Furniture Repair

nomad97

Resident Geek
Some 6 1/2 years ago, I bought a Lazboy style recliner from the SOFA Maker Co. LTD., located inside the left-hand entrance to HomePro. It is my primary chair for sitting, reclining, and watching TV. Following an in-house modification by myself, whereby I fitted wheels to the base, it is also my primary chair for my man-cave desk and the use of the PC. Last week, the chair suffered a structural failure, one of the 4 springs supporting the main seat cushion broke. Note to self, I really must lose some weight. I am unable to effect a proper repair without a new spring. Fortunately, the SOFA Maker Co. Ltd., provides a full aftersales service, even 6 1/2 years after I purchased the chair. They have a roaming engineer, who will arrive at my house with the spare part to repair my chair in a couple of weeks' time. Total cost, with service and parts, 2,000 baht. I think their engineer does the rounds to Surin once a month if required. Given the difficulty in getting any aftersales service in Surin, I just thought I would pass on my recommendation for this company. Their range of leather sofas and chairs are very attractive and, in my opinion, competitively priced too. :) :) :)

I bought a sofa from there about 5 years ago but the leather has since deteriorated and needs to be repaired. Any recommendations for leather repair in Surin? I will check with SOFA Maker Co. LTD but to be honest I don't hold out much hope. Thanks

I bought a sofa from there about 5 years ago but the leather has since deteriorated and needs to be repaired. Any recommendations for leather repair in Surin? I will check with SOFA Maker Co. LTD but to be honest I don't hold out much hope. Thanks
Are you talking leather or leather cloth? On my 50/50 leather chair, the leather remains in very good condition. One part of the footrest, with leathercloth, is showing signs of wear.

May I suggest you take a picture of the damage to your sofa and pop along to see the young lady in the SOFA Maker Company shop. Take with you your original receipt as that will also have a colour swab of the original chair. I did this with my broken spring. She took a photo of the picture I had presented to her and contacted the engineer in their head office in Samut Prakan (I suspect). Clearly, he assesed the damage over the phone and gave the heads up that he could repair. He also provided the cost to do so, together with the date the work would be done. She wrote out the receipt for 2,000 baht and then I paid her in full.

Last edited:
Conversely, depending on whether or not we are talking leather or leather cloth, there is a guy who produces good work in leather cloth. I am sure he could help.
1609642417075.png

1609642574998.png

Thanks for your input Mr. 97. As soon as this covid crises eases up I will go talk to the powers that be along with a photo. Unfortunately the receipt is long gone.

I cannot make out the details of the map you provided; my eyes are too old. Any possibility of providing the source of that map? Thanks

Back