HIP CAFE' Rooftop Bar

I find it a little ironic that my second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine has been rescheduled from 24th to 27th September because 24th September is Prince Mahidol Day and designated a public holiday..

September 24th of every year was designated as Prince Mahidol Day in commemoration of his contributions to the development of medical education in Thailand and his selfless devotion to the well-being of Thai people.

I think it applies to both jabs. Though I am not 100% certain on that. Me? I'm not taking chances. I'd be pissed off if I caught the damn virus after getting the 2nd jab. LOL
It does indeed. I was informed that 3 weeks was necessary for jab 1 before maximum protection was provided. I don't have a timescale for the second jab, although I would accept 2 weeks for maximum protection to be a realistic time.

It does indeed. I was informed that 3 weeks was necessary for jab 1 before maximum protection was provided. I don't have a timescale for the second jab, although I would accept 2 weeks for maximum protection to be a realistic time.

According to health authorities you are still at risk for spreading and possibly being infected with a Covid variant.

Just because you are "fully vaccinated" doesn't end that risk to and from others.
Being vaccinated simply assists in reducing your "chance" of long-term health complications and/or possibly death. (Period.)

Why do you think health authorities state that you still require wearing a mask and avoid certain 'unhealthy' situations ?

According to health authorities you are still at risk for spreading and possibly being infected with a Covid variant.

Just because you are "fully vaccinated" doesn't end that risk to and from others.
Being vaccinated simply assists in reducing your "chance" of long-term health complications and/or possibly death. (Period.)

Why do you think health authorities state that you still require wearing a mask and avoid certain 'unhealthy' situations ?
I am hoping most here realize this and take due precautions where warranted. I intend to. You can still catch it and shed the virus even when fully vaccinated. Personally I'd rather not get it even as a 'mild' case. I hate being sick, though I rarely get flus and colds and such. When I have caught them over the years the damned flus end up being a doozy. Like once every ten or more years. Having had vaccines all my life I do trust them. Had all the childhood shots and avoided all those bastards. And I had a raft of shots for everything under the sun when entering the Navy. Plus some shots before coming to Thailand for the Hep. A couple Flu shots since turning 55.

I have no problem with vaccines. I don't understand all this anti vaxx bullshit. Every child growing up in the west has had plenty, and very few have problems. It's rare. As is the side effects from these present Covid jabs. There's some, but it is rare. One thought on the vaccines for me was the new mNRA for covid. But those have been being used for the past 20 years as well. Am glad I could get the Astra style jabs. Tried and true over many years.

No shaking hands any more, and hugging is out for all but the nearest and dearest. No man hugs. Just give me a wai if you want to be polite. :)

"I was informed that 3 weeks was necessary for jab 1 before maximum protection was provided. I don't have a timescale for the second jab, although I would accept 2 weeks for maximum protection to be a realistic time."

I was only talking about the degree of protection offered by being double jabbed. I was not talking about relaxing my guard to becoming infected. Unlike others maybe, I will remain very close to my home, stay in at night, and not sample what is on offer in the busy and salubrious city night spots. I remain aware that my biggest threat to infection is that of imported viruses to my home, especially from my 2 daughters, as and when they resume their studies in crowded school surroundings.

I am hoping most here realize this and take due precautions where warranted. I intend to. You can still catch it and shed the virus even when fully vaccinated. Personally I'd rather not get it even as a 'mild' case. I hate being sick, though I rarely get flus and colds and such. When I have caught them over the years the damned flus end up being a doozy. Like once every ten or more years. Having had vaccines all my life I do trust them. Had all the childhood shots and avoided all those bastards. And I had a raft of shots for everything under the sun when entering the Navy. Plus some shots before coming to Thailand for the Hep. A couple Flu shots since turning 55.

I have no problem with vaccines. I don't understand all this anti vaxx bullshit. Every child growing up in the west has had plenty, and very few have problems. It's rare. As is the side effects from these present Covid jabs. There's some, but it is rare. One thought on the vaccines for me was the new mNRA for covid. But those have been being used for the past 20 years as well. Am glad I could get the Astra style jabs. Tried and true over many years.

No shaking hands any more, and hugging is out for all but the nearest and dearest. No man hugs. Just give me a wai if you want to be polite. :)

I didn't attend @nookiebear's feeding of the 5,000 today but my wife informed me that there were not many farangs wearing masks. I had previously decided that there was no point in both of us going and she is reluctant to let me drive these days. And, after all, it is her truck.

Hip Cafe Rooftop Bar

Hip Cafe's where cool people love to come.
Good Saturday, please.
H I P C A F E'

We’re Open
9:00am-8:00pm
It's open.
Food, snacks and drinks are available.

DRINKS AND FOOD CAN BE ORDERED FROM HIPCAFE.
Via application
Grab Food & Line Man.
Daily from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Thank you to all our customers for waiting.
Support us, too.

1631331083674.png

1631331100305.png

1631331118185.png

1631331138293.png

1631331156308.png

Last edited:

Rattanyoo Saikaew is at HIP CAFE'.​

8h · Muang Surin ·
There's only beer in the fridge.
1f922.png
1f974.png

1631538738040.png

1631538755428.png

1631538786745.png

Those pants are very hip these days. Korean style. Good for the floods I guess. :cool:

Back