Money pours in for Brit and Thai wife and child down on their luck in Buriram

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Money pours in for Brit and Thai wife and child down on their luck in Buriram

Money has poured in for a British man and his Thai family who are suffering in Buriram in Thailand's north east.

Martin Anderson, 65, and his wife Thanyalak Sapanya were featured on a Facebook appeal on the page of @Bhin.fanclub.

The post said that Mr Anderson has been in Thailand for thirty years. He used to work in the Pattaya area in a variety of companies over the years.

But in the last year he was not paid by a company for five months and now has no money at all.

To compound matters he fell down and is now unable to walk and needs constant care from his wife. She herself is blind in one eye and comes from an impoverished family.

They met ten years ago and have been together ever since. They have a child in P5 (fifth year of primary school) who is unable to attend classes now.

The wife needs to do everything - including take care of her husband's toilet cleansing as he is unable to wipe himself.

They got behind in the rent and are now obliged to live in a filthy shack with Thanyalak's mother.

Bhin Banleurit said they were in a desperate situation. He has already handed over 25,000 baht and was hugged for his kindness.

A plea was made for donations to the couple and their child and many posters in the initial swathe of reactions showed bank transfer slips showing they had transferred money.

Some praised the couple for their love in the week of Valentine's.

The story has been shared around 15,000 times tugging at the heartstrings of Thais.

Those who might like to donate to the family can do so via SCB # 221 226 8739 in the name of Thanyalak Sapanya, the wife.

The family live in Laharn Sai district of Buriram.

Source Bhin.fanclub.

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-16

Does anyone know this guy? I have never heard of him in the Lahansai area. At 65, he should be eligible for a UK state pension..assuming he worked at some time in the UK before coming to Thailand.

Perhaps Croc was aware of him.

They are not very nice over there on TV. They are ripping shreds off this feller. There was one poster that maybe suggested that they hold back a bit, and he was howled down.
Now let me check my profile. 8 Posts in 14 years. I think it will not improve anytime soon.

The **** has definitely come out on Nazi Visa on that thread.;;grimace;;

Guaranty that Buriram Imigration has heard of him now.:eek::eek:

I wonder when he made his last extension on his visa.
How is he going to come up with the juice to make his next one ?

Wishing him the best of luck moving forward.

Sorry to ‘hijack’ this thread but it got me thinking?
Has anyone heard about ex-member ‘Mister Bean’ (Colin G) as someone mentioned that he’s also sick in Surin Govt hospital?????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he lived in Pattaya since he worked there and the current ‘shack’ is in Buriram.

According to the article his blind wife and kids live in Laharn Sai who btw goes by another name. They have only been together 10 years. Working in Thailand for 35 years with SinCity just around the corner. The Go Fund Me Fund has come up with 25K, enough for a one way ticket back home. He should use that money wisely and hope he dose not owe an overstay fine of 20K.

According to the article his blind wife and kids live in Laharn Sai who btw goes by another name. They have only been together 10 years. Working in Thailand for 35 years with SinCity just around the corner. The Go Fund Me Fund has come up with 25K, enough for a one way ticket back home. He should use that money wisely and hope he dose not owe an overstay fine of 20K.

One kid I think, Por 5, probably about 9 years old. Does not go to school! Why I wonder. School is free, has to eat whether at home or at school. so why not go to school. There is far more to this story.

If he has 'worked' in Thailand for the past 35 years then it is most unlikely that he has contributed or continued to contribute for his UK pension. I doubt, therefore, that he is eligible for a UK pension. Had he used his working career wisely he would have had a house and savings to support him in retirement. Lets face it, you cannot go on working forever. As it is, that does not seem to be the case. Donations from the general public in Thailand is unlikely to support the family for very long. At 65 years old and in poor health his chance of finding more work in Thailand or anywhere else is not good. I think the best he can hope for is a return to the UK to be 'looked' after by state housing and state benefits. Unfortunately, his wife will not be eligible for a visa to go with him although his daughter might be. Yes, a truly sad state of affairs although very predictable.

P.S. I have come across several British expats during the past 15 years in Thailand who have not made provisions/contributions for a UK pension. I have always told them that its always good to have a fall back income when its time to retire, even if it is relatively modest. Several have heeded my words and sought to buy back contributions while they could. Those that didn't, good luck to them. I hope they do not finish up like the man in the story above.

Sorry to ‘hijack’ this thread but it got me thinking?
Has anyone heard about ex-member ‘Mister Bean’ (Colin G) as someone mentioned that he’s also sick in Surin Govt hospital?????????

Sorry, I do not know this person. I hope he has the money to pay for his stay.

If he had been in Thiland for 30/35 years as suggested, it is possible he was in the UK prior to that, and may well have made 10/15 NI contributions. That would entitle him to a state pension of around 1/3rd. £50 ish a week would give him 10,000baht/month.......far more than many Thai people have at their disposal.

Likliehood now is that immigration will find him, and in the absence of a valid visa, he will be deported, providing of course he can pay for a flight and any possible overstay fine. Wife and kid will be left to fend for themselves.

Back