Kasikorn Bank - Fixed Deposit Account

Yorky

Fullritis Member
I received a letter from Kasikorn two weeks ago (in Thai but titled "URGENT"). It required me to visit the bank to change my passbook. Today my wife was in Robinson's and asked what was the reasoning behind it. They said they were changing the size of the book in order that I could access their automated up-date machine. I've never used it and never intend to use it so I cannot see the point.

[Edit: I update the book every 12 months]

Last edited:
I received a letter from Kasikorn two weeks ago (in Thai but titled "URGENT"). It required me to visit the bank to change my passbook. Today my wife was in Robinson's and asked what was the reasoning behind it. They said they were changing the size of the book in order that I could access their automated up-date machine. I've never used it and never intend to use it so I cannot see the point.

Yorky, you have lived in the Land of Smiles for long enough to know that it is a waste of time and energy to try to see the point of many strange happenings.

Yorky, you have lived in the Land of Smiles for long enough to know that it is a waste of time and energy to try to see the point of many strange happenings.

I agree. The next time that I need to go to the bank in Surin town, I shall maybe cater to their wishes. Otherwise, maybe they should come and see me? After all, I am their employer.

I agree. The next time that I need to go to the bank in Surin town, I shall maybe cater to their wishes. Otherwise, maybe they should come and see me? After all, I am their employer.

Bank employees seem to understand your point of view better than they did 20 years' ago. I used to use that argument with the Gorgeous Lek when she was too scared to go into the bank and ask a question in case they spoke badly to her. Now I think most bank staff are scared of her so I have trained her well. All that time spent living in the Tasmanian metropolis seems to have paid off!

Back