hi-fi

R

rossi

evening folks

are there are decent hi-fi shops in prasat or do i need to go into surin?
altho i'll be in bkk for a day or 2 to get my affirmation signed so pick one up there and bring on bus home?

any recommendations?

I think a better question would be, "Are there any Hi-Fi shops in Isaan?" I am not so sure that you will find any hi fi shops in Surin. All that seems to be available are home theatre systems to add on to your flat screen TV and DVD or Blue Ray players. One of the really big shops opposite the bus station, commonly called the Sony Shop, has millions of bahts worth of stock, very impressive, but no head phones. I could not find a decent set of head phones anywhere in Surin last month, and I went in most of the shops and supermarkets. In my travels I did not see any decent hi-fi systems either. There is a semi serious radio shack type shop next to the hospital. Lots of amplifiers and karaoke systems but that's about it.

evening folks

are there are decent hi-fi shops in prasat or do i need to go into surin?
altho i'll be in bkk for a day or 2 to get my affirmation signed so pick one up there and bring on bus home?

any recommendations?

hi-fi shops ? Kinda dating oneself.:biggrin: If you mean an electronic, store in Prasat No need to go into Surin. While in Bangkok you can check the stores out

I think a better question would be, "Are there any Hi-Fi shops in Isaan?" I am not so sure that you will find any hi fi shops in Surin. All that seems to be available are home theatre systems to add on to your flat screen TV and DVD or Blue Ray players. One of the really big shops opposite the bus station, commonly called the Sony Shop, has millions of bahts worth of stock, very impressive, but no head phones. I could not find a decent set of head phones anywhere in Surin last month, and I went in most of the shops and supermarkets. In my travels I did not see any decent hi-fi systems either. There is a semi serious radio shack type shop next to the hospital. Lots of amplifiers and karaoke systems but that's about it.

Private hospital ( on right upon exit)

It all depends on what you want to buy.

If you want to build your own, ie. purchase a dvd player, amp, graphic equaliser and speakers then there is a place in Prasat near to the turning into the bus station.

i just got back from thailand today. :(
anyhoo there was a few shops knocking around the market area

she opted for some powered speakers instead of going down the amp and speaker route. there not too big and she can have them outside or inside.

i just got back from thailand today. :(
anyhoo there was a few shops knocking around the market area

she opted for some powered speakers instead of going down the amp and speaker route. there not too big and she can have them outside or inside.

That will be nice for the neighbours! :smile:

Reminds me of the 'Not the Nine O'Clock News' sketch (SANGKA over to you).

Where Mel Smith (RIP) goes into a HIFI store to buy a gramophone.

Jump_Drool

Back