Home Renovation upcoming

Next month I will contract a home purchase and remodel. Essentially from a monetary standpoint I will be classified as the developer and my darling will become the title-holding contractor.
Today I met with an architect to discuss an addition but as pictured below he had unfortunately played hookey last night upon hearing about tonight's election prohibition on alcohol.
I'm feeling quite optimistic about this project.
View attachment 37315
20210210_113102.jpg
Same architect after two months following a Friday night.

15 x 1W or something different? With 8 bulbs around the outer ring, plus 3 or more in the center, did you mix and match to get the total of 15W?

We put 2 x 15W in our lounge and unless there's any reason to read small print, etc., we now only use the wall lights (40W tungsten).

@nomad97 please read Nick's post that I responded to.
Is Nick writing about watt per bulb or total watts on my lighting fixture ?

Your correct answer will serve as my reply to your inquiry above re: Installed 15W LED ;)
Since I made the comment, please allow me to respond.:)

You have 8 lights surroundng a central circular light. Not sure whether the circular light is a fluorescent or as in my home contains 2 light bulbs. Either way I was suggesting each light bulb should be 3W or 5W. If you are saying your total wattage is just 15W, I don't think that is possible as I have never seen a 1W or 2W LED light I think 3W is the minimum

5W LED is a good if not better replacement for 40W Tungsten. Why wait...the saving could well outweigh the increased electric costs over time. Many offers around..buy 2 - 1 free etc, average cost 60baht

My electric bill is currently less than ฿ 900.00 per month.

I understand that yours is somewhat higher than that?

5W LED is a good if not better replacement for 40W Tungsten. Why wait...the saving could well outweigh the increased electric costs over time. Many offers around..buy 2 - 1 free etc, average cost 60baht

Five of the fluorescent bulbs will require the electrician to replace so when one packs in I shall replace those all together. The rest are incandescent bulb wall lights so may be replaced individually by myself. When one goes kaput, I shall probably buy a dozen together.

I went to a house warming in Lamduan back in 2000. The design of the house was very similar to mine (same architect - why I was invited).

They had a sing-a-song troop in the garden together with a massive amplifier and the usual cacophony of speakers. There were plenty of lights in the tent plus probably another dozen around the perimeter of the garden. Also, all the internal lights of the house were turned on. Obviously back then, none were LED.

Why they were surprised when the breakers continued to do their job is beyond me. The supply was 5/15 Amp.

Erecting a 5 cm high platform for a soaking tub.
What is the width of the contact (floor) footprint at its widest point ?20210222_151757.jpg
The length contact footprint is 133 cm.

Last edited:
That is very unusual (in my experience) for a Thai drawing. The dimensions are normally given in centimetres whereas they appear to be in metres/millimetres, which I always have worked in since my schooldays.

Reference your question, the length of the footprint appear. to be 1.105 m + 0.135 m = 1.240 m on plan but the side elevation indicates a length of 1.330 m? Unless the supports are cantilevered?

The width of the footprint looks to be deleted from the left side of the plan?

I don't read Thai.

The width of the footprint looks to be deleted from the left side of the plan?
I don't read Thai.

Nothing deleted. I don't read Thai either.

Look at the drawing and give it your best shot.
The correct answer will be revealed at a later date.

(Just one of the 'setbacks' I had referred to in an earlier post.)

Erecting a 5 cm high platform for a soaking tub.
What is the width of the contact (floor) footprint at its widest point ?View attachment 38612
The length contact footprint is 133 cm.
The footprint in contact with the floor would appear to be 530mm x 1,330mm. However, as the 530mm marks a continuous line, I will assume that is the inside measurement of the bath. The dashed line, not dimensioned, is probably the widest point of the footprint. Perhaps the dashed line is another 10cm wider than the solid line. Therefore, the footprint for the bath would be in the order of 540mm x 1,330mm.

Back