No Alcohol for 24 Hours

Erections.

...no point ............as you will not be voting.

But the villagers are aware of this. It happens with every erection.

I asked my wife why do they not buy earlier and "stock up"?

"Maybe they don't have the money".

"So where would the money be coming from in the next 24 hours? They all have their white envelopes".

"So where would the money be coming from in the next 24 hours? They all have their white envelopes".
No white envelopes here! Nor brown for that matter.

Not sure what is happening in My village 2kms from Prakhonchai. No canvassing, no cars coming round every few minutes. Yet I thought the election was countrywide

Not sure what is happening in My village 2kms from Prakhonchai. No canvassing, no cars coming round every few minutes. Yet I thought the election was countrywide

We have placards village wide plus the usual wall of sound when the promotion pickups venture forth; which is often.

They must have all come here...the usual, as always, and once again...I don't care who wins.

The village tannoy has just informed us that the sale/purchase of alcohol is banned for the next 24 hours.

What is the bleeding point?
Always have a good stock of alcohol supplies for the elections. :cool: Point is they do not want a bunch of liquored up people at the polling booths. Sit on your porch and keep drinking. Should have no effect on you personally. I did notice AA Fantasy is closed until Tuesday due to the election no-alcohol rules. We are closed as well. All the family is up to the village for the voting. Leaving me to enjoy my self with my stocked liquor cabinet and some cold ones in the fridge if I so desire to indulge. LOL I imagine, Yorky, you are fully stocked up? You have been here long enough that it shouldn't ruin your weekend. You're an 'old hand'. :cool:

Was told last night the traffic up to the village was horrendous.

Our village emporium was well stocked my wife told me last night. A couple boxes of Leos were shared among the family and visitors. My wife's older sister is up from BKK with a few (6?) of her co-workers via a mini van. They always come up for the party and BBQ we supply each year's elections in the village. All jabbed up and eating some seafoods on the BBQ: big squid, shrimps and crabs along with the voluminous amounts of Som Tam. I usually stay away as the lassies try to get me drunk. Too old for those younger folks drinking sessions. LOL (Plus I tire from the usual Thais practicing their English skills on my behalf. Gives me a headache after a while trying to figure out what they are trying to say.)

It's a lazy day today. I was up early at 05.30, my usual get-up time, and my youngest daughter made it at 07.30. I told her to go back to bed because she will not see her mother or sister before 11.00. I went back to bed too. I have just got up for the second time and my wife is now in the shower, but no sign of the girls. Six days a week with a 05.45 start and a late finish, they need to catch up on their sleep. This is their one lazy day of the week and I encourage a late start. My wife is usually at the polling booths nice and early but this year I guess it will be a late vote today.

7 cases and 10 bottles in the fridge.

I've only once run short and that was in April 2000.
Sure you have enough for the weekend? :) I have a liquor cabinet of plenty of various whiskies (even bought a bottle of the @nomad97 recommended Bell's last week - 499 baht, a deal) plus vodka, gin, and rum. And some favored beers in the fridge. Plus my John Powers Irish whisky and a nearly full bottle of Laphroaig Islay single malt Scotch whisky. 10 year old, now 12 year's old sitting on the shelf since brought over.

Last edited:
Sure you have enough for the weekend? :) I have a liquor cabinet of plenty of various whiskies (even bought a bottle of the @nomad97 recommended Bell's last week - 499 baht, a deal) plus vodka, gin, and rum. And some favored beers in the fridge. Plus my John Powers Irish whisky and a nearly full bottle of Laphroaig Islay single malt Scotch whisky. 10 year old, now 12 year's old sitting on the shelf since brought over.
@nomad97 And to tell the truth, I have no idea why most bars here do not carry the Bell's whisky at that excellent price it can be had for. Good mark up and profit for the bars I would think. And better than the majority of the crap they sell (Benmore, 100 Pipers, Hong Thong, etc), but less expensive to sell to the customers rather than the usual higher end Black, Red, and Jack Daniels they provide, and make a decent profit still.

@nomad97 And to tell the truth, I have no idea why most bars here do not carry the Bell's whisky at that excellent price it can be had for. Good mark up and profit for the bars I would think. And better than the majority of the crap they sell (Benmore, 100 Pipers, Hong Thong, etc), but less expensive to sell to the customers rather than the usual higher end Black, Red, and Jack Daniels they provide, and make a decent profit still.
@Cent, now, now. I will have you know that Ben More has overtaken Bells as my whisky of choice. And, at 545 baht per liter, it is 50 baht more expensive too. I was introduced to Bells at the tender age of 16, by a lovely Scottish spinster, and it has been my whisky of choice for nearly 50 years. Both are fine, blended whiskies with a very good taste. Maybe it is my advancing years but my taste buds are beginning to prefer Ben More to Bells, not that I do not still enjoy a bottle of Bells from time to time, especially when my coffers are running low. :)

Benmore Scotch whisky. Basically intended for the Thai and Philippine market these days.

BENMORE PROFILE​

BLENDED SCOTCH WHISKY​

Benmore has been a reasonably successful blend, the sales of which are now focused on the Philippines and Thailand. It was created by Benmore Distilleries Company, the one-time owner of four distilleries including Dallas Dhu, whose malts were used as the base of the Benmore blend.

In 2011 its present owner, Diageo, created a special Benmore Four Casks blend for Thai and Philippine whisky drinkers. It is aged in a combination of ex-Bourbon, Sherry, charred and refill casks, and filled into a smart embossed bottle featuring a stag. Its palate offers dried fruits, plenty of sweet vanilla and a faint whiff of smoke.

Back