Marriage Extension Renewell

"Just as an aside a farang was told last week (at KCI) that he was not allowed to work whilst in Thailand on a visa extension based upon his marriage to a Thai."

Sorry, I must have been misinformed. The farang WASN'T was told last week (at KCI) that he was not allowed to work whilst in Thailand on a visa extension based upon his marriage to a Thai.

2 work colleges of mine have just had WP & Visa"s renewed with marriage extensions.

The talent pool for English teachers is vastly underated, innit ?

NOte: If you're on avisa based upon retirement you will (should have) a problem getting a Work Permit in Thailand.

Then again, quite a few teachers are readily employed without obtaining their Work Permit.

{Concur readily that we're off the OP topic...which never would stop a Mod from chiming in. Chokdee5 ]

Ifer, I kin understan kwite klearly. GL is warin' off on us all shrug1

New rumour from KCI.

The pictures of yourself and your wife at your home (for a visa extension based upon marriage) are required to be printed on "glossy" paper. Normal paper is not acceptable anymore.

New rumour from KCI.

The pictures of yourself and your wife at your home (for a visa extension based upon marriage) are required to be printed on "glossy" paper. Normal paper is not acceptable anymore.

This one I can belive.

New rumour from KCI.

Believe it or not, The so and so there told me the opposite he did not like my photos on photo paper. As they had to staple them all to an A4 sheet. I am starting to think that they go home at night and have a great belly laugh at our expense. If you bring in blue paper they will say it needs to be pink, but if you brought pink in, you guessed it on the day they will need blue. I think you get my drift.

Believe it or not, The so and so there told me the opposite he did not like my photos on photo paper. As they had to staple them all to an A4 sheet. I am starting to think that they go home at night and have a great belly laugh at our expense. If you bring in blue paper they will say it needs to be pink, but if you brought pink in, you guessed it on the day they will need blue. I think you get my drift.

You are making me very apprehensive about my visit to KCI on Thirstday.

Another thing I was told today also was that they required copies of ALL your previous extensions. Which actually is no problem for me because I have them in the file (the previous 3 years, I have presented them, but they were returned as being "not necessary").

Do you get the impression that we are not welcome here anymore?

Last edited:
Yorky, why one earth would you think something like that !!!!
Just imagine als the "ATM'S" gone in Isaan for one month ... the provinces would come to an immediate economic standstill !!! Crazy1Crazy1Crazy1

Quick question:
I'm due to go in to Kap Cheong Immigration on June 27th to finalize my first Non-Immigrant O based on marriage. Home visit has been done several weeks ago, and this is the date they stamped in my passport for my return.
1. Do I need to take another bank letter?
2. Are there more fees due? (I'm not needing a multi-entry this time)
3. What else could I be missing?

Thanks in advance for all help, I just want to get this done......

mario299

Quick question:
I'm due to go in to Kap Cheong Immigration on June 27th to finalize my first Non-Immigrant O based on marriage **. Home visit has been done several weeks ago, and this is the date they stamped in my passport for my return.

mario299

** Do you mean your first extension of stay?

AFIAK, all you will need is your passport (for stamping in the extension) but others will no doubt know for certain.

However, I would suggest that you try ringing them first to confirm that the extension "is ready".

Quick question:
I'm due to go in to Kap Cheong Immigration on June 27th to finalize my first Non-Immigrant O based on marriage. Home visit has been done several weeks ago, and this is the date they stamped in my passport for my return.

mario299

Question 1 NO
Question 2 NO
Question 3 No

No need to call. You have to show up or your an overstayer. Simple.

Quick question:

mario299

They use to let you get the extent early but SI stopped this and makes you wait the 30 days. The paperwork goes to Khon Khan Division 4 Immigration HQ who is in charge of 18 immigration office in isaan. Saying that you could have YOUR BOSS :Dgive them a call to see if you could drop by earlier. Just to make it easier just incase take your wife along.

Back