Internet Banking - How difficult is it?

nomad97

Resident Geek
@Wanderer is not alone in his long periods by the telephone waiting to be connected to a human at the other end. Yesterday, I suffered the indignity of 3 x 30 minutes periods waiting for the A.I. interface to connect me to a human being. That's 90 minutes or more at 3 baht/minute listening to my smartphone say, "All our operatives are very busy at the moment, please hold" or words to that effect. The message was repeated at regular intervals pending a connection. Why was it imperative that I spoke to a human when the A.I. could not fix the problem?

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to change my memorable information on my logon to the mobile and PC app. All was going well until the bank tried to send me the verification code. I received the message, "Unable to send verification code to your phone number. Please ring the following number and quote the following reference number". The first waiting period of 30 minutes then began. I finally got to talk to the operative. In our discussions the problem then emerged, when I had created the account I had, incorrectly, inserted an additional '0' at the beginning of my telephone number. That was why the automated app was unable to send me the verification code. Not to worry, the young lady taking my call could see the extra '0' and promised to correct the problem. "Please wait an hour or so for the changes to take effect and then try again," she said.

I waited 2 hours and tried again, only to receive the same message, "Unable to send verification code to your phone number. Please ring the following number and quote the following reference number". So, back on the telephone and the beginning of another long wait in excess of 30 minutes to get to the human operator. I went through the rigmarole, once again, name, number, rank, and 2nd and 4th letters from your password, before explaining the problem. This time, the young man seemed to understand the problem and said action would be taken to correct the phone number. I was told to wait for a couple of hours for the change to take effect. I did, then I tried again, the same message was duly repeated, unable to call your phone number.

I waited another couple of hours and tried again. This time a new message appeared, "Unable to contact you by phone - there is no phone number for your account". Over an hour on hold, 2 operatives, both assured me the problem would be corrected, and now no phone number at all. WTF! I think the A.I. could do a better job than their human equivalents. I had started this contact with the bank at 14.00 hours, the UK opening time for the bank, and by now it was rapidly approaching 19.00 hours. Ok, let's give it one last try. Another 30 minutes on the holding cycle before speaking to a very well-informed young man who took me places on my PC I had never been before. While punching through the app he asked me to press "Ctrl, Shift, and Delete" while in the Chrome Browser. This brought up the option to delete all cookies which I did. I was then advised to wait for 10 minutes or so and then try again. I did. I was rewarded with a curt message "There is no phone number for your account". A double WTF!

At 07.00 this morning, after giving them nearly 12 hours to update my account, I tried again only to find I am still locked out. Without the all-important phone number to which they can send a verification code, there is nothing I can do to log into my account. One must ask the question, "How difficult is it to correct some basic information in your account? Three operatives down, over 2 hours on the phone, 3 promises of action, and still nothing. Only 6 hours till 14.00 before battle recommences. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
My wifes internet banking password with kasikorn suddenly would not work on the PC, but was logged into my smartphone, but only showed ****** so I did not know what it was. need a new password. Took the wife to K bank PKC..all understood..new password would be texted in 3/4 days. Received a text in 6 hours saying all was being prepared..then nothing. Sent an email..no reply.

Then decided a further visit to the bank needed. Spoke with the boss who instructed one of his girls to sort it. She made many phone calls to HO and eventually advised all sorted..new password in 3/4 days. In 5 minutes an acknowledgement by text from HO, and lo and behold 2 hours later the new password arrived by email.

Good luck Nomad.

People no longer know how to communicate. Or think.
I left school at the age of 14 and went to work in a grocery store.

When a customer bought their groceries.
Every item was written down in a account book.
We had to add the price of the item up in our heads.
When I go into a supermarket these days it is all done on the computer.
For generations now ;people have become so dependent on computers many have lost the ability to think.
If the power goes off these days everything stops and people stop. Cars etc need chips.
Very few people know how to boil the billy now.
I was gob smacked recently when I watched a video on the latest jet fighters and bombers.
The pilots don't fly the aircraft. Computers with chips do most of it.
I say again..
People can no longer think.
Computers do it all.
Sorry I was so long winded.
Nomad you just found out with your banking. People cannot think.
Very sad.

People no longer know how to communicate. Or think.
I left school at the age of 14 and went to work in a grocery store.

When a customer bought their groceries.
Every item was written down in a account book.
We had to add the price of the item up in our heads.
When I go into a supermarket these days it is all done on the computer.
For generations now ;people have become so dependent on computers many have lost the ability to think.
If the power goes off these days everything stops and people stop. Cars etc need chips.
Very few people know how to boil the billy now.
I was gob smacked recently when I watched a video on the latest jet fighters and bombers.
The pilots don't fly the aircraft. Computers with chips do most of it.
I say again..
People can no longer think.
Computers do it all.
Sorry I was so long winded.
Nomad you just found out with your banking. People cannot think.
Very sad.
Yes, it all comes down to A.I., and an ever-encroaching menace. If the A.I. can't sort it, humans can't for sure.

It's going to hit my mob in the face when we go back in February. The speed in which you can do things here in Australia and most likely all Western countries is mind blowing.
Just carry your phone for all transactions and zap a sensor as you pass through.
Internet banking's a breeze.
Welcome to Thailand, turn your watch back 4 hours and mind back 40 years!
But still love the place warts and all.
Not the stupidity though.

Another 6 hours of pain and torment yesterday afternoon and evening. The equivalent of another bottle of Scotch poured down the drain in long-distance phone calls. The problem started when I had tried to log on to my account using my PC a couple of weeks ago, only to discover they had introduced a call-back verification process that was not there previously. I don't know when this feature was introduced as I had been using my smartphone to access my account for the past year or longer. Unfortunately, they were unable to call me back so I was unable to verify my account and I was locked out. It became apparent quite quickly what the problem was, an incorrect and an extra zero prefacing my phone number. Clearly, I had provided the wrong number many years previously when I first set up the account. The shenanigans started when the operatives at the end of the phone tried, unsuccessfully, to correct this mistake. I must say, I found the operatives were friendly, patient, and very willing to try and sort things out. I don't think they lacked the expertise to resolve the problem and I am convinced there were some gremlins in the works, both at their end and here too within my PC. Within my control, I was having a problem with the Windows 11 Phone App and its interface/connection with my Galaxy smartphone. The app makes it possible to use your PC as a phone and, in theory, I can dial and receive calls on my PC. Yes, I can dial and receive calls on my PC but I do not seem to have made the right connections to communicate with my headset too. I have to use a smartphone for that. Clearly, more work is required to resolve fully that particular problem. Anyway, the main problem is solved and I am back up and running with my Internet banking account.

P.S. @Yorky's video above, just about sums up the level of frustration felt when dealing with the A.I. interface at the bank. Fortunately, I never got the opportunity to answer the customer survey, offered on numerous occasions, as they were unable to call my number. A touch of karma maybe? :)

Watched a video presentation yesterday about what Stephen Hawkins (the wheelchaired clever bloke who now is dead) predicts for the future of this planet & the human civilisation.
Not happy watching!!! He predicts AI will conquer humans and decimate us all on Earth!!!

No problems there, now activated. At least Google shows you your phone number and, should it be incorrect, you will have the opportunity to change it.

Back