Latest Kitchen from Ice Furniture

genghis

Hi Everyone, this is our latest kitchen for a customer in Prasat. The house was built by Alan the Builder to a very high standard, & we were happy to be asked to design & build a kitchen.
The kitchen we produced is one of our largest domestic kitchens we have made here in Thailand, & everyone was very happy
The cabinets made with 18 mm Plus Wood, which is guaranteed against termites & is water proof, & the doors & end panels are finished in grey High Gloss laminate. Extra tall top cabinets were fitted & all doors & Draws are soft close. the counter tops are Granite
The Dishwasher & washing machine are next to the oven & hidden behind doors.
The customer wanted something different, so we put curved doors on the Island & counter bar, & because the ceilings were so High we did not want to put a big chimney over the Island for the extractor fan, so we put one of the new pop-up down draft extractor fans in the Island, which lays level with the counter top when not in use, but at a touch of a button, pops up to extract all the smells
The customer also wanted lots of lights so we put Plinth lights in as well as overhead lights
The end result I hope you all agree, is stunningseans Kitchen 1.jpg seans Kitchen 2.jpg seans Kitchen 3.jpg seans Kitchen 4.jpg seans Kitchen 5.jpg seans Kitchen 6.jpg

With your good wife, being Thai, I doubt it would take more than a week -maybe even less. When I return from a 3/4 day trip to Siem Reap, not only is there clutter everywhere, but those items that have been put away, are never where they should be.

Good idea putting the wall cupboards out of reach of most Thai wives....

In fact I just wouldn’t let a Thai wife in there....

Good idea putting the wall cupboards out of reach of most Thai wives....

In fact I just wouldn’t let a Thai wife in there....
That's not fair, the lights on the bottom of the units are solely for the benefit of Thai wives and their relatives. You know how much they like to sit and eat off the floor.

That's not fair, the lights on the bottom of the units are solely for the benefit of Thai wives and their relatives. You know how much they like to sit and eat off the floor.

I think "Sit on the floor to eat" may be a better way of describing it. However........

I was a little unsure of what the lights were actually for.

Last edited:
I fear they may easily get damaged when the cleaning lady (usually SWMBO for us poor pensioners) starts running around with the mop.

With the kithen sink situate in the central hob (virtually an island) how easy is it, I wonder, to access the drainage pipes. Ours very quickly get clogged up, with all the bits and pieces that get washed away then harden.

Looks very nice but is it totally practical?

Hi everyone, thanks for all your comments, we appreciate them all.
This was everything the customer wanted, one thing he said is, I want lights, lights & more lights, so that is what he got
I don't normally like to put the sink in the Island, because of problems like leaks under the floor or has you said Nick
access to drains, but the customer insisted, & has we know, the customer is always right, & as Alan was doing the
building, we knew that it would be OK
One thing we did insist on changing were the top cupboards. He originally wanted them to be 2 mt high, it was going
to be like hanging a wardrobe on the wall. Alan & I finally convinced him to have smaller ones, but 1.2 mt was the smallest
he would except.
Thanks again everyone

SWMBO follows your rules? I require educating
But of course. The number of times we have house guests in any year can be counted on one or two fingers. Private lessons on how to achieve this state of Nirvana can be arranged for the usual fee.

View attachment 28841 :D:D:D

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-31_18-30-44.png
    upload_2019-5-31_18-30-44.png
    254 KB · Views: 1
If I ever have a hope of selling my house back in the UK I’d need a kitchen like that

If I ever have a hope of selling my house back in the UK I’d need a kitchen like that

I can't see the bulbs lasting long in Liverpool. When I bought my house on The Wirral the sellers took the light fittings and the bulbs with them!

However, I've since seen worse. My neighbour here took the windows, doors, window frames, door frames and even the roof!

next door.jpg

Back