New Farm Land Purchased in Surin

Bandersnatch

Surin Solar Legend
Just purchased 3.5 Rai for the family farm. The land was cheap as there was no easy access to it - we had to purchase a 3m wide strip from a neighbour to gain access to it.

The previous owner of the land had sold the top meter of dirt so the land sits lower than surrounding rice fields and therefore easily floods.

We started by digging a deep trench to store water and create a road down the side of the land. We then dug a pond and used the dirt to raise up half of the land. The final stage is to add organic matter like straw and cow manure before we start planting.

Just purchased 3.5 Rai for the family farm. The land was cheap as there was no easy access to it - we had to purchase a 3m wide strip from a neighbour to gain access to it.

The previous owner of the land had sold the top meter of dirt so the land sits lower than surrounding rice fields and therefore easily floods.

We started by digging a deep trench to store water and create a road down the side of the land. We then dug a pond and used the dirt to raise up half of the land. The final stage is to add organic matter like straw and cow manure before we start planting.
I wish you luck.

We purchased 12 rai back in 2000 (no road access either). After 1 year we grossed c. ฿10,000.00. The following year we rented it out for ฿14,000.00 (which was paid in sacks of rice). The following year we got rid.

I wish you luck.

We purchased 12 rai back in 2000 (no road access either). After 1 year we grossed c. ฿10,000.00. The following year we rented it out for ฿14,000.00 (which was paid in sacks of rice). The following year we got rid.

Thanks @Yorky - there is no money in farming in Thailand these days. The raised land will be for growing fruit and veggies for the me and the family. The lower half will be for grass for the cows. I am funding it all and have written the cost off already.

20210207_051839203_ios.jpg

Back