FROZEN CHINESE MEALS

Yes, it was a Wok & Rok supplied by Nookie. I followed the instructions, it was defrosted at room temperature before re-heating and not over cooked. Excellent!

I was very disappointed with my chow mein 2 weeks ago. It was all dark meat with noodles too heavily impregnated with soy sauce and thereby very salty. Fortunately I had a chicken curry with it, and that was good.

Many of the dishes available are unknown to me (It is after all 30 years since I left the UK) and I was reluctant to try them. I will however place an order for a couple of others.

My chicken chow mein was definitely 10/10.

Chicken%20chow%20mein_zpsczl9ftkv.jpg

Yes, it was a Wok & Rok supplied by Nookie. I followed the instructions, it was defrosted at room temperature before re-heating and not over cooked. Excellent!

Did you use the microwave Nomad or re-heat in a wok?

Not like you not to follow clear instructions nomad! :)
To the contrary CO-CO, it is you that are mistaken. Confusing though it maybe, the label for the Chicken Chow Mein says to reheat in the microwave while those for the Chicken Curry says to heat in a saucepan. Evidence attached.

20160802_181842.jpg

LOL!

Only problem is when you are hungry, and suddenly home in on a curry or chow mein, they are both frozen. Microwave is probably the only answer, unless you are prepared to wait!

Only problem is when you are hungry, and suddenly home in on a curry or chow mein, they are both frozen. Microwave is probably the only answer, unless you are prepared to wait!

You sound like a Thai now with your lack of planning!! :smile::smile:

Apologies, nomad but I have everything but the chow mein so I wasn't aware of the microwave instructions.

Back