Home for Sale in Thep Thanni Estate

Coffee

You chose a custom title
A teacher retirement will bring an opportunity of an affordable residential property in Thep Thanni.

Initial Offering is for sale at Songkraan:
1.19 talang wah, 2 bdrm, 2 bath, large covered parking, large yard with garden on an extremely quiet dead-end street (no through traffic perfect for children).
Approx 1 km north of Robinsons.

Owner financing available up to THB 475,000. Asking THB 1,950,000 .

> I have spoken with the owner regarding my banking situation. That stated she has agreed that US$65,000 also could be utilized (at xe THB30.oo/ $1.oo) as a purchase payment in full if that will be beneficial for the buyer. <

20210227_165512.jpg20210227_165747.jpg20210227_165456.jpg20210227_165345.jpg20210227_165206.jpg

I am no realtor agent, however, I am sure a better set of photos may help sell this house. However, from the info presented the price tag seems a tad high. Clearly, it is an old house in need of much TLC. The cost to bring this house up to standard needs to be factored into the selling price.

I am no realtor agent, however, I am sure a better set of photos may help sell this house. However, from the info presented the price tag seems a tad high. Clearly, it is an old house in need of much TLC. The cost to bring this house up to standard needs to be factored into the selling price.
I agree. For nearly 2 million baht I would expect it to be move in clean and painted interior and exterior... with little to do besides making it in your style/color and to move in the furniture.

I agree. For nearly 2 million baht I would expect it to be move in clean and painted interior and exterior... with little to do besides making it in your style/color and to move in the furniture.

Yes. I guess that is why it will be offered for sale in seven weeks.

I asked if I could take a few photos understanding it is not ready for showing.
I took the phone-shots while they were busy moving furniture out of the house - clearly not ready for putting up for sale seven weeks in the future.

"Clearly, it is an old house..."
How could you tell the age ...how old is it?

(How old are you now, nomad ? For sure "...in need of much TLC." lol :)

I asked if I could take a few photos understanding it is not ready for showing.
I took the phone-shots while they were busy moving furniture out of the house - clearly not ready for putting up for sale seven weeks in the future.

"Clearly, it is an old house..."
How could you tell the age ...how old is it?

(How old are you now, nomad ? For sure "...in need of much TLC." lol :)
Some of us have lived on Thep Thani before and know the housing units quite well. Much like the house you are renovating now, a lot of the housing stock was built some 30 years ago or even later. It appears to be a townhouse, although the photo is not that clear, and the size of the plot is very misleading and wrong. The terms Wah and Talang Wah, where 1 Wah equals 2 meters, so 1 Talang Wah (Talang being “squared”) equals 4 square meters. So 1.19 Talang Wah = 5.66 square meters, clearly too small to accommodate any dwelling. Most townhouses around this area, sit on a plot in the order of 50 to 60 Talang Wah. The larger houses on plots between 80 to 100 Talang wah. Clearly not 1.19 or even 2 Talang Wah (as Nick has said previously).

And, just for the record, I said I felt it was a tad expensive. For 50,000 baht more than the asking price of 1,950,000 baht, a more substantial property is available on Thep Thani and for sale at 2,000,000 baht.

1614487523295.png

Some of us have lived on Thep Thani before and know the housing units quite well. Much like the house you are renovating now, a lot of the housing stock was built some 30 years ago or even later. It appears to be a townhouse, although the photo is not that clear, and the size of the plot is very misleading and wrong. The terms Wah and Talang Wah, where 1 Wah equals 2 meters, so 1 Talang Wah (Talang being “squared”) equals 4 square meters. So 1.19 Talang Wah = 5.66 square meters, clearly too small to accommodate any dwelling. Most townhouses around this area, sit on a plot in the order of 50 to 60 Talang Wah. The larger houses on plots between 80 to 100 Talang wah. Clearly not 1.19 or even 2 Talang Wah (as Nick has said previously).

And, just for the record, I said I felt it was a tad expensive. For 50,000 baht more than the asking price of 1,950,000 baht, a more substantial property is available on Thep Thani and for sale at 2,000,000 baht.

View attachment 38684

OMG - 119 talang wah. Fook me swinging. :O

@nomad97
Is the home you're showing available - again - really...which date on Faz Waz ?
(Indeed I've viewed that property previously.)

By the way the townhouse pictured is the view looking across the street from the patio of the property intended to be listed for sale at Songkraan.

OMG - 119 talang wah. Fook me swinging. :O

@nomad97
Is the home you're showing available - again - really...which date on Faz Waz ?
(Indeed I've viewed that property previously.)

By the way the townhouse pictured is the view looking across the street from the patio of the property intended to be listed for sale at Songkraan.
So it's not the house for sale at all. Well, I will be damned, strike me down with a slap across my face with a wet fish. Whoever would have guessed that?

P.S. The other house, I guess it's still for sale today ................................

1614503091875.png

So it's not the house for sale at all. Well, I will be damned, strike me down with a slap across my face with a wet fish. Whoever would have guessed that?

P.S. The other house, I guess it's still for sale today ................................

View attachment 38688
There's a reason it's been for sale for years.
Go take a real look at it inside and out, street location and the view.
Then you'll know why.

"Built in 2015" with photos dated 2005.
Oh yeah...Faz Waz...lots of personal touch there... :)

I did look around a few houses in Thep Thani when we first came to Surin back in 2004. The first house we lived in was Martin's (R.I.P.) old house, now occupied by @Cent. The splash pool was good in those days. It's fair to say, much of the housing stock needed substantial renovation even then. Having seen your photos of the house you are doing up, there are many issues that need to be sorted, including roofing, support beams, wiring, and plumbing.

Having seen your photos of the house you are doing up, there are many issues that NEED[ED] to be sorted, including roofing, support beams, wiring, and plumbing.

The key issues that NEEDED to be addressed were hopefully properly and structurally addressed with my renovation as in past tense.
Keep well in mind the property isn't and will never be mine.
The purchase was not for an investment and flip. It is simply for the family's LT habitation and future happiness with a grandchild soon on the way.

I am friendly with the seller of the property and well understood his situation.
I initially was planning on spending over one million on the renovation and 'eldercare' addition.
To be fair I'll come in at double. :) ...

But then again this has little to do with the topic of an upcoming property being listed for sale at a future date in Thep Thanni.
To be fair I'm the one that asked if I could present it on an expat westerner forum when I saw them loading up household belongings.
She rolled her eyes but relented.

Thep Thanni is a decent estate with wide sois , decent street plan and advantageous location...and yes - larger lots that many newer projects cannot offer.

See where $65,000 or £50,000 gets you back home.

Last edited:
Back