New Outdoor Market Opening Planned...

Coffee

You chose a custom title
...on the northeast corner of ring-road and 226 across from Robinsons.
Just in time for the rainy season. Parking will be a peach, eh.

...on the northeast corner of ring-road and 226 across from Robinsons.
Just in time for the rainy season. Parking will be a peach, eh.
There is not enough room to swing a cat, let alone park a car. Has someone cleared the area already?

1615979703854.png

Caution: Vehicle Impact Zone Ahead

20220215_174953.jpg
Almost one year on and B Market is on the cusp of opening. Be careful out there.

B Market. Day or Night market -or both, daily or just some days?
Who knows?
I live within walking distance - in theory????????? But never in a million years in practice.
That very busy crossroads is already a nightmare of trucks turning right past the entrance to the new market; red light running already produces a stream of accidents; car parking and entry to the new market seems minimal, anyone trying to cross the road from Robinsons car park or any other sidewalk would be dicing with death.
Nobody local can believe that planning permission was granted - well, actually that's not true because we can believe it - but not that any professional responsibility or simple common sense was involved.
If the market proves to be popular, we can only hope that everyone's worries do not come to pass.
If they do then local city officers should be held to account, prosecuted and jailed.
But as with road accidents, or visa controls, or Covid management, this is Thailand, particularly in Esan.

There is not enough room to swing a cat, let alone park a car. Has someone cleared the area already?

View attachment 39065
@Yorky Same as the uneven quadrilateral displayed in the right quadrant on nomad's post.

Possibly referred to as a scalene quadrilateral...possibly a trapezoid.
(Please let me know... ;-)

Edited: I am incorrect. There are FIVE sides.
Please read Nomad's correct post below.

Last edited:
@Yorky Same as the uneven quadrilateral displayed in the right quadrant on nomad's post.

Possibly referred to as a scalene quadrilateral.

I've never seen that crossroads from 500 metres in the air so I was unsure which was Robinson's and which was north.

Possibly referred to as a scalene quadrilateral...possibly a trapezoid.
(Please let me know... ;-)
"Please let me know." None of the above! The shape in my original post has 5 sides, as shown below,

1644992385163.png

so in no way could it be called a quadrilteral of any persquasion, as quadrilateral means a shape with 4 sides.

Given that area has 5 sides, it is a pentagon, and because the sides are of unequal length, it is an irregular pentagon.

Both quadrilaterals and pentagons are members of the polygon family.

Last edited:
I've never seen that crossroads from 500 metres in the air so I was unsure which was Robinson's and which was north.
Whenever I post a section from Google Earth, I invariably post the image with the north side uppermost.

"Please let me know." None of the above! The shape in my original post has 5 sides, as shown below,

View attachment 47918

so in no way could it be called a quadrilteral of any persquasion, as quadrilateral means a shape with 4 sides.

Given that area has 5 sides, it is a pentagon, and because the sides are of unequal length, it is an irregular pentagon.

Both quadrilaterals and pentagons are members of the polygon family.

Upon reflection you're absolutely correct.
Well done...as I incorrectly perceived four sides.

Back