Junkie's Burger

Speaking today with Steve, there are apparently 4 or more new burger joints in Surin and each one is at a location previously pointed out. There may be more.

@westofhere is of the opinion that the one between Makro and Thai Watsadu is the best (the one pointed out by @robjak).

One has to wonder how many Pizza Huts there are?
Prahaps they are this years ‘coffee shops’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You recd info on the night spot and robjak and yorky via WofH confirm the daytime location..."just past Makro".

There is another spot for burgers and fries located near the khlong.
I think it's named Starbeam. :D

What I am asking is does the daytime operation of Junkie's past Makro close down and then move their operation to the night time Tatt shop? Or are both in operation in the evenings?

And yes, we do burgers at Starbeam's, sell a lot of them and have over the many years we have been open, a lot of options as well (Mexican burger, chili burger, Swiss burger etc), and double burgers. But nothing like the monster burgers Junkie's is doing. Hell, I don't know how you can eat one of Junkie's without a fork and knife they are so huge. I don't think I could finish one of those big bad boys. LOL Will have to try one of his single cheeseburgers some day. I think he does onion rings as well as fries. Would like to try the rings. I am a sucker for a decent onion ring.

What I am asking is does the daytime operation of Junkie's past Makro close down and then move their operation to the night time Tatt shop? Or are both in operation in the evenings?

And yes, we do burgers at Starbeam's, sell a lot of them and have over the many years we have been open, a lot of options as well (Mexican burger, chili burger, Swiss burger etc), and double burgers. But nothing like the monster burgers Junkie's is doing. Hell, I don't know how you can eat one of Junkie's without a fork and knife they are so huge. I don't think I could finish one of those big bad boys. LOL Will have to try one of his single cheeseburgers some day. I think he does onion rings as well as fries. Would like to try the rings. I am a sucker for a decent onion ring.

I haven't knowledge of moving their operation.

I do believe the business plan is to have one location operational daytime only possibly 11- 15:00 on a busy thoroughfare while another is only operational nightime in the entertainment district.

Makes good business sense imho...thinking low overhead.

I haven't knowledge of moving their operation.

I do believe the business plan is to have one location operational daytime only possibly 11- 15:00 on a busy thoroughfare while another is only operational nightime in the entertainment district.

Makes good business sense imho...thinking low overhead.

"Makes good business sense imho...thinking low overhead."

How's that? 2 places will give you lower overhead expenses? If I knew that I would have had a second Starbeam's ages ago. LOL

Seems more like they go to where the custom is at night, as not so busy later in the day at the other location. She, Joy Napachaya, the owner of Tatt's, seems cool and may like having Junkie's food available for her customers at night? She also owns 'The Ivory God' Tattoo parlor. (Unless Tatts and Ivory God Tattoo are basically one and the same?) Have no idea how they operate this. Own/rent both places? Also there's a barber shop. Thais can be quite inventive in business having friends and/or family in joint ventures helping each other.

https://www.facebook.com/tattooxbarbersurinthailand/

https://www.facebook.com/Tatt-Studi...eline_context_item_source=1749543799&fref=tag

https://www.facebook.com/napachaya

Last edited:
"Makes good business sense imho...thinking low overhead."

How's that? 2 places will give you lower overhead expenses? If I knew that I would have had a second Starbeam's ages ago. LOL

Curbside locations or shared space...little rent.
Not a difficult business model to finance.

Last edited:
The BEST burger I have had in Thailand was at the Farang Connection and the BUN was a proper BUN Not the cheep Charle shit they use nowadays.:D:D:D:D:D

Curbside locations or shared space...little rent.
Not a difficult business model to finance.

Unless you own the building and 'curbside' most places will charge some rent for use of the space. Possible if you rent a building you can let someone use your already rented building and/or its curb space, or charge them some for the use of it. Or share with them if family and friends. As said, Thais can be inventive in their business models and helping each other to profit from their businesses mutually when they can. But maybe you should try it for yourself and see how easy it is to finance your 'business model'.

As said, Thais can be inventive in their business models and helping each other to profit from their businesses mutually when they can. But maybe you should try it for yourself and see how easy it is to finance your 'business model'.

I'd say once you check out the Junkies night space you'll realize how much 'little rent' actually is...if any with no serious overhead besides food, propane and a grill.
Check it out - imo even B100/ nightly rent would seem high for 6 hours of uncovered space and electric.

Perfect fit for a tattoo parlor particularly with farangs waiting or outside a bar recovering before heading home.

As for 'Surin Dinosaur' me I wouldn't be caught dead on site at a 18-24 every night on Entertainment Soi Surin.

My darling makes custom dresses without any overhead under my roof.
Her only expenses were the sewing machines. She doesn't need to work but it keeps her busy and she enjoys it.

"As for 'Surin Dinosaur' me I wouldn't be caught dead on site at a 18-24 every night on Entertainment Soi Surin."

18 - 24? You mean 6 to 12 p.m.?

I like Hippie House myself. Go a couple times a week. Usually around 8 or so. Good food, music, beers and booze, his coffee is excellent. I left a bottle of Bailey's there to top up my coffee when I want. His staff is very cute and pleasant. As are some of the female persuasion that hang around there. And he's a good dude and I want to help with some custom so as to keep him in business hopefully now the Covid is supposedly over. I wish more local farang would do the same and stop in for a bite to eat (seriously, the kid cooking the food there is very good, as is the food and menu items) and a drink or two. WiFi and good music on the stereo or when live music is available. I like to sit out front and watch the people walk by and just chill for a couple hours.

I think getting out of the house and meeting people is good for the soul (no need to be a hermit here, plenty of friendly locals), and I want to help out the local businesses, not just the farang businesses, but the Thai businesses as well. It's not exorbitantly expensive by any means. A couple beers, a coffee, and some food. Last time I went the bill was like 250 baht. For some excellent khao pat gai, a couple beer Lao, and a coffee. I say excellent as the kid cooking does it exaclty how it should be. I hate oily khao pat. His is perfect. I find his khao pat comparable to Fon and Waen's. Done just the way it should be. His fries are beautiful too. Crispy, and served with both ketchup and mayo for dipping. So, unless you are a heavy drinker, it is inexpensive to get out some and enjoy yourself and mingle.

As an added plus my wife also enjoys their foods and the laid back atmosphere. And she is picky about her food.

Last edited:
I never knew you were ex-military. You do not seem the type. :eek::eek::eek:
It isn't just military that uses the 24-hour clock, many others use it because it is more specific. Truck drivers, for example, don't get confused about a.m. or p.m. You want your delivery at midnight then it won't be at 12 o'clock anything, it will be at 24:00 hours.

Back