How are vaccines being rolled out in the area?

Wayne Thompson

I'm stuck in Australia at the moment but have my mother-in-law and her disabled brother are down in southern Prasat towards Kap Choeng.
Both of them at at high risk with the virus and potential ongoing complications.
If they got sick it would open a can of worms as we would have to figure out how we can fly over there to sort matters and care.
So vaccination is very high on our priorities.

I ask my wife to find out what the rollout of the vaccine is in the area but she isn't great at looking things up.

Can anyone tell me how it is going?
Where can people get vaccinated?
What vaccines are available?
Seems sinovac doesn't actually work so something other than that would be good.

I'm stuck in Australia at the moment but have my mother-in-law and her disabled brother are down in southern Prasat towards Kap Choeng.
Both of them at at high risk with the virus and potential ongoing complications.
If they got sick it would open a can of worms as we would have to figure out how we can fly over there to sort matters and care.

I ask my wife to find out what the rollout of the vaccine is in the area but she isn't great at looking things up.

I was offered a AZ jab this thursday in Surin and I don't even live there, but have a friend who works for the Health Authority. I refused his kind offer, as my Uni will be giving me one @ 2pm Tuesday.
I heard in the news today that Japan has donated over a million doses and they will be going to the over 60's here (Thai & Foriegners).

You DO NOT register on any web site. for Kap Choeng. Go to the Kap Choeng Hospital and give them your name and contact details. My wife did this back in June and WE were called up yesterday. Kap Choeng Hospital was excellent yesterday. In by 9:30 and out by 11 am. I was the only Farang in a group of about 150. She also was given the AZ jab BECAUSE she is my care giver. https://www.surinfarang.com/forum/threads/aways-trust-mrs-gl.28981/ Fell free to contact me.

You do know that you cannot travel outside Australia there is a blanket travel ban. There is exceptions though and the fairs are expensive. Dying relatives is not an excuse though, only making money is. If you ever got here you will be stuck for the duration as there is only one expat flight a week for 46 persons from Singapore to Sydney. Only costs $8000 AUD one way. Oh and its booked solid for god knows how long.
Its simple really as there is next to no flights out there is next to no flights in and what there was has now been halved if you have been reading the news in Australia. You would know that.

https://www.argusmedia.com/en/news/2231807-australian-arrival-cap-to-weigh-on-jet-fuel-demand.

Your wife would be able to travel if she departs on her Thai passport. But like I said she will be here for the duration.

Hello @Wayne Thompson, the tried and trusted method is to log onto the Mor Prom (Doctor ready) app through the LINE application. That is the official method to book a vaccination. See https://www.bangkokhospital.com/en/page/mor-phrom-and-vaccinated-for-covid-19 for a full explanation.

Having said that, there are a lot of variations on a theme, and for the area in which your Thai relations live, the method recommended by @gotlost is probably the preferred method. Tell them to go to the Kap Choeng Hospital and register their names and contact details for a vaccination.

As to the rollout of vaccines in the Surin area, that is all hit and miss at the moment. Central Government has hijacked the programme and is diverting the majority of the available vaccines to the Bangkok Metropolitan area. As to choice, it is either AstraZeneca or Sinovac although the former is being allocated to those over 60 years of age or suffering from one of seven chronic health conditions. It is likely that your relatives would receive the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Yesterday my wife paid for vaccine (two doses) at Rhumpaet Hospital. ฿3,300.00. It will apparently be Moderna with the first dose effected in October. If she has the opportunity to obtain vaccines through the Government before that and she is happy with the manufacturer, then she may sell the "appointment" onward.

Back