Isaan - A Kalasin Exorcism - Pee & Phop

D

Dave The Dude

Isaan - A Kalasin Exorcism - Pee & Phop

« on: February 05, 2010, 05:15:12 AM »

Massed villagers recover 'haunted' women
By Jakkapong Rawiwan

Kalsin - The fear of phop ghosts brought residents of two villages in Kalasin's Yan Talat district together in a ritual on Wednesday night to exorcise evil spirits from two women and capture 100 phop ghosts in 100 sections of bamboo.

The women, Daeng Somwai, 36, from Ban Kud Or and Kancahan Wangchalee, 31, from Ban Khok Si, displayed symptoms of phop-ghost haunting: trembling bodies, speaking in tongues and suddenly switching from laughing to crying and screaming. Relatives took them to Wat Donyanang, where the abbot is well known for his exorcisms.

At the temple, surrounded by holy thread, about 300 residents of the two villages attended the ritual. Earlier, a spirit medium had gone into a trance and declared 100 evil spirits were bent on harming local residents. They were advised to bring their relatives to join the ritual and remain within the protection of the holy thread.

The exorcism then proceeded, with monks praying and the haunted women being sprinkled with holy water until the 100 evil spirits were summoned and captured in 100 sections of bamboo. The two women then returned to normal.

Abbot Phra Khru Prasutthamasunthorn said this period had seen evil spirits roaming free to harm people, especially those collecting things from the forest at night, because black-magic items had been released.

People in the Northeast believe phop ghosts come from practitioners of black magic, who use it to harm others. They are then punished by the spirits of their teachers and become phop ghosts for breaching prohibitions against "improper use" of black magic.

Jitavej Khon Kaen Hospital director Thavee Tangseri said the two women were suffering from hysteria resulting from severe fear or anxiety. Their condition is not restricted to the mentally ill but happens often to those who believe in the supernatural.

He said 95 per cent of people allegedly possessed by phop ghosts were women and that the haunting occurred after an incident that served as a trigger, such as someone mysteriously dying in their sleep. This leads weak-minded people to believe in harm from ghosts, and they develop the symptoms of ghost haunting.

The local solution by exorcism is not a bad thing, because it tackles the mental aspects, he said. However, if treated by modern medicine, hysterical patients will be accompanied by strong-minded persons whom the patients trust, so they will eventually calm down, usually within a few days.

The Nation

A few Zanex ( alprazolam ) will sort them out ,the poor loves :D

That happened to me once, trembling body, speaking in tongue and suddenly switching from laughing to screaming, but then I sobered up. all was better. :NoNo3:

I attended an exorcism ritual in Chiangmai some years ago. First we met the exorcist as he was having breakfast (off Bencharong plates, so he wasn't doing too badly). A short while later, the exorcist staggered into the meeting room, vomited up his breakfast (!), and then, when he reached the 'stage', ripped off his shirt and replaced it with an imitation leopard skin. Then he started ranting in loud, angry-sounding, unintelligible sounds, which were said to be the God Shiva speaking. After a while, his voice changed, and he called the patients up to speak to them. In this persona he spoke Thai, but very childish Thai, full of errors (I had a couple of Thai speakers with me). He offered one patient healing from his cancer, but said that if the patient accepted, he would still have to work out his karma in a future life. The patient refused.

Nothing very dramatic happened, but it was a weird experience. I was quite glad to get out into the fresh air again!

I attended an exorcism ritual in Chiangmai some years ago. First we met the exorcist as he was having breakfast (off Bencharong plates, so he wasn't doing too badly). A short while later, the exorcist staggered into the meeting room, vomited up his breakfast (!), and then, when he reached the 'stage', ripped off his shirt and replaced it with an imitation leopard skin. Then he started ranting in loud, angry-sounding, unintelligible sounds, which were said to be the God Shiva speaking. After a while, his voice changed, and he called the patients up to speak to them. In this persona he spoke Thai, but very childish Thai, full of errors (I had a couple of Thai speakers with me). He offered one patient healing from his cancer, but said that if the patient accepted, he would still have to work out his karma in a future life. The patient refused.

Nothing very dramatic happened, but it was a weird experience. I was quite glad to get out into the fresh air again!

Sounds like a normal day at an American Evangelist Church to me..:Grin_Jump1:

Must be the ones in the UK, never seen it in America......:Censored1:

Someone getting a good lifestyle by coning the poor and mis-informed ,shouting and screaming religious incantations ,saying they can heal the sick............sounds very Evangelical to me ...:D

A few years ago when I was in the village, everybody was sleeping, we heard a young girl screaming . Everybody was shocked and went to the house next door.
On the floor lay a young girl, shaking and trembling and everybody wer yelling to each other that she was possessed by a spirit. The white witch have to come, she know how to handle this. You can recognize her easy, she come with nothing and go home with 2 bottles coke, 1 fanta, 2 botlles lao kao (she prefer large bottles) 2 kg porc and 12 eggs. When porc is not available she take pleasure with some of your best chickens. She spit water over her, went with an egg over her head, muttered strange sounds but nothing could help. This This went on and on. More than one hour they tried many rituals. The more the white witch tried the more the young girl screamed. I could not see it anymore and went outside for a cigarette and to lock our own chickens because I knew how this going to end. When I was busy counting our chickens, they came to get me. The white witch thought the young girl murmured English and ask me to translate. You have to know I never learned any English and I speak (write) it verry bad. With the ladyboss I allways speak thai, even here in Belgium. I thought to improve my thai but unfortunately only my wife understand. When I speak thai to the inlaws they always say "yes". Thats for me the sign that they do not understand it and never will understand. So far so good, I went in the house, I saw the proud eyes of my mother in law, they needed her falang to help solve the problem. I had never been so sweaty in my life because I knew I had only one change to help this young girl. I knelt beside her and listened very attentively. The only thing I heard was " oooo....iiiii........aaaaa" I thought to myself wtf i have to do. So I asked silence because I could nothing understand in this noice and I was sure she speak Englisch. The young girl started again "oooo.....iiiii.....aaa". I told everyone that I understood it verry well. "She want go to the hospital" was I saying in Englisch. Everybody looked at me but had no idea what I was talking about. So I try it in my best thai. I knew that one day all my efforts to learn thai will "bear fruit". So I try it again but this time in my best thai that the girl asked to go to the hospital. I looked at the white witch and she say yes. I know from talking whit the inlaws that this is the sign that they not understand me and never will understand. So, before anybody knows what happens, I grabbed the young girl, lay here in the back of the car, aks her mother and grandfather to go with me. Before I saw it well the whole car was full and off we go. I opened my window and shouted to the ladyboss to guard the chickens. I heard her say: " why darling chicken sleep, no worry...."

Sounds like an epileptic fit ,very scary if you have never seen one before.I'm sure the white witch saved her from the evil spirits though:GrinNod1::D

My sister inlaw is as thick as pig sh1t and is getting loopier by the day, She's always mumbling to herself and Im pretty sure within 5 years i will have to build a dungeon to lock her up in a straight jacket.

Anyway, Last year my misses asked me to drive them to the temple to see the ''Magic monk'' who after investigation determined she had touched one of those shrine trees in Pattaya and has been cursed by it, She would need to go to the temple for a few weeks to get it drummed out of her bla bla bla....

Needless to say 3 years later she's worse. Sometimes i find this country fascinating and then other times I roll my eyes in amazement.

In the UK they call it care in the community ......see they have it here too!!!!!!:D

There's a lot of mumbo-jumbo and it's easy to scoff... but there are plenty of things in Thailand and other parts of Asia which are difficult to explain. A lot can be faked, but not all. Ever seen the Thaipusam procession, or Chinese mediums hacking into their bellies with axes (yes, and there was blood)? Or even just ordinary people going into a trance (no, not alcohol-fuelled)?

Someone getting a good lifestyle by coning the poor and mis-informed ,shouting and screaming religious incantations ,saying they can heal the sick............sounds very Evangelical to me ...:D
It was Benny Hinn

Back