KASIKORN BANK ATM CARDS

Prakhonchai Nick

You chose a custom title
A note to remind those who have an ATM Card with a 4 numbered PIN, that it needs replacing before 31st December, regardless of the date shown on the card.

Renewed mine this morning and received a rebate of 104baht.

Confusion reigned however, as the Code above the photo on my passport shows GBR. The bank teller did not know what this was and apparently this was not shown on her drop down list. All sorted eventually, with the help of 2 more tellers!

As an aside, after updating my passbook, my balance showed a credit of over 8 million baht. Sadly though, withdrawals since my last update wiped most of that out.

Last edited:
I changed my ATM card (Bangkok Bank) last month. I too have the new 6-digit PIN numbered card. There was no charge for the new card. My old 4-digit card was not due to expire until 2023.

Mine expired mid year. I was in the bank longer to change the card and obtain a letter confirming my account than I spent in immigration later on in the day!

My shopping card needs to be renewed at the end of the year. I must remember to do that plus update the details on my annual payments.

If you are renewing your Kasikorn Bank shopping card, you will need to "suspend" the existing one first as they only permit one card to be linked to one account (even if the first card has already expired). I have a secondary minor savings account so I linked a card to that until the old one expires at the end of this month.

Back