Go Dung Surin.

Discussion in 'Restaurants and Places to eat in Surin' started by gotlost, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Rice

Rice Surin Legend

If you don't know, Go dung means Warehouse in Thai.

2. Ivor the Engine

Ivor the Engine Administrator

I know the group of young people who own that place in Sisaket. They are a very nice bunch of girls/Tom girls from wealthy families, who really try to provide a nice friendly experience. I have known the tomboy owner get customers home safely if she thinks they drink too much to ride/drive. Good people.

They are nothing to do with the place in Surin. I went there also many years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    georgefromcanada likes this.
  3. Cent

Cent FORUM SPONSOR

These places do very well. They provide top quality Thai music/bands, good Thai foods, and are the hip places for the younger Thai well to do/middle class and upper hang out. Places to be seen. Same now for Room 30, which is more easily accessed as it is centrally located. And, there are plenty of customers, Thais, wanting these sort of places. The only problem I see with them is they usually have a limited 'lifespan' as newer hip places pop up and take away from the older places that are not so 'fresh and new'. Thais are very fickle. They like NEW. It's why so many seem to close and then re-open with a different theme and look every few years.

4. Ivor the Engine

+1

5. Callaway

Callaway Active Member

Go to Green Terrace.A lot better food. But if you do not want to eat then GoDung is better.

Cent and Ivor the Engine like this.
  6. Callaway

Callaway Active Member

Owners have now left the place and now has new owners

Cent likes this.
  7. Coffee

Coffee Surin Legend

New restaurant and music venue will be named The Roost.

8. Ivor the Engine

Hope they don’t cock it up!

9. dennis

dennis Member

The bbq place just behind this place (and Green Terrace) is closed as well. I admit they weren't the best qualitywise, but it was ok and their location close to the park was excellent. It looked to be popular, as it was always pretty much crowded.

10. Coffee

Coffee Surin Legend

@dennis Green Terrace is closed ?

I do believe same ownership as Kurose which is next door.

11. dennis

dennis Member

No, it isn't. The BBQ place is.

12. dennis

dennis Member

And the BBQ place is open again. It opened just before the start of the Elephant festival, after some renovations

New | Recent