the vehicle was recent model or low mileage.

Bottom line: Maybe OP Mel will reconsider about "used".
(Rhymes with ab-used.)

Because I'm a big believer in new particularly in LOS unless the used comes with a valid manufacturers warranty.

That's just me although I did/ would purchase used in the States if the vehicle was recent model or low mileage.

Bottom line: Maybe OP Mel will reconsider about "used".
(Rhymes with ab-used.)
Here is the bottom line on buying used any where. If you are not mechanically competent or have somebody you trust is. Do not buy used ever.
Never take the word of a seller. Ever. When I bought a used car here. I asked the salesmen not to talk to me at all about the car, as I don't like hearing lies.
I wasn't there to make friends.

Here is the bottom line on buying used any where. If you are not mechanically competent or have somebody you trust is. Do not buy used ever.
Never take the word of a seller. Ever. When I bought a used car here. I asked the salesmen not to talk to me at all about the car, as I don't like hearing lies.
I wasn't there to make friends.

Fine advice. @Mel Malinowski , are you listening ? Good luck.

Thanks, all. I am mechanically competent, and have successfully bought and sold many used pieces of equipment, excavators, cars and trucks, chippers, etc. I only really got burnt once, when I bought a Toyota Corolla that had been in an accident (not disclosed) and cosmetically repaired very well by a Vietnamese gang (in USA). When I figured that out, I traded it in to a dealer who probably passed it on to another sucker. On the whole, I saved a lot of money by finding some good equipment that had been well-maintained, and buying at the right price. I realize the risks. That said, I do favor buying new if you can afford that and plan to own for the full working life of the equipment. One risk in Thailand is that used equipment might have been in a flood. I'll try to be careful, as you suggest, as I started and managed a sales company and understand the tricks pretty well. But, as our dear departed D. Rumsfeld once said "There are things we know we know, and things we know we don't know. But there are also things we don't know that we don't know" which probably applies to me in Thailand :tearsofjoy:

Back