Kap Choeng 2 maybe 3 dead on 214.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member

จุดเกิดเหตุ..สุรินทร์ is at อำเภอกาบเชิง จังหวัดสุรินทร์.
3 hrs · Kap Choeng District ·
ขอแสดงความเสียใจกับครอบครัวผู้เสียชีวิตด้วย
วันนี้ เวลา 12.30 น. เกิดเหตุรถจักรยานยนต์ แม่เป็นผู้ขับขี่รถ พร้อมซ้อนท้ายลูก 2 คน ถูกรถเฉี่ยวและลื่นล้มริมถนน 214 ก่อนถึงบ้านหมอนเจิญ ต.กาบเชิง สายอ.ปราสาท-กาบเชิง ทำให้ลูกเสียชีวิตในที่เกิดเหตุและบาดเจ็บสาหัส
ถนนเส้นทางนี้ อยู่ระหว่างก่อสร้างขยายช่องจราจร โดยการถมดินสูงขึ้นและเปิดใช้ช่องกลาง 2 ช่องจราจรให้รถยนต์วิ่งสวนทางกัน ซึ่งขอบทางจะมีน้ำขังและโคลนดิน ทำให้รถลื่นไหลเกิดอุบัติเหตุได้ง่าย
#ขับขี่รถโปรดระมัดระวัง

https://www.facebook.com/ufi/reacti...s6MjU3MzEzODIyMjk3MjY1Ng==&av=100001126630582

(Apparently no lane for bikes.)
Sad indeed no matter what.

Translation is always a bit sketchy.

Were they hit from behind by a vehicle or did the motocy-operator lose control in the mud ?

There is about 20km of 214 highway upgrade that looks very much as the photo shows. It has been raining the better part of yesterday and today. My guess this was before KC as your coming from Surin. With the construction this was going to happen. R.I.P.

(Apparently no lane for bikes.)
Sad indeed no matter what.

Translation is always a bit sketchy.

Were they hit from behind by a vehicle or did the motocy-operator lose control in the mud ?

There is no lane for bikes anywhere AFAIK.

The bit on the left after a solid white line is a "spillover" lane, I think. I will stand corrected.

There is no lane for bikes anywhere AFAIK.
The bit on the left after a solid white line is a "spillover" lane, I think. I will stand corrected.

According to the police report that lost my wife some of her "no claims bonus" she was parked with two wheels "roadside" of the solid white line when the motocy ran into the back of her (on a six lane dual carriageway).

We have a solid white line along the road outside our house but it defines such a narrow "lane" that I defy any motorcyclist to use it as such.

There is NO bike lane for 20 km as the road construction has taken what maybe or not be what you armchair warriors are flipping your fingers about. Bikes are at the MERCY of autos and trucks on this stretch of road. This accident by reports is the fault of the auto.

Heartbreaking news and pictures... Really makes me sad... But they'll hopefully one day learn that it is their own behavior rather than just bad luck that's the cause of these accidents

I not want to nor can I speculate on the cause of this accident. But my cousin (daughter of my thai brother in law) nearly escaped death 2 years ago when she and a friend drove a motobike and got off the road, motobike flipped over and she (driver) fell and hit a stone/ rock with her head. Friend got off with some bruises.

My cousin was in a coma for 3 days and doctors told family it was 50/50 and when she would wake up, it was unknown if she would have permanent brain damage due to the hard hit to her head (no helmet ofcourse). To cut a long story short: she was in a "baby like" state for months( couldn't speak, only moan), I have driven her and her mother/ father to hospital for checkups countless times. At that time the only thing that calmed her down was khmer music video's on YouTube, so I set up an old phone with YouTube and that was by her side 24/7.

But eventually she got better, nothing short of a miracle if you ask me. She's sometimes a bit slow with speaking when she is tired.

During these hard times it amased me how everybody kept helping and supporting her. After school her teachers and friends from school came to visit. EVERY school day! We must gave bought hundres of liters of Coca Cola ..

But same friends still ride motobike without helmet. Because "only in village". Just like my cousin...

I not want to nor can I speculate on the cause of this accident. But my cousin (daughter of my thai brother in law) nearly escaped death 2 years ago when she and a friend drove a motobike and got off the road, motobike flipped over and she (driver) fell and hit a stone/ rock with her head. Friend got off with some bruises.

My cousin was in a coma for 3 days and doctors told family it was 50/50 and when she would wake up, it was unknown if she would have permanent brain damage due to the hard hit to her head (no helmet ofcourse). To cut a long story short: she was in a "baby like" state for months( couldn't speak, only moan), I have driven her and her mother/ father to hospital for checkups countless times. At that time the only thing that calmed her down was khmer music video's on YouTube, so I set up an old phone with YouTube and that was by her side 24/7.

But eventually she got better, nothing short of a miracle if you ask me. She's sometimes a bit slow with speaking when she is tired.

During these hard times it amased me how everybody kept helping and supporting her. After school her teachers and friends from school came to visit. EVERY school day! We must gave bought hundres of liters of Coca Cola ..

But same friends still ride motobike without helmet. Because "only in village". Just like my cousin...

That last line says it all. We have had 2 recent mortorbike deaths in my village of schoolchildren. Huge turnout for both funerals, with every kid turning up on a motorbike WITHOUT a helmet. You would like to think.........................................!

After showing him the photos of this accident, I had a chat with my 15 year old stepson yesterday, asking if he knew how many people were killed on Thai roads each day. His guess was just one. After I explained that it was nearer 70, I asked him if he had any idea what percentage of the accidents involve motorcys. Nope. I said "over 70%, which is why it is so important that you always wear a helmet, fastened properly, if you accept a ride from your friends."

Whooooosh… the point went straight over his head. "It's ok, I trust my friend" he said...

"Do you trust the guy who runs into him and kills you both?" I asked. Exit the boy in a strop. He complained about the conversation to his mum who came to complain to me that I was being too negative FFS!!!! I was livid, but she simply doesn't understand why.

And that typifies the reason why there's little chance of the roadkill problem being solved in Thailand.

And that typifies the reason why there's little chance of the roadkill problem being solved in Thailand.

At least being solved within our lifetime.

Additionally...the 'issue of pre-destination' / (pre-determination of ones longevity) surely throws hope out the window.

Just out. Translation seems to blame the contractor and for him to make corrections.

ข่าว วันนี้ที่สุรินทร์
6 hrs ·

+7

จุดเกิดเหตุ..สุรินทร์
15 hrs ·
สุรินทร์ ลงพื้นที่ตรวจจุดเกิดเหตุถนนสุรินทร์-ช่องจอม

วันนี้ เวลา 15.30 น. คณะอนุกรรมการ ศปถ.จ.สุรินทร์. ร่วมกับทีม ศปถ.อกาบเชิง ได้ลงพื้นที่สอบสวนอุบัติเหตุร่วมกัน บริเวณจุดเกิดเหตุรถบรรทุกพ่วงเหยียบเด็กที่ซ้อนท้ายมอเตอร์ไซด์เสียชีวิต 2 ราย บาดเจ็บ 1 ราย และผู้ขับรถจักรยานยนต์ บาดเจ็บ
จากนั้นได้ไปประชุมร่วมกับวิศวกรผู้ควบคุมงาน ผู้แทนรับจ้างโครงการก่อสร้างถนนเส้นดังกล่าว เพื่อร่วมกันวางมาตรการป้องกันไม่เกิดอุบัติเหตุเช่นนี้ขึ้นอีก รวมทั้งการเยียวยาผู้ประสบภัย ณ สำนักงานก่อสร้างถนนที่บ้านสกล ต.ตะเคียน โดยมีข้อสรุปในเบื้องต้น ดังนี้
1. บริเวณที่เกิดเหตุ และจุดอื่นอีก 2 จุด ซึ่งจะมีการระดับถนนใหม่สูงกว่าระดับเดิมมาก เมื่อมีฝนตกจะมีน้ำท่วมขังถนนเดิมที่มีระดับต่ำกว่า รวมทั้งมีดินสไลด์ลงมาในช่องทางเดินรถจักรยานยนต์ แนวทางแก้ไขให้ผู้รับจ้างดำเนินการวางท่อระบายน้ำให้มีขนาดใหญ่กว่าเดิมเพื่อไม่ให้มีน้ำท่วมขัง และให้ผู้รับจ้างจัดทำทางเบี่ยงให้รถจักรยานยนต์ขึ้นไปขับขี่บนถนนที่ยกระดับขึ้นมาใหม่ โดยดำเนินการอย่างเร่งด่วน
2. ให้ผู้รับจ้างทำป้ายประชาสัมพันธ์ ซ่อมแซมถนนที่เป็นหลุม เป็นบ่อ ติดตั้งสัญญาณไฟส่องสว่าง เพิ่มขึ้น และให้ผู้รับจ้างเร่งรัดก่อสร้างและยกระดับถนนที่เกิดเหตุให้มีรัดัลเ จท้า
3. หากจุดใด..มีความเสี่ยง..แจ้งผู้รับจ้างโครงก่อสร้างได้ที่เบอร์โทร 064 - 7713654 ตลอด24ชม.
4. ให้เจ้าหน้าที่ตำรวจกวดขันวินัยจราจรในถนนเส้นดังกล่าว โดยตรวจจับความเร็ว
5. การเยียวยาผู้ประสบภัย
5.1 บริษัทกลางคุ้มครองประสบภัยจากรถ สาขาสุรินทร์ จะดำเนินการช่วยเหลือให้กับทายาทผู้สียชีวิต และผู้บาดเจ็บ จาก พรบ.ภาคบังคับ
5.2 มอบหมายให้ คปภ. และ บ.กลางฯ ติดตามประสานบริษัทประกันภัยรถพ่วง (ทำประกันชั้น 1 ไว้) เข้ามาช่วยเหลือเยียวยาทั้งผู้บาดเจ็บ และผู้เสียชีวิต ให้รับการช่วยเหลือเยียวยาสูงสุด
5.3 มอบหมายให้แขวงทางหลวงสุรินทร์ วิศวกร ควบคุมงาน และผู้รับจ้างประสานบริษัทที่ทำประกันโครงการไว้ เข้ามาช่วยเหลือเยียวยาผู้เสียชีวิต ผู้บาดเจ็บ โดยเร็ว
cr.ปภ.สุรินทร์

Back