Noe more CR's from Korat Immigration.

Slow but not forgotten. Just returned after a 15 hour road trip from CNX last night about 9pm.

2006 arrived in Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in Riyadh Saudi Arabia. Open a bank account with no question asked. After about 1 month and a visit to Chiang Mai Immigration for some advice I set forth. While still on the TV I obtained two CR's from CNX which both were FREE at that time. Obtained my DL at the DLT. Purchased a truck and had it registered at the DLT. 367 days (2007 l later (I was on a retirement extension then) I renewed my 1 year dl to a five year dl at the DLT. The CR from CNX immigration was still free. September 2008 bought a new truck I could not be asked to go threw the crap to get a cr at the time I let the wife put it in her name. BTW we are still married. As for the my old truck the buyers said don't bother about the cr he would sort it out and he did. December of 2008 started going through cluster f**k of getting a YTB, after about 6 weeks It was obtained. In 2012 we relocated from Doi Saket to Kap Choeng. I transferred over my YTB to KC and returned the Doi Saket YTB to the new owners husband in Doi Saket as YTB are address specific. June 2012 my 5 year DL had to renewed at which time neither Prasat or Surin DLT would accept a YTB, ASS HOLES. Surn did change its policy some time later. No idea what Prasat DLT requires understand that Sangkha does. So for 7 years I have been storing a tab of shit paper for emergency. I have NEVER had to use it. In 2017 I may try again. IMO a YTB is nothing more the a bragging right over a beer with your friends.

Thank you GL - at least I now know that you tried to use it...

Nomad97 is correct.

News Flash!!!!

During my extended walk around at KCI today, VIP treatment all the way I might add, my wife did inquire about the Letter of Residency and was this service still provided by KCI. Contrary to what has been written earlier, the 3-ringer boss said very clearly that the Letter could be provided by KCI subject to receiving an official request in writing by the department that required it. He gave an example of a driving licence and said the applicant would need to obtain a letter from the Driving Licence Center. The applicant would bring this letter of request to Immigration and they would then provide a Letter of Residency for the applicant.

Make what you will of this. However, it seems it is still possible to get a Letter of Residency from KCI provided you have a letter requesting one from the department that needs it.
June 1st I needed to renew 5 year driving licenses for car and motorcycle. KCI advised I would need a request letter from DLT to prove residence. I applied for licenses at DLT Surin and they processed some paperwork, and was given a letter of request (in Thai). Took to KCI and obtained a letter (in Thai). Not exactly like the old Certificate of Residence as photos not required - just proof of address and passport. It helped having a Thai speaker/reader/interpreter to check the document. Letter issued in Thai and 500 Baht was requested or demanded? Paid muttering something about thinking corruption was in the past, but kept smiling. Off to Surin LTO and copy was made for the second license. Colour and reaction test plus movie and job done

June 1st I needed to renew 5 year driving licenses for car and motorcycle. KCI advised I would need a request letter from DLT to prove residence. I applied for licenses at DLT Surin and they processed some paperwork, and was given a letter of request (in Thai). Took to KCI and obtained a letter (in Thai). Not exactly like the old Certificate of Residence as photos not required - just proof of address and passport. It helped having a Thai speaker/reader/interpreter to check the document. Letter issued in Thai and 500 Baht was requested or demanded? Paid muttering something about thinking corruption was in the past, but kept smiling. Off to Surin LTO and copy was made for the second license. Colour and reaction test plus movie and job done

That film was exciting, wasn't it !!!WTF1

Back