Moles

phil4x2

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes ,
Does anyone know how to get rid of moles , catch , poison , scare away ??? that are eating rubber tree roots at least I assume that's what they are doing because the trees are dying .
We are paying THB 100 to the locals that catch them but they're not catching them very fast .
Phil 4x2

Moles? Are there moles in Thailand? Anyway, I thought moles ate worms and insects.

I don't know the answer to your question, but a bit of googling would probably give you the answer. There is a lot of rubber grown in this part of the world nowadays, and I'm sure the problem is not unique.

These are the only Moles i have seen in thailand.

th

You need some of these phil, about 80Baht from your local hardware shop

th

Moles? Are there moles in Thailand? Anyway, I thought moles ate worms and insects.

I don't know the answer to your question, but a bit of googling would probably give you the answer. There is a lot of rubber grown in this part of the world nowadays, and I'm sure the problem is not unique.

tun_zpsad97f9d9.jpg

Here's a site with pics. They are not an endangered species:

http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=c-w64Lon6c8b5M&tbnid=XSj18oyA7D_JZM:&ved=0CAcQjB0wAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.siamensis.org%2Ftaxonomy%2Fterm%2F3096%2F0&ei=oXl8UZ_hM8PprQfGzYCoDg&psig=AFQjCNEKk5_6vIt7JNvMOEgQ5WHGbNiiWA&ust=1367198497912543

Kloss's mole

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Kloss's Mole)
Jump to: navigation, search
Kloss's mole Conservation status Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Mammalia Order: Soricomorpha Family: Talpidae Genus: Euroscaptor Species: E. klossi Binomial name Euroscaptor klossi
(Thomas, 1929) Kloss's mole range
The Kloss's mole (Euroscaptor klossi) is a species of mammal in the Talpidae family. It is found in Laos, Malaysia, and Thailand.

Chinese mole shrew

(Redirected from Anourosorex squamipes)
Chinese Mole Shrew Conservation status Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Mammalia Order: Soricomorpha Family: Soricidae Genus: Anourosorex Species: A. squamipes Binomial name Anourosorex squamipes
Milne-Edwards, 1872 Chinese mole shrew range
The Chinese mole shrew (Anourosorex squamipes) is a species of mole shrew on the Asian mole shrew branch of the shrew family of mammals.
Despite the name, it is found not only in China but also in Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam.
In 2006, the Centers for Disease Control reported this species can carry a version of the hantavirus which is genetically distinct from rodent hantavirus and new to science. [2]

Last edited:

tun_zpsad97f9d9.jpg

Here's a site with pics. They are not an endangered species:

http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=c-w64Lon6c8b5M&tbnid=XSj18oyA7D_JZM:&ved=0CAcQjB0wAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.siamensis.org%2Ftaxonomy%2Fterm%2F3096%2F0&ei=oXl8UZ_hM8PprQfGzYCoDg&psig=AFQjCNEKk5_6vIt7JNvMOEgQ5WHGbNiiWA&ust=1367198497912543

Kloss's mole

(Redirected from Kloss's Mole)
Kloss's mole Conservation status Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Mammalia Order: Soricomorpha Family: Talpidae Genus: Euroscaptor Species: E. klossi Binomial name Euroscaptor klossi
(Thomas, 1929) Kloss's mole range
The Kloss's mole (Euroscaptor klossi) is a species of mammal in the Talpidae family. It is found in Laos, Malaysia, and Thailand.

Chinese mole shrew

(Redirected from Anourosorex squamipes)
Chinese Mole Shrew Conservation status Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Mammalia Order: Soricomorpha Family: Soricidae Genus: Anourosorex Species: A. squamipes Binomial name Anourosorex squamipes
Milne-Edwards, 1872 Chinese mole shrew range
The Chinese mole shrew (Anourosorex squamipes) is a species of mole shrew on the Asian mole shrew branch of the shrew family of mammals.
Despite the name, it is found not only in China but also in Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam.
In 2006, the Centers for Disease Control reported this species can carry a version of the hantavirus which is genetically distinct from rodent hantavirus and new to science. [2]

The only habitat in Thailand marked on that map is the upper north west by the look of it. Definitely not Isaan. Besides, Im sure if they were commonplace in these parts, at least one of us would have seen them on sticks in the market.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only habitat in Thailand marked on that map is the upper north west by the look of it. Definitely not Isaan. Besides, Im sure if they were commonplace in these parts, at least one of us would have seen them on sticks in the market.

55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555. Surely they would be being eaten, Luke. :) I do know they eat the mongoose here, and the squirrels.

Mike

55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555. Surely they would be being eaten, Luke. :) I do know they eat the mongoose here, and the squirrels.

Mike

Sure mate, that was my point. If they were here, we would know about it as our wives would be picking their teeth with their bones. Jump_Drool

:confused:
Thanks guys . I was hoping the Thais had a way to stop them like planting something they don't like .
I spread the word that eating them is an aphrodisiac might encourage the locals to catch them.
Phil4x2

Back