NO more 90 reporting by mail at KCI.

What a surprise!

GL, that puts me in an odd position. My 90-days is due on Feb 21, and my visa renewal expires on March 31. If they allow me to renew up to 45 days before the due date, I can do the visa renewal in the last week of February. No problem. But, if the "new boss" has cut this down to 30/31 days, I'm caught. T.I.T.

Could you have a quiet word with one of the people you know at KC, and check this?

See you soon.... maybe sooner than I'd intended.

Even with the confirmation from SurinFarang members that reporting by post is acceptable (and has been for over 10 years I believe), I am still reluctant to give it a second chance. This report appears to confirm why I should be apprehensive.

Y (due to report again mid March)

What a surprise!

GL, that puts me in an odd position. My 90-days is due on Feb 21, and my visa renewal expires on March 31. If they allow me to renew up to 45 days before the due date, I can do the visa renewal in the last week of February. No problem. But, if the "new boss" has cut this down to 30/31 days, I'm caught. T.I.T.

Could you have a quiet word with one of the people you know at KC, and check this?

See you soon.... maybe sooner than I'd intended.

My slow reptilian brain has just worked out that if I come in the last week of February, and they won't renew my visa, all I shall have wasted is the money the bank has charged for the financial statement.

If 90 day reporting is official Immigration policy, what right do Kap Choeng and others have to ignore that instruction.

Perhaps a formal approach to Immigration HQ should be considered by those inconvenienced.

I complained to Immigration HQ 25 years ago when I first applied for Permanent residency status at Pattaya immigration. They quoted me silly money (all backhanders) A couple of weeks later the PR chief visited me unannounced at my home on a Sunday (whilst taking his family to Pattaya for the weekend), and dealt with my application personally.. He popped in regularly to seem me thereafter on a purely friendly basis.

In my experience it is always worth going to the top when things are not correct.

The Gorgeous Lek has followed Nick's line of approach on a couple of occasions with success.

"Where is the boss?"
"He's upstairs. You can't see him now!"
Up she goes . . . . problem sorted, usually with an apology about the stupidity of his underlings.

My slow reptilian brain has just worked out that if I come in the last week of February, and they won't renew my visa, all I shall have wasted is the money the bank has charged for the financial statement.

We are on the same page. The last day you can report is Feb 28 but thats a Saturday. so February 27 would be the last date to show up. I'm still under the guidance that KCI will do an extension 45 days early. I'm doing my report on February 6 at which time I will confirm this and get back to you.

Mike. I have been on the phone with KCI over the past 2 hour about your question. No body in KCI can speak english. I was finally contacted by an I/O from Nan Immigration on a three way conference call. In short I'm 98% sure you can do your extension 45 days early so you should have no problem with your 90 day report. As for 90 day mail in reports by post I'm getting a YES and a NO.shrug1 Who the FCUK knows.shrug1

Mike. I have been on the phone with KCI over the past 2 hour about your question. No body in KCI can speak english. I was finally contacted by an I/O from Nan Immigration on a three way conference call. In short I'm 98% sure you can do your extension 45 days early so you should have no problem with your 90 day report. As for 90 day mail in reports by post I'm getting a YES and a NO.shrug1 Who the FCUK knows.shrug1

Exactly, it reminds me of the berated Pakistani who, in total frustration, retorts to his berater, "You think I know fcuk nothing. Let me tell you, I know fcuk all!"

I have just heard that those people who use a 'visa agent' in Pattaya, and pay around 12,000 Baht for their extension stamp, must now do their 90 day reporting in Jomtien.

I have just heard that those people who use a 'visa agent' in Pattaya, and pay around 12,000 Baht for their extension stamp, must now do their 90 day reporting in Jomtien.

I thought that was always the case. My neighbour goes to Pattaya every 3 months for 90 days reporting - or at least he says that is why he goes! boobs2

If you "live" in Pattaya for the extension, then it will be assumed you also live there for the 90 day reporting. If you chop and change every time, it would likely draw suspicion.

All of Region 4 Immigration Offices ,about 11 threw out Isaan along with Phuket , Hua Hin and a few in the central region have been refusing to do any 90 day report if your not from their area and registered with them. This has been going on and growing over the pass couple weeks. Its become a avery serious back lash against SIN CITY.monkeywack

Strange, really! Barry, the now-retired guru at Jomtien Immigration, once clarified for me that anybody can have more than one address - as I do. However, I have never yet tried reporting or extending at KCI, using our Surin address.

I can report that earlier this week an Australian with dual citizenship, Surin and Pattaya that is, was turned away by KCI when he tried to do his 90-day report. He was told that he could only do the 90-day report in Pattaya because that was the office that had issued/renewed his visa extension. In other words, if you did not obtain your visa/visa extension at KCI, KCI will not process your 90-day report.

P.S. I got this story from the 'horse's mouth' so to speak. I met the guy the same morning after his rejection by KCI. He was unfazed by the rejection and was heading back to Pattaya in the near future and with time to spare to do the 90-day report.

Last edited:
Strange, really! Barry, the now-retired guru at Jomtien Immigration, once clarified for me that anybody can have more than one address - as I do. However, I have never yet tried reporting or extending at KCI, using our Surin address.

Don't try it up hear you will be told in no uncertain words by all Region 4 Immigration (KCI) to fork off. If you move your address premaritally to the area OK. The lads in eastern Buriram are not happy as they are being refused by Korat and being told they have to use KCI. SIN CITY is being put on notice..

I can report that earlier this week an Australian with dual citizenship, Surin and Pattaya that is, was turned away by KCI when he tried to do his 90-day report. He was told that he could only do the 90-day report in Pattaya because that was the office that had issued/renewed his visa extension. In other words, if you did not obtain your visa/visa extension at KCI, KCI will not process your 90-day report.

P.S. I got this story from the 'horse's mouth' so to speak. I met the guy the same morning after his rejection by KCI. He was unfazed by the rejection and was heading back to Pattaya in the near future and with time to spare to do the 90-day report.

If people do not want to take a trip down to Pattaya they can, of course, do a Chong Chom border run and that will substitute for 90 day reporting.

I would probably spend the 1,800 Baht on fuel to/from Pattaya....

I thought that was always the case. My neighbour goes to Pattaya every 3 months for 90 days reporting - or at least he says that is why he goes! boobs2

If you "live" in Pattaya for the extension, then it will be assumed you also live there for the 90 day reporting. If you chop and change every time, it would likely draw suspicion.

All quite pathetic chest-thumping by regional immigration offices.

If I book a holiday in Pattaya for a month (and that coincides with my annual renewal) I would want to do the renewal in Jomtien and any 90 day reporting at KCI.

To prevent me doing that would be against the immigration regulations that Prakhonchai Nick referred to earlier.

All quite pathetic chest-thumping by regional immigration offices.

If I book a holiday in Pattaya for a month (and that coincides with my annual renewal) I would want to do the renewal in Jomtien and any 90 day reporting at KCI.

To prevent me doing that would be against the immigration regulations that Prakhonchai Nick referred to earlier.

YOU CAN"T DO THAT. I KNOW THE LAW.

[YT]watch?v=MwHWbsvgQUE[/YT]

Bill if your extension does not say "Issued by Kap Choeng Immigration" unless you submit TM-28 They will turn you down. Korat immigration has taken this one step further by not accepting any TM 28 by which they are saying " Get you extension from us"

What the regulations say doesn't matter a damn. What matters is what the guy in front of you at the immigration office says. If he says, "No!", you're stymied.

The administration in Bangkok is not going to bother with 'trivial' matters like this. It has given the local immigration offices carte blanche to make their own rules.... and if it wanted to tighten things up, it probably couldn't do so; the locals wouldn't stand for it.

Back