muang 'pizza' & resort , buriram

C

Coffee

i promised to take my gf out for 'farang food' for her birthday...(yeah, i was 'cooking' pizza, what a nice bloke...)
anyhow, Cent threw a curve and took an extra day so i had to go with 'plan b'
and remembered threads about 'good pizza in buriram'.
yes, my mind was on pizza.
i cashed in some gold to cover the additional funds for petrol.

after a leisurely drive 50 miles west from surin i went in search of in-buriram-city-proper muang pizza.
{advice: go to their web-site, check out their location in advance of your sojourn and make sure you know where its located on your inner-gps.}

when you arrive at this boutique hotel you realize that this entrepreneur has made a serious capital investment towards a future in Thai.
i found the premises were immaculate and decided to dine outside overlooking the garden and pool with the birthday girl.
now, i ordered the capriciossa pizza and my gf went with b-b-q ribs, fries salad & birthday ice cream.
they do have a varied menu with pastas, meat dishes and many thai dishes (but to reiterate again my mind was on pizza)...
additionally, i knew my gf would never finish her meal (so i would have plenty ;-))

if you find yourself in buriram or want to kill a couple hours with a drive on a decent road (construction complete Surin to outskirts Buriram), i found 'muang pizza' was a very fine dining experience.
my gf concurred as we drove home to blow out the birthday candles...
now, about the gold...that's a whole other story Club_fight1

BAck on topic. This is a very nice place, I agree

It was never 'off topic' - Alan could post a montage of pictures from his restaurant visits, This includes Muang Pizza & Resort - where I think Alan was big on pictures but short on detail himself (I wish I could find his review).

Siebe has invested significantly in the site and quality pervades the dining experience and accomodation.

Last edited:
specifics ???

let's see...specifics:
crust approx 10 - 12mm thick (sorry, i did not bring my calipers), 13-inch diameter (sh*t - i'm not a 'builder', i also forgot to bring a tape measure!) "light go-around" of tomato sauce (not ketchup), nice dusting' of oregano, couple of nice mouth-sized pieces of ham (weight not available) with mushrooms (weight unknown)...the exact weight information was not available on the menu although some the ingredients are listed.
show you how f*cked i am - i requested dried red pepper to sprinkle over the pizza !

the 'baking room' seems to be a proper setting for pizza as the dough is rolled on-site and is not 'pre-bought'.
i found the pizza very good and a nice value.
no red & white tablecloth, no rude waiters compared to NYC thin or Chicago / Sicilian thick ...total 'perfection' not really world-class...but really DAMN good for buriram / surin ,et al.

then again - it's just my f**kING opinion, OK ?
does this reply give you a bit more to bite into ?
have a i met the proper expectations of a pizza review ?
i'll look forward to your illuminating comments by your reply kind sir(s). Bow5

let's see...specifics:
crust approx 10 - 12mm thick (sorry, i did not bring my calipers), 13-inch diameter (sh*t - i'm not a 'builder', i also forgot to bring a tape measure!) "light go-around" of tomato sauce (not ketchup), nice dusting' of oregano, couple of nice mouth-sized pieces of ham (weight not available) with mushrooms (weight unknown)...the exact weight information was not available on the menu although some the ingredients are listed.
show you how f*cked i am - i requested dried red pepper to sprinkle over the pizza !

the 'baking room' seems to be a proper setting for pizza as the dough is rolled on-site and is not 'pre-bought'.
i found the pizza very good and a nice value.
no red & white tablecloth, no rude waiters compared to NYC thin or Chicago / Sicilian thick ...total 'perfection' not really world-class...but really DAMN good for buriram / surin ,et al.

then again - it's just my f**kING opinion, OK ?
does this reply give you a bit more to bite into ?
have a i met the proper expectations of a pizza review ?
i'll look forward to your illuminating comments by your reply kind sir(s). Bow5

Good review.

Didn't you have any drinks ?

Service is usually good - especially from Siebe's long-serving waiter.

apology for impolite English 'language'

i was born & raised in NYC...so i sometimes tend to sprinkle an 'English adjective' (additionally can be used as noun, verb and pronoun) throughout a conversation. sorry, 'me baaaaad.'

oh, as for the beverages -yes...
the ice was served friggin' cold and the bottled H2O was f*%kin' delightful - 100% wet and chilled ! (oooooops...there i go again).
sorry no pics.

maybe i've been hangin' out and / or conversing with too many gentlemen who hail from UK...
i thought WTF1 Who_Cares f**k_Dogwas speaking proper-English 'affectionately' especially when verbalized/ (verbalised) during sporting events and driving in Thai ! Hug1

maybe those UK 'gentlemen' were all lawyers, financiers and software engineers.
Think1i should really head down to the docks and clean up linguistically Moon2
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet... Sorry2

ps: the sponsored restaurant's web-site has really great pics of some dishes (pizza included).

Its Just a Story!

You have such a way with words ,
A true gent !

I enjoyed Coffees post about his girlfriends birthday treat. It wasnt intended to be an Egon Ronay Critique about the food, But a description of their day out.

Alan seems to say things on here that he wouldnt say to your face.

This place seems nice, I just have to get the directions from Coffee.

I enjoyed Coffees post about his girlfriends birthday treat. It wasnt intended to be an Egon Ronay Critique about the food, But a description of their day out.

Alan seems to say things on here that he wouldnt say to your face.

This place seems nice, I just have to get the directions from Coffee.

I know Sir Coffee well for a few years now and I do not have a problem with his post at all its a great post ,I think you might have "the wrong end of the stick" (as us Brits say) MR-varrius , I was only having a beer with him a few days ago :biggrin: .

http://www.muangresort-buriram.com/Contact.html directions

Last edited:
Coffee is a good guy and I have known him years. No one here has a problem with him like you suggest including Alan.

Lighten up,mate.

here are details about the place, hope it helps..... http://www.buriramexpats.com/bars-and-restaurants/

Should this 'fred' not be moved to the Buriram section of forum?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Muang 'Pizza' & Resort - the SurinFarang.com experience 30/6/2013

i promised to take my gf out for 'farang food' for her birthday...(yeah, i was 'cooking' pizza, what a nice bloke...)
anyhow, Cent threw a curve and took an extra day so i had to go with 'plan b'
and remembered threads about 'good pizza in buriram'.
yes, my mind was on pizza.
i cashed in some gold to cover the additional funds for petrol.

after a leisurely drive 50 miles west from surin i went in search of in-buriram-city-proper muang pizza.
{advice: go to their web-site, check out their location in advance of your sojourn and make sure you know where its located on your inner-gps.}

when you arrive at this boutique hotel you realize that this entrepreneur has made a serious capital investment towards a future in Thai.
i found the premises were immaculate and decided to dine outside overlooking the garden and pool with the birthday girl.
now, i ordered the capriciossa pizza and my gf went with b-b-q ribs, fries salad & birthday ice cream.
they do have a varied menu with pastas, meat dishes and many thai dishes (but to reiterate again my mind was on pizza)...
additionally, i knew my gf would never finish her meal (so i would have plenty ;-))

if you find yourself in buriram or want to kill a couple hours with a drive on a decent road (construction complete Surin to outskirts Buriram), i found 'muang pizza' was a very fine dining experience.
my gf concurred as we drove home to blow out the birthday candles...
now, about the gold...that's a whole other story Club_fight1

I remembered this OP written one year ago (exact albeit one year less 20 days).

The circumstances are a bit different as this 'experience' at Muang was due to a very generous host (AtB) providing the necessary 'wheels' to allow others to imbibe in the beverage(s) of their choosing.
Additionally, this 'luncheon' would be considered an official well-organized SurinFarang gathering of 13 out for a leisurely afternoon of greeting 'n meeting 'n comradrie nee friendship 'n eating.

Upon punctual arrival the bus from Surin was met by the pleasantry of the proprietor, Siebe, along with Buriram members IB & PN.
Pleasantly seated under the veranda outside blue skies overlooking the Resort's pool and promptly waited on by a disciplined staff inclusive of a readily English-conversant head waiter.

You surprisingly become aware within your surroundings that you are no longer in a Thai restaurant - you basically feel that you are dining somewhere in the western world with an nonplussed, gentile atmosphere.

As other diners may wish to post their review in agreement or not - my opinion is that Muang is a first rate culinary and service experience.
I can not speak for the boutique hostelry located on premises but only for the dining facility.

Rest assured that you can not go wrong with any of the pizzas (view AtB's pics on SF website threads).
As well the other dishes were delicious as related by the other diners to me.

This restaurant would not be considered a low-priced Isaan affair but well affordable in comparison to Bangkok's western eateries.

Would I recommend Muang ? Highly, IMHO.

Again hat's off to AtB for a great get-together.

To Siebe, keep up the great work on being a superior establishment amongst the herd of mediocracy in Buriram.

Back