GOVERNMENT RICE SUBSIDY

Prakhonchai Nick

You chose a custom title
I am advised that due to poor weather conditions, the government is paying 1,000baht/rai (subject to a maximum) to farmers who own land growing rice.. The money is paid out by the BAAC, and in Prakhonchai area is due to be paid next week.

We have 7 rai, so hopefully the wife will treat me to a 495baht litre bottle of Gilbeys gin.:yum:

I am advised that due to poor weather conditions, the government is paying 1,000baht/rai (subject to a maximum) to farmers who own land growing rice.. The money is paid out by the BAAC, and in Prakhonchai area is due to be paid next week.

We have 7 rai, so hopefully the wife will treat me to a 495baht litre bottle of Gilbeys gin.:yum:

With 7,000 Baht I would hope she would go for something decent like Tanqerray.

With a lovely name like that I felt sure it was whisky. Oh the disappointment to find out it wasn't.

Gin is the new whisky.

Gin tasting is the in thing - you would never be disappointed with a Tanqerray.

Just need to find a supplier for low calorie tonic .

Sis in law harvested about 28 Rai of rice this year. They paid her 12,000bht.
Maybe that's the limit per family?

Limit per holder not family. My understanding..ML has 20 rai in her name FL has 8 rai in his name and Wife has 14 in her name. All the land is registered with the Department of Agriculture here in KC which btw is in the same office as the Department of Livestock. The DA is the agency that verifies this project. ML will get 12K, FL gets 8K and wife gets 12K. They will go to the DA office and get their chit and take it to the BAAC who pays out the money.

Last edited:
Limit per holder not family. My understanding..ML has 20 rai in her name FL has 8 rai in his name and Wife has 14 in her name. All the land is registered with the Department of Agriculture here in KC which btw is in the same office as the Department of Livestock. The DA is the agency that verifies this project. ML will get 12K, FL gets 8K and wife gets 12K. They will go to the DA office and get their chit and take it to the BAAC who pays out the money.

Side note.. I get f**k ALL.;;bad simle;;

Actually not so----My wife has said she receives 1,,500baht/rai not 1000baht as I said earlier.

I have to scratch my head but I recall that they pay up to 10 rai. At that my NL gets 15k, FL gets 12k and wife gets 15k. I still get f**k ALL.:rolleyes::D:D

I have to scratch my head but I recall that they pay up to 10 rai. At that my NL gets 15k, FL gets 12k and wife gets 15k. I still get f**k ALL.:rolleyes::D:D
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Ain't it all a bloomin' shame?

;;haha;;;;haha;;;;haha;;

Back