It's all good

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
It's all good - with pics of our foods

We have it all once again. Mickey's Boston Meatloaf, Maria's Spaghetti and Meatballs, The Philly Cheesesteaks and Steak Bomb, Mac & Cheese, Starbeam's Awesome Cole Slaw, Burgers! Burgers! Burgers!, Nachos Supreme, 4 style of Mexican Quesdillas, Pizza! Pizza!, Starbeam's Chicken Dinner, Cheesy Fries, Chili Fries, Fon's Delicious Masaman Curry, Penang Curry with chicken, pork or beef, Meatball sub sandwich with sauce and cheese, Tuna salad sub sandwich, Thai style chicken, pork steak dinners, and much much more. Plus an extensive menu of wonderful Thai foods so many enjoy. All made right here at the New Starbeam Restaurant.

You asked for it. We have it.

Come and get it!

Mike

Starbeam Restaurant
32/6 Soi Saboran 2
Surin Thailand

Link to map below:
http://bit.ly/1rPvwx5

SBchickenbakedpotato.jpg
Starbeam's white meat chicken breast with baked potato, salad, dressings, sour cream and veggies.
SBchicksteakfries&mushgravy.jpg
Chicken steak with mushroom gravy, fries and salad.
SBmasamanroti.jpg
Masaman curry with rice and roti.
SBseafoodyellowcurry.jpg
Yellow seafood curry.
SBsmpizzapepgreenonionsgarlic.jpg
Small pizza with 3 toppings.
SBporksteakcoleslawmashedgravy.jpg
Pork steak with tomato base gravy, mashed potatoes and Cole Slaw.
SBnachossupreme.jpg
Nachos Supreme with salsa and sour cream.
SBporksteakgravymashed.jpg
Pork steak with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes with butter, and salad with a choice of dressings.
SBspagmeatballs.jpg
Spaghetti and meatballs with our homemade Italian spag sauce, real garlic toast, and salad with a choice of dressings.

Last edited:
Some pics from today

I am starting to take pics of our food coming out of the kitchen again. Here's a few from today.

Starbeam Restaurant
32/6 Soi Saboran 2
Surin Thailand

Link to map below:

SBfish&chipsfriesonionrings.jpg
Starbeam's Fish & Chips
SBfish&chipsfriesonionrings-2.jpg
With crinkle cut fries and home made onion rings
SBfish&chipsfriesonionrings-2.jpg
Comes with garlic toast, salad, tartar sauce and choice of salad dressings
SBgardensalad.jpg
Garden salad
SBgardensalad-2.jpg
You have a few choices for salad dressing for your salad
SBnachoscheesejalapenos-2.jpg
Starbeam's Nachos
SBnachoscheesejalapenosolives.jpg
Nachos Grande (not Supreme)
SBNachosechees and jalapeno.jpg

Comes with salsa (mild, medium or hot) and sour cream

Come and get some.

It's all good.

Last edited:
Bangers & Mashed

Available at Starbeam Restaurant all day and night. Bangers & Mashed with Brooks baked beans, sauteed onions in butter, and a pot of gravy. HP sauce available.

Come on in and give us a try. It's all good.

Mike, Waen & Fon

Starbeam Restaurant
32/6 Soi Sraboran 2
Surin Thailand

Link to map below:

SBbangers&mashed-1.jpg

SBbangers&mashed.jpg

SBbangers&mashed-2.jpg

Starbeam's BLT Submarine Sandwich

I love these BLT sandwiches myself. Starbeam's has a good one. Crispy bacon, fresh lettuce, and sliced tomato on a lightly toasted French roll, with whatever condiments you'd like on it - HP sauce, BBQ sauce, mayo, ketchup, etc. Comes with potato chips/crisps.

Come by and give one a try.

It's all good.

Mike, Waen & Fon

Starbeam Restaurant
32/6 Soi Sraboran 2
Surin Thailand

Link to map below:

SBBLTSUB-1.jpg

SBBLTSUB-2.jpg

Starbeam's Thai Green Curry

Starbeam's Green Thai Curry with white rice and roti bread. Come on in and try one. It's all good.

Mike, Waen & Fon

Starbeam Restaurant
32/6 Soi Sraboran 2
Surin Thailand

Link to map to Starbeam's below:

DSCN0710.JPG

DSCN0711.JPG

DSCN0712.JPG

DSCN0716.JPG

The Chicken and Cheese Mexican Quesadilla

Starbeam's Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla. One of our popular Mexican dishes that our customers come back for again and again. Comes with Mexican salsa (mild, medium, or hot) and sour cream. Come around and try one for yourself. It's all good.

Mike, Waen & Fon

Starbeam Restaurant
32/6 Soi Sraboran 2
Surin Thailand

Click on the pics to enlarge them.

SBchckandcheesequesa.jpg

Waffles at Starbeam's

Yes! We have waffles at Starbeam's. Bring the kids and/or try one yourself. Your waffle comes with bacon and butter with Log Cabin Maple Syrup. Great for a Sunday morning breakfast treat for all, or any time day or night. Come around and give one a try.

SBdoublewafflebacon.jpg
Double waffle plate shown above.

waffles.jpg
pencil.png

The Chicken Quesadillas are selling very well. We had to double our order for the flour tortillas we are selling so many. The Thais just can't get enough of them it seems. We've added beef quesadillas, shrimp quesadillas and pork quesadillas as well. Amazing to see all the Thais ordering so much Western foods along with their Thai dishes. They order the farang stuff and share it around so all can try it. Good to see the more adventurous Thais coming around and trying foods they have never had before.

Mike

Starbeam's Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla. One of our popular Mexican dishes that our customers come back for again and again. Comes with Mexican salsa (mild, medium, or hot) and sour cream. Come around and try one for yourself. It's all good.

Mike, Waen & Fon

Starbeam Restaurant
32/6 Soi Sraboran 2
Surin Thailand

Click on the pics to enlarge them.

View attachment 9429

The Chicken Quesadillas are selling very well. We had to double our order for the flour tortillas we are selling so many. The Thais just can't get enough of them it seems. We've added beef quesadillas, shrimp quesadillas and pork quesadillas as well. Amazing to see all the Thais ordering so much Western foods along with their Thai dishes. They order the farang stuff and share it around so all can try it. Good to see the more adventurous Thais coming around and trying foods they have never had before.

Mike

It's really fun to see. At the moment we have the second lunch crowd in (usually starts around 12noon - 1430), 11 people, all Thai. The earlier lunch crowd was 12, with a couple westerners and the rest Thai (11 to 1230).

Steady most days. Usually dies down from around 3 to 5-530 and then the dinner patrons start showing up.

Mike

The large group of guests with me were very complementary about the food and service at Starbeams last Saturday evening, Mike.

Ivor,

I am happy to hear they enjoyed themselves and the foods. It's always nice to hear the customers were happy and satisfied. Thanks for letting me know. It was nice to see you all at the Big Bike show and concert later that evening too.

Mike

The Chilli Mac I had last night at Starbeam's was very good!

Glad you enjoyed that, Joe. Last time I had it I couldn't finish it all either. :) Damned filling and tasty.

For those who don't know this dish, it is macaroni pasta, topped with Chili con Carne with some grated Cheddar cheese, which is then topped with minced onion. It goes well with some Tabasco sauce and additional grated Parmesan cheese too, at least to my taste it does. :)

Mike

Our Beef, Onions, Green Pepper with garlic and scallions in black pepper soy sauce. With rice. Come and give it a try. We are sure the beef lovers will enjoy this dish.

DSCN0916.JPG

DSCN0918.JPG

DSCN0919.JPG

Good to see you earlier today, Mike and, of course, Waen and Fon, whilst enjoying a convivial lunch with friends at Starbeam Lek.

I had the pork chili con carne (spicy!) and my companions shared a chicken and cheese quesadilla and the prawn dish from your new items menu.

All was delicious. Washed down with a bit of Leo, what better way could there be to spend a Friday lunchtime!

Good to see you earlier today, Mike and, of course, Waen and Fon, whilst enjoying a convivial lunch with friends at Starbeam Lek.

I had the pork chili con carne (spicy!) and my companions shared a chicken and cheese quesadilla and the prawn dish from your new items menu.

All was delicious. Washed down with a bit of Leo, what better way could there be to spend a Friday lunchtime!

Thanks, John. Was nice to see you guys as well. Glad you enjoyed your meals. Always a pleasure. Cheers.

Mike

At Starbeam - it's all good (short dining experience)

Strangely all that talk about hamburgers initiated by Humbert had me thinking Jimmy Buffet's 'Cheeseburgers in Paradise' , so I had my mind all made up. Easy peasy.

I made the BIG mistake of looking at the pictures in the back of the extensive menu. Then I remembered all the talk about quesadilas. Damn, I can handle a cheeseburger, fries and quesadillas, right ?...okay.

One reason for going to Starbeam with a Thai is Thais usually like Starbeam's Thai food so it makes it a rather simple choice. I didn't realize that a large pizza with three toppings was added to the Thai dish orders. After the fact I thought that maybe they thought that I wanted pizza. The reality of it is - they want pizza ! T.I.C.

Anyhow the ch-burg with fries (chips to Brits) comes out of the kitchen with a Thai dish. I dig in.
Then comes the quesadillas and I start in and provide a slice to the Thais with some sour cream and salsa on top. After my second slice I'm starting to fill out.

Then to my surprise the pizza comes out while my face is stuffed. The Thai reaches for the tomato ketchup. I immediately respond with slap to the side of the head while disarming them of that dreaded ketchup from their hand.

Realizing that I may have breached dining etiquette at this point without apologizing I quickly but instinctively explain one is NEVER to pour 'cats soup' on a whole pizza while others are seated at the table.
I concisely explain that the proper thing for one to do is to take a slice or two onto one's own plate and do whatever one wishes to do or add whatever condiments one wishes to one's own slices - but never rule for what's going on the pie for others also dining at the table.

I verbally request confirmation of this brief dining lesson as stated.
I'm provided with that queried wide-eyed ('deer in headlights') look of someone possibly not fully comprehending. (sigh). Crazy1
Another sharp slap to the head and all are nodding their heads in full agreement.
That's how they teach 'em in school so I guess it really works for life.
(Mind you I would never hit a dog unless one attacked me.)

As for the visual lesson I simply take a slice by hand while adding some dry red pepper flakes and inhale it into my mouth in six bites to provide an example of how tasty it is without tomato ketchup/ catsup / cats soup.
All of a sudden I'm happy that the A/C is on.

End result - yours truly leaves Starbeam completely stuffed. The Thais are readily fixed for the night (one with some ice on the side of their head) and readily smiling and saying goodnight to Waen.

Yeah , it's all good. So where was Cent ? shrug1
Probably sleeping. Busted1
As I walk out on the soi I notice two policemen waiting for me to exit from the restaurant. I inquire as to what the problem is. One points to the bag of ice on the side of a Thai diner's head.

"Oh that ? Mai pen rai..." and then I politely start explaining the proper dining etiquette of condiments and pizza..."It's all good."

Strangely all that talk about hamburgers initiated by Humbert had me thinking Jimmy Buffet's 'Cheeseburgers in Paradise' , so I had my mind all made up. Easy peasy.

I made the BIG mistake of looking at the pictures in the back of the extensive menu. Then I remembered all the talk about quesadilas. Damn, I can handle a cheeseburger, fries and quesadillas, right ?...okay.

One reason for going to Starbeam with a Thai is Thais usually like Starbeam's Thai food so it makes it a rather simple choice. I didn't realize that a large pizza with three toppings was added to the Thai dish orders. After the fact I thought that maybe they thought that I wanted pizza. The reality of it is - they want pizza ! T.I.C.

Anyhow the ch-burg with fries (chips to Brits) comes out of the kitchen with a Thai dish. I dig in.
Then comes the quesadillas and I start in and provide a slice to the Thais with some sour cream and salsa on top. After my second slice I'm starting to fill out.

Then to my surprise the pizza comes out while my face is stuffed. The Thai reaches for the tomato ketchup. I immediately respond with slap to the side of the head while disarming them of that dreaded ketchup from their hand.

Realizing that I may have breached dining etiquette at this point without apologizing I quickly but instinctively explain one is NEVER to pour 'cats soup' on a whole pizza while others are seated at the table.
I concisely explain that the proper thing for one to do is to take a slice or two onto one's own plate and do whatever one wishes to do or add whatever condiments one wishes to one's own slices - but never rule for what's going on the pie for others also dining at the table.

I verbally request confirmation of this brief dining lesson as stated.
I'm provided with that queried wide-eyed ('deer in headlights') look of someone possibly not fully comprehending. (sigh). Crazy1
Another sharp slap to the head and all are nodding their heads in full agreement.
That's how they teach 'em in school so I guess it really works for life.
(Mind you I would never hit a dog unless one attacked me.)

As for the visual lesson I simply take a slice by hand while adding some dry red pepper flakes and inhale it into my mouth in six bites to provide an example of how tasty it is without tomato ketchup/ catsup / cats soup.
All of a sudden I'm happy that the A/C is on.

End result - yours truly leaves Starbeam completely stuffed. The Thais are readily fixed for the night (one with some ice on the side of their head) and readily smiling and saying goodnight to Waen.

Yeah , it's all good. So where was Cent ? shrug1
Probably sleeping. Busted1
As I walk out on the soi I notice two policemen waiting for me to exit from the restaurant. I inquire as to what the problem is. One points to the bag of ice on the side of a Thai diner's head.

"Oh that ? Mai pen rai..." and then I politely start explaining the proper dining etiquette of condiments and pizza..."It's all good."

If this was recently I was away for 5 days at Jomtien Beach meeting friends last week/weekend. If not, when I am not downstairs a phone call or a word with my wife to tell me you are downstairs will usually get me down to meet and greet and chat if I am at home. I do as well get out and about occasionally during opening hours you know. :) Happy to hear everyone was full and happy with their food.

Mike

Back