INTEREST ON THAI SAVINGS BANK DEPOSITS

Prakhonchai Nick

You chose a custom title
My wife and I both received our half yearly interest from our Kasikorn savings accounts this week.

Mine had 15% witholding tax deducted. My wife's did not.. My tax deduction is allegedly because I am a foreigner!!!!!!!!!

Racism or just TIT?

My wife and I both received our half yearly interest from our Kasikorn savings accounts this week.

Mine had 15% witholding tax deducted. My wife's did not.. My tax deduction is allegedly because I am a foreigner!!!!!!!!!

Racism or just TIT?

I've tried to claim the tax back. We were told that it will probably cost more than it's worth. 15% of bugger all is really bugger all anyway.

I've tried to claim the tax back. We were told that it will probably cost more than it's worth. 15% of bugger all is really bugger all anyway.
Exactly. I have raised it with Kasikorn HO, specifically since my friend GOOGLE says it only applies to non-resident foreigners. Only a few baht, but it is the principle! The Mrs just bought me an ice-cream to appease me:)

think that is why real estate market has gone crazy here - :) and the interest paid on mortage - flex loan - is minus 0,28% at the moment

lol ... nooo - you have to pay adm fees - so they dont lose out... but it goes faster repaying it :) . We also have house loan where you can freeze the actual payment for ten years - you only have to pay adm. fee and the interest - so you can have an expensive house for a cheap mothly payment. However this means when the 10 year periode runs out- some people can get a chock... for me it meant that after the 10 year periode my payment rose 4x what i paid before....

Back