Motocyke accident last night

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
Saw a motocyke accident last night happened a 100 yards or so before the one the other night that killed three young guys. Loads of cops and medical vehicles/ambulances. Looked to be bad. Couldn't tell if it was one or two down on the road.

They've been paving the sois all over Surin recently. Spending the money they have before the new budget I suspect. A lot of people do not realize just how slippery new asphalt is for a few days after it is laid down. (I know as that got me on my one big motorcycle accident many years ago.) There is oil that seeps to the surface of the new tar, making it like ice skating for at least a few days after. I suspect many do not realize how slippery these newly tarred roads can be. Which causes some of the accidents I would imagine. Give yourself plenty of stopping distance on these fresh tarred roads people.

Next!

Just before 9.00 am today by Robinsons. At least one motorcy and two pick-ups involved. Not much (if any) damage to the motorcy, but the white Wildtrack looks like it rolled after an impact with the silver-blue pickup. Carnage :

1616908819297.png

1616908874878.png

1616908918464.png

1616908959733.png

1616909019361.png

1616909058988.png

I saw three kids on a scooter pull out of a side road last week and clip the rear end of the car in front of me. 2 of the 3 immediately got up and ran away leaving the injured laying on the road. The driver and occupant of the car were both dressed in tan uniforms and got out of the car yelling at the injured teen.
When I said the kid would be at fault my wife replied "no, the car is bigger than the scooter so it was the car drivers fault"

I see
Next!

Just before 9.00 am today by Robinsons. At least one motorcy and two pick-ups involved. Not much (if any) damage to the motorcy, but the white Wildtrack looks like it rolled after an impact with the silver-blue pickup. Carnage :

View attachment 39277

View attachment 39278

View attachment 39279

View attachment 39280

View attachment 39281

View attachment 39282
I see people going like a bat out of hell trying to beat the lights at that lighted crossing all the time. I always pause for a few seconds and look all the ways some idiot could be jumping the light.

I saw three kids on a scooter pull out of a side road last week and clip the rear end of the car in front of me. 2 of the 3 immediately got up and ran away leaving the injured laying on the road. The driver and occupant of the car were both dressed in tan uniforms and got out of the car yelling at the injured teen.
When I said the kid would be at fault my wife replied "no, the car is bigger than the scooter so it was the car drivers fault"
I've seen some doozies here in Surin over the decades. It is a reason I will not ride a motocyke here. The stupidity is just too dangerous to offer my legs up to the gods of the road here. Give me some steel around me.

I see

I see people going like a bat out of hell trying to beat the lights at that lighted crossing all the time. I always pause for a few seconds and look all the ways some idiot could be jumping the light.
The sad thing @Cent, it's not just that set of traffic lights. I see cars and motorbikes shooting through traffic lights on red every day of the week, every time I am driving. On my daily school run, I pass through 3 sets of traffic lights. I can virtually guarantee that many cars will jump the lights at each set on each daily run. The most common error I see is where cars continue driving through the lights after they turn red. When I have, or should have been, the last car through on amber, I have counted as many as 4 or 5 cars come through after me. I also watch the oncoming cars while waiting for the lights to change. Once again, it's pretty obvious which cars are coming through on 'red'. The only thing that's truly amazing is that there are not more accidents each day. :rage: :rage::rage:

Driving into town from my drum - 20 minutes if we catch every set of lights just turning red (5 sets), 15 minutes if we catch every set on green. 5 minutes is not important to me (unless I'm cooking steak).

Thainess or ??????

Driving into town from my drum - 20 minutes if we catch every set of lights just turning red (5 sets), 15 minutes if we catch every set on green. 5 minutes is not important to me (unless I'm cooking steak).
Leaving town, I would likely as not be at the Krasang intersection on the Buriram road after 20 minutes. Where would you consider "town" to be in Surin? There would seem to be no obvious Town Centre either in Surin or Buriram. With Tesco, Big C Makro and Robinsons, Thai Watsadu ,Do Home Home Pro and others just round the corner, that would seem to be "town" to me, and probably within a 10 minute WALK for you.

Leaving town, I would likely as not be at the Krasang intersection on the Buriram road after 20 minutes. Where would you consider "town" to be in Surin? There would seem to be no obvious Town Centre either in Surin or Buriram. With Tesco, Big C Makro and Robinsons, Thai Watsadu ,Do Home Home Pro and others just round the corner, that would seem to be "town" to me, and probably within a 10 minute WALK for you.

"Town" is now Petchkasem Hotel/Busterminal to me. Or Thong Tarin Hotel. It used to be Farang Connection.

Note: WALKING 10 minutes for me is a no-no (unless it's accomplished over a 5 day period).

Going on from Cents post Sat 2100 hrs I ve noticed over the last week that the Surin council seem to be covering all the existing concrete roads with an extra layer of what looks like tarmac & I wondered if that was a good idea.It s different surfaces etc.

Going on from Cents post Sat 2100 hrs I ve noticed over the last week that the Surin council seem to be covering all the existing concrete roads with an extra layer of what looks like tarmac & I wondered if that was a good idea.It s different surfaces etc.
Fear ye not. According to the Internet, concrete makes an excellent base for asphalt.

"Do you currently have a concrete driveway or concrete parking lot and want to make the switch to asphalt pavement? If you've been thinking about updating your driveway or parking lot, you might be wondering if asphalt can be paved right over the top of the concrete.

Well, the answer is yes!

It is safe to pave asphalt over concrete. Concrete is a great base material because it is stable and allows for excellent compaction of the asphalt above. In fact, many miles of concrete roads are paved over with asphalt every year. However, it is important that you understand there are potential side effects and things to watch out for when paving over concrete."

Fear ye not. According to the Internet, concrete makes an excellent base for asphalt.

"Do you currently have a concrete driveway or concrete parking lot and want to make the switch to asphalt pavement? If you've been thinking about updating your driveway or parking lot, you might be wondering if asphalt can be paved right over the top of the concrete.

Well, the answer is yes!

It is safe to pave asphalt over concrete. Concrete is a great base material because it is stable and allows for excellent compaction of the asphalt above. In fact, many miles of concrete roads are paved over with asphalt every year. However, it is important that you understand there are potential side effects and things to watch out for when paving over concrete."

I note that there is no mention of the sub-base to the concrete. If the concrete is laid on a crap foundation then the subsequent construction will also be crap.

"Town" is now Petchkasem Hotel/Busterminal to me. Or Thong Tarin Hotel. It used to be Farang Connection.

Note: WALKING 10 minutes for me is a no-no (unless it's accomplished over a 5 day period).
Driving to "town" takes you 20 minutes What on earth takes you to the Petchkasem Hotel/Bus Station area.?Nothing there!

It feel it will not be too long before @Coffee takes up the sport. However, he may need to be reminded of the aim of the game. It is the person with the highest score that wins, not the person who scores the most!

;;bad simle;; ;;bad simle;; ;;bad simle;;

Back