LED Bulbs

Merlin

You chose a custom title
A week or two ago, someone mentioned that LED bulbs were not available in Surin.

Mr DIY (at Lotus) have stocks at quite reasonable prices - I bought the one below on Thursday for 59Thb. Lower wattage versions are available too.

1618643930311.png

A week or two ago, someone mentioned that LED bulbs were not available in Surin.

Mr DIY (at Lotus) have stocks at quite reasonable prices - I bought the one below on Thursday for 59Thb. Lower wattage versions are available too.

View attachment 39639

I mentioned that the "push fit" LED bulbs were apparently not available as yet in Surin (not in Homepro anyway).

Philips push fit.jpg

As far as I know all other types of LED bulbs are available in all the normal outlets (and have been for some time).

I bought these at Homepro last week.

LED lights s.jpg

I now have 21 out of 25 lights replaced with LEDs.

I now have 21 out of 25 lights replaced with LEDs.

The LEDs under the cooker hood (which I replaced about 12 months ago from the electric store virtually opposite PTT on 226) are very strange. Each time that you turn them off and then on they become, in sequence, "warm light", "daylight", and "white light".

LED Emergency lighting........................

1620295516452.png

I found this 6W LED light bulb (screw fitting) suitable for down lighters. They had 6W at 175 baht and 10W at 250 baht. Basically, it is a normal light, suitable for down lighters, and when the power goes off, the emergency lighting mode continues to provide light. Finally, it can also be used as a torch when held in your hand with your fingers making the circuit.

Pretty good technology for only 175 baht.

Good find Nomad, but when my fingers complete an electrical circuit it makes my hair stand on end... ;;shocked;;

LED Emergency lighting and fan.

1620296479468.png

Last night when the power went off for over 2 hours, the heat and the humidity was definitely too much for me. While looking for a solution to provide emergency lighting, my wife came across this LED lighting with a combined 3-speed fan. It comes with a standard USB charging cable. Not too shabby at 400 baht after discount.

View attachment 40075

Last night when the power went off for over 2 hours, the heat and the humidity was definitely too much for me. While looking for a solution to provide emergency lighting, my wife came across this LED lighting with a combined 3-speed fan. It comes with a standard USB charging cable. Not too shabby at 400 baht after discount.

Fanny by lamplight?

View attachment 40075

What diameter and wattage is the fan @nomad97?

It looks interesting (although during any power cut during 06:00 - 22:00 hours, I'll likely be outside).

LED Emergency lighting........................

I found this 6W LED light bulb (screw fitting) suitable for down lighters.

Surely it's suitable for uplighters also, should the fitting diameter be the same?

What diameter and wattage is the fan @nomad97?

It looks interesting (although during any power cut during 06:00 - 22:00 hours, I'll likely be outside).
Mine just has a tiny LED on the side, with a 3-speed fan which is 9.5 cm dia, pushing out a mighty 0.7W, 1.5W, and 2.6W. The battery is rechargeable, but all can be powered by my laptop using the USB provided. (No wonder the laptop battery is goosed! ;) )

Mine just has a tiny LED on the side, with a 3-speed fan which is 9.5 cm dia, pushing out a mighty 0.7W, 1.5W, and 2.6W. The battery is rechargeable, but all can be powered by my laptop using the USB provided. (No wonder the laptop battery is goosed! ;) )
The fan has a 15cm diameter blade and, to save the expensive battery in your laptop, I would recommend a USB rechargeable power bank (as used with mobile phones).

1620298267225.png

The fan has a 15cm diameter blade and, to save the expensive battery in your laptop, I would recommend a USB rechargeable power bank (as used with mobile phones).

View attachment 40078

Apart from as an emergency measure during power failures, my fan is only used to cool down the highly stressed laptop battery...

"There's a hole in my bucket, dear Lisa, dear Lisa."

Apart from as an emergency measure during power failures, my fan is only used to cool down the highly stressed laptop battery...

I have a USB fan on the "stand" for my laptop. I cannot remember when I last plugged it in.

However, I use a similar type fan, upside down, to try and keep the receiver cooler during the hot weather. It generally keeps the unit at ambient or just above.

Denon receiver fan 2 s.jpg

It plugs into the rear of the the television.

The other day in Thaiwatsadu I spotted this Emergency Light. Has some pretty good specifications and throws out decent light. It has three modes.
1 The 1 Watt torch.
2 One of the two compact led fluorescent tubes on. Consuming 2.5 Watt
3 Both of the two compact led fluorescent tubes on. Consuming 5 Watt.

The best function is not even listed on the box. There is an emergency light function when one or both tubes are switched on and the power is on charge the lamps remain off.
When there is a power failure they will automatically light after a power failure. The conveniant hook folds away when not being used.
The best way to use this device would be have it on a hook nearby to a power outlet. One small draw back the ac charge plug is its length only 50cm.

1621137671878.png
Price 208 Baht.

The other day in Thaiwatsadu I spotted this Emergency Light. Has some pretty good specifications and throws out decent light. It has three modes.
1 The 1 Watt torch.
2 One of the two compact led fluorescent tubes on. Consuming 2.5 Watt
3 Both of the two compact led fluorescent tubes on. Consuming 5 Watt.

The best function is not even listed on the box. There is an emergency light function when one or both tubes are switched on and the power is on charge the lamps remain off.
When there is a power failure they will automatically light after a power failure. The conveniant hook folds away when not being used.
The best way to use this device would be have it on a hook nearby to a power outlet. One small draw back the ac charge plug is its length only 50cm.

View attachment 40279
Price 208 Baht.

My wife bought one exactly the same (except it had the Mr D.I.Y. logo) in Tesco Lotus MDIY last week -฿159.00. Here #654

Back