Flying free, or cheap anyway.

2000 return

how much is the bus? (the good one)

pretty good having a regular flight

It looks as though we will have a 3 x weekly service out of Surin to Don Muang and back from May onwards, following today's test flight into the airport. Fares will be 999THB each way.
Where did you get that info, Merlin?
I saw the plane coming in, as I reported on the Curry thread (bizarrely) but am struggling to get any real info on timings, how to book, you know the really useful stuff.

Where did you get that info, Merlin?
I saw the plane coming in, as I reported on the Curry thread (bizarrely) but am struggling to get any real info on timings, how to book, you know the really useful stuff.

I'll be surprised if it lasts a month.

It looks as though we will have a 3 x weekly service out of Surin to Don Muang and back from May onwards, following today's test flight into the airport. Fares will be 999THB each way.

Be nice to have a link of credibility instead of just hear say.:rolleyes:

From https://www.facebook.com/groups/elephantandcastle/

Surin-Bangkok (Don Mueang) with R Airlines.

Planning.

May 2016
Aircraft: Piper Navajo Chieftain
Seats : 8
Daily flights: 3
Fare: 999 bahts

August 2016
Aircraft: ATR 72-500
Seats: 72
Daily flights: ?
Fare: ?

surinflight.png

Merlin's opening post says 3 flights weekly, Karakara's last post says 3 flights daily. Anyone care to clarify?

P.S. I am not picking holes - there is some very good information here. Just need to understand the number of flights each day, each week.

I've flown few times on aircraft of size and do not have to worry about a free lunch as most passengers are given theirs up for free.:rolleyes: Need be I'l stick with AA out of Buriram.

NOK Air fly ATR 72-200's on their Buriram/Don Muaeng service.

They are OK - the flight just takes 20 mins longer than Air Asia's A320's
Yes. flew up with Nok on an ATR 72-200 yesterday no problems. Seating is 2+2 nice and bright inside. I doubt the flight was
as much as 20 mins longer than the A320, but does it matter as long as it arrives safely? Will definately use this service again.

Yes. flew up with Nok on an ATR 72-200 yesterday no problems. Seating is 2+2 nice and bright inside. I doubt the flight was
as much as 20 mins longer than the A320, but does it matter as long as it arrives safely? Will definately use this service again.

Its all a matter of timing as whether to use Nok or Air Asia. During the day, Air Asia fly closer to midday, but Nok also have an early morning flight in addition.

Air Asia are generally slightly cheaper, except Buriram match days and motor sport days.

Would happily pay a bit more on both airlines and have the use of an airbridge at DM,,instead of touring the airport in an overcrowded bus.

Merlin's opening post says 3 flights weekly, Karakara's last post says 3 flights daily. Anyone care to clarify?

P.S. I am not picking holes - there is some very good information here. Just need to understand the number of flights each day, each week.

There are definite inconsistencies. It was MBH who was told 3 per week, and 3 per day seems excessive (to me) but so does an 80 seater compared to a 10 seater... Who knows?!

A friend seen the plane yesturday and it's tiny , like a toy lol not for me that small sorry

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Its all a matter of timing as whether to use Nok or Air Asia. During the day, Air Asia fly closer to midday, but Nok also have an early morning flight in addition.

Air Asia are generally slightly cheaper, except Buriram match days and motor sport days.

Would happily pay a bit more on both airlines and have the use of an air bridge at DM,,instead of touring the airport in an overcrowded bus.
It Would seem to be the luck of the draw with both Airlines, as to whether you get the use of an Airbridge Nick.
In my experience, you are far more likely to get one with Air Asia, I think it will depend on where the plane is off to next.
With Nok, for the Buriram flight its a cert you will be bused to the plane, If your gate No is 71-75 then you are off down the escalators to ground level for the bus.

Back