Home Renovation upcoming

I'm surprised they got the tiles in the right order.

My lounge floor tile pattern is very complicated, at least it was for my Khmer tiler.

I drew the design out on the computer and printed out the hard copy for the foreman. They had strung a centre line through the lounge but then informed me that they needed new cutter discs.

I was only gone 30 minutes!

"We thought this looked better". "It will work if you buy more of these small tiles and throw the then spare ones away".

"No it won't, take them up and start again. Where's the plan?" It was in the foreman's back pocket.

lounge tiles.jpg

Last edited:
I drew the design out on the computer and printed out the hard copy for the foreman.
"No it won't, take them up and start again. Where's the plan?" It was in the foreman's back pocket.
Your post reminded me to ask the electrical foreman if he had my hand-scribbled sketch for the new addition.

He paused and excused himself to walk to his truck. When he returned he handed it to me.
20210201_174358.jpg
Surprise, surprise. :)

"Do you really want fake wood instead of tile ?" Yup.
Both daughters wanted 'laminated wood' for their upstairs bedrooms even after I told them that snakes, lizards and spiders enjoy it more than tile. These ladies are obviously brave lasses.
20210214_165537.jpg
Pictured before trim and assorted decor.

Both daughters wanted 'laminated wood' for their upstairs bedrooms even after I told them that snakes, lizards and spiders enjoy it more than tile. These ladies are obviously brave lasses.
View attachment 38437

You gave then too many choices! 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 38437
When the temperature drops below20C, as it has done many times recently, I'll take a fake wood floor over tile anyday

A major unplanned plumbing retrofit was required. "Buyer beware..."20210208_172142.jpg20210210_150022.jpg20210214_165851.jpg20210213_142355.jpg
Unfortunately assurances from the previous owner were for naught.
"Que sera, sera..."
Fortunately our team invested to fully investigate further in order to provide a proper and successful resolution.

20210109_144431.jpg20210110_152739.jpg20210117_163047.jpg20210202_151950.jpg20210218_161743.jpg
Photos of the same corner of new-concept room major renovation and upgrade.
Design interior layout, conceptual development and color scheme by darling's daughter number two.
All labor and workmanship by darling's family construction crew except for air con contracting.
Bhat for labor and materials by darling's Daddy (which would be me of course).

Back