New Well and Solar Pump

Absolutely not Nomad and if you would like to call round and tell my missus I would happily pay your fuel costs. ;)

Then again, is there any money in selling apparel at a shopping mall.

Is there any money in running a bar, Luk chin stall, noodle shop, we could go on.

My wife rents her 5 rai of rice growing land out, and on top of the rent she scoops up the handouts to farmers from the government. Some 4,000baht/rai is not bad, without any of the costs associated with planting, growing and harvesting the rice. I fail to understand why the government insist that the land owner and not the grower receive the benefits, but wont be asking why!:D

My wife rents her 5 rai of rice growing land out, and on top of the rent she scoops up the handouts to farmers from the government. Some 4,000baht/rai is not bad, without any of the costs associated with planting, growing and harvesting the rice. I fail to understand why the government insist that the land owner and not the grower receive the benefits, but wont be asking why!:D

;):grinning::grinning:

Jip had at least one good year in the last 5. She grossed over 100,000 Baht. I have no idea of the cost of the inputs - my attempts at trying to maintain detailed cost records went out of the window 10 years ago. She had money and she bought me a beer................ that is as detailed as it needs to get.

Oh well, every pun intended, if She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO) has decreed that she wants more water for her loss-making paddy fields, sink your 5" borehole to 50 meters and be done with it. You cannot argue with SWMBO. Good luck and may the Rain Gods smile upon you.

4210512854_b9b4982261_z.jpg

P.S. I hope that is not the Corona virus she is holding in her hands.

Thanks Nomad. Just to clarify,I don't think she has actually lost money in any of those years - albeit government handouts probably made the difference in most years....plus (although I rarely eat it) I have not bought a bag of Thai rice in 10 years.

JPSurin inadvertently posted this on the wrong thread. It has been tagged on to this thread as it seems appropriate.

"Change the subject a little, Looking for somebody that drills wells in the Lamduan area reasonably. It seems the 'well' drillers around here all want to drill 6-inch holes for a sizable amount of baht. Many farmers have put in 6-inch wells, solar setups on their rice land and are pumping water on the field. I would go for a 4-inch hole for the house if I can somebody do the job for ?? Looks like the water table is going down because of all the wells in the rice fields. Appreciate any ideas if anybody has any."

Can anyone help?

Edited by nomad97 (moderator)

We had 12 rai. The first year we accumulated ฿ 10,000.00 profit (before myself and my truck were priced in).

Bugger that for a game of soldiers.

The following year we rented the paddy out for ฿14,000.00 p.a.

OK, we were paid in rice so I had to collect it and sell it

JPSurin inadvertently posted this on the wrong thread. It has been tagged on to this thread as it seems appropriate.

"Change the subject a little, Looking for somebody that drills wells in the Lamduan area reasonably. It seems the 'well' drillers around here all want to drill 6-inch holes for a sizable amount of baht. Many farmers have put in 6-inch wells, solar setups on their rice land and are pumping water on the field. I would go for a 4-inch hole for the house if I can somebody do the job for ?? Looks like the water table is going down because of all the wells in the rice fields. Appreciate any ideas if anybody has any."

Can anyone help?

Edited by nomad97 (moderator)

A 6 inch bore with casing was 25K in KC 3 years back then you're looking at another at least 30k for the rest. The poster who is asking has to have his boss do the looking.

Back