New Tesco Express 24hr store in Prasat.

I've got the Wellies, green one's size 10 if anyone needs them.BAAAAA!!!!!

Checked out the new TL in Prasat Saturday as I was returning. Its is diffently a plus for the area. As most new TL's it is next door to the 7-11. I get the impression that TL is trying to ruin 7-11 out of town. IMHO as for their product they are far superior than 7-11 but still lack on the farang side. Their product line is very similar to the store in Surin. As for what they do not cary just go down the street to Garys at Staffords. I don,t think Staffords or the Buririm Pie Man have any thing to worry about as there is NO western or British meat products in stock and I do expect any in the near future. All companies that wish to sell their product threw TL, Big C or Makro must send it first to Bangkok for distribution which makes it cost prohibitive for the small fry.

Checked out the new TL in Prasat Saturday as I was returning. Its is diffently a plus for the area. As most new TL's it is next door to the 7-11. I get the impression that TL is trying to ruin 7-11 out of town. IMHO as for their product they are far superior than 7-11 but still lack on the farang side. Their product line is very similar to the store in Surin. As for what they do not cary just go down the street to Garys at Staffords. I don,t think Staffords or the Buririm Pie Man have any thing to worry about as there is NO western or British meat products in stock and I do expect any in the near future. All companies that wish to sell their product threw TL, Big C or Makro must send it first to Bangkok for distribution which makes it cost prohibitive for the small fry.

Not yet but , there things happening as we speak, i cant say much at the moment becacause i'm Sworn To Secrecy Dave.

What do you want to buy boys ?
This is not Tesco in the U-K its a mini branch of Tesco - Lotus in a small 1 horse town in North East Thailand .

What do you want to buy boys ?
This is not Tesco in the U-K its a mini branch of Tesco - Lotus in a small 1 horse town in North East Thailand .

A Ginsters slice, Bag of Monster munch, Bottle of Lucozade original and some half price Cadburys cream eggs off the counter perhaps? :wink:

I know what you mean, Alan. Its more a one road town for just passing thru (unless you go see the girlies at the market! so I hear)

A one horse town??? That would be and upgrade. All I see are some water buffalos.DeadHorse2

Think I saw an elephant there one day, fellas. So 1 horse, one elephant and an unspecified number of water buffalo, plus a Tesco Lotus - a developing metropolis one day.

I agree we all live in the armpit! Question is why live in Surin in the first place? A) I always be careful to not cut of the hands that feed me and choose words carefully... Tesco express is a good move for the community as it does not sell overpriced goods because it can and has a captive audience, it offers customers quality products that are fresh and within sell by dates at a reasonable price. I personally think it is great as I am bored with some of the crap available in the area the list is endless food, accommodation, builders, transport, etc... etc... But in order to go forward sometimes you need to take a step backwards. Tesco is moving with the times and seeing the opening well done!

Think I saw an elephant there one day, fellas. So 1 horse, one elephant and an unspecified number of water buffalo, plus a Tesco Lotus - a developing metropolis one day.

AND Prasat is a getting a New Toyota dealership. It is on the 24 across from the PTT and just west of it.

So what farang stuff do they sell in TL and do they sell any jarred baby food traveling with my infant daughter from the uk.

So what farang stuff do they sell in TL and do they sell any jarred baby food traveling with my infant daughter from the uk.

ITS A F##king TL EXPRESS IN F##king PRASAT....jarred baby food.... OMG.... really.....IMHO....

The closest place I have seen to Surin that carries baby food in jars is the Fresh Mart in The Korat Mall. I have never seen it locally. You might want buy it in Bangkok before you come to Surin. They have plenty at Villa Mart.

Last edited:
Jesus no need to be rude SurinMike i have been coming up to the Prasat area for 8 years, but have never needed to think about baby food as my daughter is not even 1 years old yet plausible f**cking question in my opinion.

Kendo.

These Tesco express shops have nothing more than what you get in 7 _ 11 stores .
They are nothing like Tesco stores in the uk at all , if you need Farang foods Staffords in prasat has some and also Ryan's resort, apart from that a trip to Surin is the answer where they have -Big C \ Tesco \ and Macro . The Tesco Super store in Surin is also nothing like the ones you get in the UK .If you need a better choice than all of these a trip to Pattaya is the one !

Back