LAAN SURIN restaurant

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
We tried the Laan Chang (translates to Land of Elephants) restaurant the other night (last week) to check it out after hearing good things from others. Nice place. Huge and airy, excellent service and staff, great bands playing at levels that are just right for dining, extensive menu, and damned good food we thought. I had a couple German beers and my wife had the watermelon shake. Some said it was a bit expensive, but we thought it was perfectly in line for pricing for the place and the foods. We enjoyed it there and will be back before long. A very nice evening out close by the house, just across from Robinson's Mall side entrance and down a bit. Actually almost directly across from the old 214 Diner. Check them out.

1607592801198.png

1607592882861.png

1607592929538.png

1607592967873.png

Adding to my list of "have to go"-restaurants.

Found it on Google maps as Lan Chang, left side of road from former IQ modern trade -> Robinson

Last edited:
I'm more inclined to believe Cent than Google, considering he has been there and specifically said "close by the house, just across from Robinson's Mall side entrance and down a bit. Actually almost directly across from the old 214 Diner". Doesn't get better than that!

Adding to my list of "have to go"-restaurants.

Found it on Google maps as Lan Chang, left side of road from former IQ modern trade -> Robinson
Dennis, Not sure of that map. It is spelled Laan Chang. It is right on the 214 highway, opposite side from Robinson's. If you remember the 214 Diner Rob had it is almost directly across from his old place on 214 highway. Hard to miss.

@Cent said, " just across from Robinson's Mall side entrance and down a bit. Actually almost directly across from the old 214 Diner. "

However, https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiwyMT0rMftAhU04nMBHd-FC34QFjAAegQIAxAC&url=https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g303923-d1804820-Reviews-Laan_chang-Surin_Surin_Province.html&usg=AOvVaw3C_CI5P1ZzJ73cffIpZDVr , Google maps shows the restaurant by the reservoir near the Elephant roundabout.

View attachment 37174

Seems like conflicting info.

I believe this is either another restaurant or they have moved to the 214 highway location and never updated the maps. You could damned near walk there from your house, Nomad. :)

I believe this is either another restaurant or they have moved to the 214 highway location and never updated the maps. You could damned near walk there from your house, Nomad. :)
I know we could walk to it if we so wished. Must be all of 150 meters away as the crow flies. And, as you pointed out, they do indeed have "great bands playing", although I may question the adjective "great" from the noise I hear in my man-cave. :rage::rage::rage:

It takes @nomad97 10 minutes to walk there and then 20 minutes to return home. Although the distance does not change, the time difference is staggering.

Could not resist. :tongueout:
Staggering home indeed. I will have you know that my wife carries me! We have not dinned in the said restaurant because my limited and frozen UK state pension does not stretch that far. However, we can eat a fine family meal for 4 in the Robinson Food Hall for less than 200 baht (total, not each). :D :D :D

Staggering home indeed. I will have you know that my wife carries me! We have not dinned in the said restaurant because my limited and frozen UK state pension does not stretch that far. However, we can eat a fine family meal for 4 in the Robinson Food Hall for less than 200 baht (total, not each). :D :D :D
I highly doubt that, Nomad, unless both your gals are helping her as well. :) Even then. LOL Not saying you are a fat *******, but you are a large fella. :grinning:

Back