Home Renovation upcoming

One neighbour at the end of our cul-de-sac discovered that his home has been built over the boundary line for the project, leaving his side garden, driveway and part of the building on land owned by the government. He’s waiting for a remedy after months of surveying and discussions, but nothing has been organized yet. We’ve discussed a class action but are uncertain about the IQ financials. Kritsanai was started by them before our project began, but is now a separate business, seemingly owned by Mrs IQ, while ours is run by Mr IQ. Something to do with a breakdown in relationships is what we’ve been told. There were rumours of gambling debts... I can say no more.
Before we moved to Kokpalat some 8 years ago, we did consider the new houses being built in Krissana lakes and the development next door. From the outside, the houses looked very nice. However, when I studied the floor plans, I was not impressed with the size of the kitchens and the bathrooms, both very small, and we decided not to pursue the idea. After hearing your tales of woes I am now very pleased we did not buy out there. :cry: :cry: :cry:

No, I don't have a problem with 'overkill' or 'temporary repair' on "Not My House".
Have fun any way you choose, and try not to take offense at friendly advice.

No worries Mario as no offense was taken.
I was just explaining the situation from my perspective.

Meanwhile upstairs...View attachment 38121View attachment 38122
This is darling's daughter interior design project.
Just a quick word of advice on the filling of the joints between the sheets of plasterboard.
Sometimes filling just once is not enough, as when the filler dry's it shrinks and leaves a dip between the sheets. This will become noticeable when finally painted, and in different lights.

Good eye @mario299 and you're exactly correct.

Thank you for commenting and much appreciated.
You must've been reading my contractor's mind.
The cement blocks were being removed this morning.
In a similar vein, I hope they are using the correct mortar for the Q-Con bricks.

1611894731613.png
Usually laid with one of these .......................

1611894763263.png

20210116_103424.jpg

Thank you for your suggestions.
Somewhere under cover you'll find 50kg bags of TPI M310 "light-weight block masonry" mortar.

Now finishing up choosing hard-wood boards for stairway and doors before heading back from Buachet.

When we were building my place, I was always reluctant to venture far during working hours. Sometimes this was unavoidable as I had the only pickup (and licence) to obtain larger items which could not be safely collected with a motorcycle. 30% of the time something went wrong whilst I was away.

What exactly are you stating is wrong ?

Back