Novel ideas

nomad97

Resident Geek
Eanto commented on Alan's new build thread, " Kitchen inside? that’s novel 55"

I have to agree that it is unusal around these parts but not unique. Here is a little number I knocked up 6 years ago when we first moved into our present house. Please excuse the non-pristine paint work but I only started on the ceiling a few days ago. The walls should be done this coming week.

20180801_085623.jpg

20180801_085647.jpg

20180803_111612.jpg

20180803_111649.jpg

We have a small indoor room for storage, fridge and microwave. The covered outdoor area has the sink and washing machine. Gets us by.

If we had a kitchen that big I’d insist that my teerak be a better cook

We have a kitchen and dining area that is about 25 sqm.

The bigger you make such an area, the bigger a dumping ground it becomes.

We have a kitchen and dining area that is about 25 sqm.

The bigger you make such an area, the bigger a dumping ground it becomes.

Ours is just a kitchen, 28 sqm, and your comments are so true. Made worse by having three young ladies with the same philosophy - throw nothing, hoard everything.

Ours is just a kitchen, 28 sqm, and your comments are so true. Made worse by having three young ladies with the same philosophy - throw nothing, hoard everything.

Mine is less than 20 sqm! However, there's only the two of us and rarely that many in there at the same time (although we were both in there together today cooking chilli).

When we built back in 2009, we made our kitchen/dining room to be a completely separate building from our living area, it's about 28 sq meters. Since the lovely wife is a cleanaholic it definitely hasn't become clustered, but it also doesn't serve as a fully functional kitchen either because she is Thai...most cooking is done outdoors, no need for a stove or oven! We do use the dining area a lot, most meals are eaten here.

Attachments

• IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0593.JPG
    IMG_0593.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
nice krua krap, yellow is good

yellow / white is OK, vast improvement compared to this dark brown stuff

(back home I have yellow/blue krua - white ceiling/blue walls/yellow furniture
stainless steel, stove-fridge-dishwasher-kettle-toaster etc

)

nice krua krap, yellow is good

yellow / white is OK, vast improvement compared to this dark brown stuff

(back home I have yellow/blue krua - white ceiling/blue walls/yellow furniture
stainless steel, stove-fridge-dishwasher-kettle-toaster etc

)
My wife and daughters choose the colour. Perhaps I would have been more conservative.

Made a start this morning:

20180804_145159.jpg

The afternoon sun plays havoc with the photography but I think you get the idea.

I use, off white ceiling

Walls ; 2337-R78B
Furniture ; 1536-Y15R

fridge, kettle, stove, dishwasher, toaster stainless steel

nice

the walls colour referred to above is very old,
it is a special blue clour that scares the shit out of flies.

I didn't paint the walls in the kitchen (nor the bathrooms) - just floor to ceiling tiles to facilitate cleaning. It worked.

Back