Immigration Bus

Bandersnatch

Surin Solar Legend
Disclaimer: I am sharing my extension renewal experience as a benefit to forum members not as a trolling opportunity :rolleyes:

As stated in chat yesterday, I received a phone call from immigration yesterday afternoon requesting that I do my 11/11/2021 retirement extension at 9am today at a school in the city. I rushed to the bank to update my passbook and get my confirmation letter; got photocopies and new photos.

Immigration had a bus at the school to do visa extensions for farang teachers and a few others like me who had been called yesterday - all were as pissed off as me for the short notice.

20210929_025822269_iOS.jpg

I have now been retired in Thailand for 10 years and at each extension there is always some problem. I complete my TM7 and TM8 forms as word documents print out and sign them. I was initially requested to complete the forms again as I had signed in Black and not Blue ink. I argued that it needed to say Blue was required on the form, so they let it slide.

They asked for photocopies of my gf's ID card and House Book, which I did not have. No photocopy shop was nearby so I was asked for a "tip" to pay for the copies.

New forms this year:

20210929_022343290_iOS.jpg

20210929_023734498_iOS.jpg

IMG_5803.JPG

When it came to the TM8 re-entry permit I was told "do at the airport" I said I did not want to "do at the airport" If I have to leave Thailand in an emergency I don't want to travel to Bangkok only to have my re-entry permit application refused at Suvarnabhumi as I did not bring a copy of some "necessary document" "Cannot do re-entry permit at the bus. Have to do at the main office"

At the main office in the new government building there is a sign on the door saying "wait here" in Thai. I ignored the sign and walked in. There were 4 people inside: 2 officers one of whom was dealing with a foreigner and his thai girl. The other officer who was playing his phone pointed at the door and said "wait" I pointed at one of the 30 empty chairs and said "here?" slight pause then "OK".

I waited for about 10 minutes, before being served. I was distracted by the sight of an extractor fan on the window next to the aircon. No wonder it was so bloody hot in there.

20210929_040129049_iOS.jpg

Disclaimer: I am sharing my extension renewal experience as a benefit to forum members not as a trolling opportunity :rolleyes:
When it came to the TM8 re-entry permit I was told "do at the airport" I said I did not want to "do at the airport" If I have to leave Thailand in an emergency I don't want to travel to Bangkok only to have my re-entry permit application refused at Suvarnabhumi as I did not bring a copy of some "necessary document" "Cannot do re-entry permit at the bus. Have to do at the main office"
I waited for about 10 minutes, before being served. I was distracted by the sight of an extractor fan on the window next to the aircon. No wonder it was so bloody hot in there.

View attachment 44508

Excellent narrative.
Are you still in limbo at present over your extension ?

I'll look forward to reading your succesful conclusion or...

Nevertheless good luck!

They asked for photocopies of my gf's ID card and House Book, which I did not have. No photocopy shop was nearby so I was asked for a "tip" to pay for the copies.

I've been providing copies of both those documents since before Immigration moved into the new Kab Cheong building. I was of the impression that it was the owner of your current abode whose ID and House Book were required, not one's girlfriend (or in my case wife).

However, I agree that virtually every year there are conflicting requirements for copies of documentation.

A
Extension done at the bus, re-entry permit done at the new government building. I think they were a little embarrassed that they couldn't do the re-entry so they refreshed my 90 days even though it wasn't due.

Ahh...so they're utilising a bus for extentions of visas...interesting.

Possibly it's a kinder, gentler way forward where one is outdoors as opposed to being subjected to 'indoor germs', heh. ;-)

I'm glad you sailed on through with flying colours.

Might I inquire as to which school the magic bus was at ?

Could I please ask one question of you @Bandersnatch?

Was your completed TM7 double sided or two pages? Mine was double sided (as requested by Immigration ever year) however the "receptionist" at Kab Cheong removed the photograph, then took the form away and photocopied it on two pages then subsequently re-attached the photograph.

I sometimes wonder which planet I am on.

Might I inquire as to which school the magic bus was at ?

@Coffee I have requested an answer to your question and will post as soon as my gf checks her Line.

I doubt it will be the same school next time. Back in the early 2000s I was Director of Technology at N.I.S.T. in Bangkok, immigration would visit once a year. We were required to "show our face" and were ticked off the list - that was my only dealing with immigration while working here.

Was your completed TM7 double sided or two pages? Mine was double sided (as requested by Immigration ever year) however the "receptionist" at Kab Cheong removed the photograph, then took the form away and photocopied it on two pages then subsequently re-attached the photograph.

I sometimes wonder which planet I am on.

I print my TM7 on both sides of a single piece of paper. I was asked to write my phone number at the bottom of the back page. I pointed out that I had already written my phone number at the top of the front page (As required by Chomburi immigration) - apparently that is not correct in Surin but I was not asked to write it again.

The question is, where do we obtain the new version of the TM 7? Surin Immigration? Is it available online?

It seems someone has tried to consolidate the additional forms concerning monetary matters, the validity of extension permits, and penalties for overstay onto one single form requesting permission to remain for another year. I think it is a local form as no official TM number has been allocated. Finally, I note that the Thai currency is formally recorded on the new form as a 'Bath'. Just right for slippery customers. Soapies are extra. :) :) :)

Bejasus, it must be virtually impossible to park there!

I'll stick to the sub-office on the ring road (which is probably nearer for me anyway).

I wasn't given a choice, immigration called me and told me to come in - they didn't ask. I drove into the school and security saw me in the car and waved us over to park near the bus

They still took my old TM7 form but wanted me to complete these forms as well - some more than once.
They will soon need a new building at KC to store all the additional paperwork.

As to being ordered to do my extension 44 days in advance, with only 24 hours or less notice, impossible. I need a 12-month bank statement to support my income statement, and Bangkok Bank requires 4 to 5 days to process the request. I usually go into the bank on a Monday morning, and if I am lucky, get the printout by Friday.

They will soon need a new building at KC to store all the additional paperwork.

As to being ordered to do my extension 44 days in advance, with only 24 hours or less notice, impossible. I need a 12-month bank statement to support my income statement, and Bangkok Bank requires 4 to 5 days to process the request. I usually go into the bank on a Monday morning, and if I am lucky, get the printout by Friday.

And does that bank statement require to be dated the same date as your application?

Mine does.

I would have ignored them.

And does that bank statement require to be dated the same date as your application?

Mine does.

I would have ignored them.

@Yorky - good point - and would have been impossible for me to have done the same day. As it was, it took all afternoon to organise and copy my paperwork. If they had given me any grief about it I would been very unhappy.

When the girl told me to rewrite my TM7 I said "Creat Mak" (big stress) just as the boss came out of the bus. He said "Mai Creat" (no Stress) to me. I told him to try sitting in my seat in Thai - he looked a bit shocked - I was not a happy camper

Oh I am feeling so much better knowing its not just me. I was worried about my TM7 printed on two pieces of paper. As I had heard they did not like that. But it was no problem.
But that was not my issue on the day. Mine was I got my new Kor Ror 2 on Friday (Extract marriage certificate) and it was now Monday. It was suggested to me that I may of got a Divorce after 18 years for some reason on the weekend when Amphur offices are closed. I kind of went into a silent melt down and asked for clarification. After a phone call it was somehow quietly forgotten. Because I did not go and get a new Kor Ror 2 I was punished, by being made to wait till almost knock off time. Oh well. Not the first time for me.
I see your name has now been added to the naughty book along side of mine @Bandersnatch .

I don't believe that there are any Immigration Officers, from the lowly to the hierarchy, who are not aware that a 12 month extension for either marriage or retirement may be obtained for a couple of copies of your passport and ฿15,000.00 to ฿25,000.00. Yet they nitpick about minor discrepancies (or what they perceive to be minor discrepancies) when law abiding Farangs are trying to comply with their archaic rules.

I don't believe that there are any Immigration Officers, from the lowly to the hierarchy, who are not aware that a 12 month extension for either marriage or retirement may be obtained for a couple of copies of your passport and ฿15,000.00 to ฿25,000.00. Yet they nitpick about minor discrepancies (or what they perceive to be minor discrepancies) when law abiding Farangs are trying to comply with their archaic rules.
Its almost like they are annoyed, that you are law abiding.

It's now about 27,000b for a retirement visa and your passport is taken, then returned to you about 3 or 4 weeks later. Mate did it 2 weeks ago. Things are harder now than they were before covid.

Back