Immigration Office Moving

The Immigration Office moving to Surin by May/June would be ideal for me. My current extension expires 06:06:20 as does my current passport (expired already). One more on-line report before I need to apply for another extension.

how easy/quick to get a new passport?

A few years ago immigration had an office in Surin Govt. building where you could do your 90 day among other things
It did not last for long; I don't know why.

A few years ago immigration had an office in Surin Govt. building where you could do your 90 day among other things
It did not last for long; I don't know why.
Not enough customers (tea money), I was told. I once did a visa renewal there when I was a local/married.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do it in about week,
I pop i at the emb. - fill in the form - photo-finger print - signature-
next week the PP is there

Just like the Brits, the application has to be made in person at either the Embassy in your case or the British Embassy's passport handling agency. Fine if you live in or near Bangkok, as a 2nd trip is required to collect. Otherwise 2 trips to bangkok, normally requiring an overnight stay.

For those requiring new British passports CO-CO and I have Passport Office authority to submit applications and collect the new passports without the need for the passport holder to travel to Bangkok. Excellent for those that do not wish to have a night or 2 on the Bangkok tiles.;);)

Last edited:
Saw Colins & Woody by the BB n KC. Did not have a chance to stop and talk. He may some some more news on the subject.

An Officer at Immigration told us they will open an office in Surin in about 2 months.
We were on our way out when I remembered to ask, sorry I should have asked where.

I like your version better. They are not moving as was originally indicated but opening an office in Surin. Probably the old Speed.:rolleyes::D If they can get enough back handers they may stay.:eek::eek::D:D
Thank You Mr. C

I like your version better. They are not moving as was originally indicated but opening an office in Surin. Probably the old Speed.:rolleyes::D If they can get enough back handers they may stay.:eek::eek::D:D
Thank You Mr. C
So it’s version 2 Surin Office. I won’t hold my breath as last time there was many more Expats/teachers in Surin and it didn’t last.
Here’s to hoping !!!!!

So it’s version 2 Surin Office. I won’t hold my breath as last time there was many more Expats/teachers in Surin and it didn’t last.

As far as I remember, the "office" was open for one (or two) days every second month alternating with Buriram. I only ever went to the Buriram "office" but I remember it was packed!

As far as I remember, the "office" was open for one (or two) days every second month alternating with Buriram. I only ever went to the Buriram "office" but I remember it was packed!
Maybe that’s why there are now 2 offices in ‘Bums-ville! 555

Maybe that’s why there are now 2 offices in ‘Bums-ville! 555

Main Buriram office could not help me last month for a re-entry permit, as the boss at the downtown i-mobile shop had the stamps. He then realised whilst he had the stamps, he did not have the book to record the re-entry and had to send someone to get it. Great organisation!!!!!!!!

Main Buriram office could not help me last month for a re-entry permit, as the boss at the downtown i-mobile shop had the stamps. He then realised whilst he had the stamps, he did not have the book to record the re-entry and had to send someone to get it. Great organisation!!!!!!!!
Pay peanuts ..........

No one has mentioned that all this coincides with the opening of the new Surin government house, out on the ring road. This is the most likely spot where the office will be.
They will have to fill up all that space some how. I wonder what they are going to do with that whole precinct in the centre of town after they all move in.

No one has mentioned that all this coincides with the opening of the new Surin government house, out on the ring road. This is the most likely spot where the office will be.
They will have to fill up all that space somehow. I wonder what they are going to do with that whole precinct in the centre of town after they all move in.
Good thinking Batman!

They will have to fill up all that space some how. I wonder what they are going to do with that whole precinct in the centre of town after they all move in.

Speed is a far more superior location. The IO's can keep an eye out on the farangs in the locals bars.:rolleyes::D

Back