O-A Visa Extension

I cannot tick "like" because I definitely "don't like". Now £3 million because that is to "help" long-term visitors get hospital treatment - do me a favour!!! London wouldn't grant me a 1-year visa last year because "we are not issuing them"
Every aspect is utter confusion at the present time. I have again had to postpone coming back from UK because, although having the re-entry permit means no visa issues, firstly I don't know what to book for Cert of Entry which is becoming "Thailand Pass" but we don't know what that means; secondly there is now "no quarantine", except yes there is quarantine for PCR testing, but no details of how to organise it and how many days in practice?, therefore thirdly the time of arrival by whichever airline I book might also be important, and fourthly I cannot book travel on to Surin either.

And it won't be with Thai Airlines because it is hundreds of £££s more expensive than others and isn't flexible either, which is no good if, heaven forbid, I tested positive before the flight. Don't they realise? (And they still owe me for the last cancelled flight.)
Meanwhile the Embassy is still insisting on all the existing C of E details with pre-paid $100,000 or 3.5 million THB insurance (not 3million, they told me that is not good enough???) and 7-days pre-paid for quarantine.

Incompetence isn't a good enough description.

I think you will find that he figure is 3,000,000 Baht.

I think you will find that he figure is 3,000,000 Baht.

Reasonable price. Thumbs up...yes, Thailand must do better.

Question: Have you ever been treated at a Filipino hospital ?
My post was about joining the Philippines Government Health. Which is called Phil Health. Not about any treatments in any country. If you want to discuss treatment in hospitals.
It is another subject.
Start another post.
Also Filipino is the person not a hospital.

I'm not convinced that your pension will not be frozen if you are permitted, under the pension regulations, to reside in two different countries (one being exempt, and one not being exempt).
You can live year round in the Philippines and your pension will not be frozen. It is the only ASEAN country that has an agreement with the UK. For other countries, providing you are in the UK for at least 6 months a year, your pension is not frozen. You are merely "holidaying in Asia"

Why dose Thai immigration request "require ?' To see your girlfriend or wife's ID & Etc.
If you are applying for temporary stay based on retirement that a single person can do if they meet the Financial and Residence requirements ?
Not the reason why, just jump in the queue ? As a guest in the Kingdom I don't rock the boat, as yet .
I think it's different in an THAI area that has a larger population of FRANGS ?
O or OA Visa extension of temporary stay, retirement .

Why dose Thai immigration request "require ?' To see your girlfriend or wife's ID & Etc.
If you are applying for temporary stay based on retirement that a single person can do if they meet the Financial and Residence requirements ?
Not the reason why, just jump in the queue ? As a guest in the Kingdom I don't rock the boat, as yet .

I don't believe it is because she is your girlfriend or wife. My understanding is that it is the owner (or at least a representative of the owner) of the property where you stay who needs to provide personal details. If you lived in a hotel, it would be the hotel management that would confirm your address. If you lived on the street you would be unlikely to obtain an extension of stay.

You said, " a single person can do if they meet the Financial and Residence requirements", "so why do they need to see "your girlfriend or wife's ID & Etc."? @Yorky has beaten me to the reply. "Your wife, she is the owner of the property where you live and she must provide personal details to affirm/confirm that you reside at that address." I am on a retirement extension and each year my wife has accompanied me to Immigration and signed some additional paperwork to confirm she owns the property and I live there with her. Her paperwork is separate from the package I prepare for Immigration.

I don't believe it is because she is your girlfriend or wife. My understanding is that it is the owner (or at least a representative of the owner) of the property where you stay who needs to provide personal details. If you lived in a hotel, it would be the hotel management that would confirm your address. If you lived on the street you would be unlikely to obtain an extension of stay.
Yes, the first time I did the temporaries stay based on retirement was in Chiang Mai. I verified my residence with the letter from the management "son of the owner" apartment building. I rented the room for one month, no difficulty getting the letter.
Now I have a yellow House book, KC still want the wife ID etc. , did not a want a copy of the yellow House book.
Always fun, he ha ha, in Amazing Thailand. Still my choice to be in Thailand,

Last edited:
Picked this up today on a visa advice forum. Perhaps not the best advert for the current recruitment drive..

Screenshot_2021-10-21-16-55-34-844_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Screenshot_2021-10-21-16-58-24-532_com.facebook.katana.jpg

There is already enough information on this forum regarding the requirements for the yearly extension. Any member can read. Suggest Wayne Drummond, Tod Daniels, and their friend apply for membership of this forum.

There is no date on the conversation so it could have been months ago.

If it was in the last few days I have posted a complete (AFAIK) list of this year's documentation requirements for extending a stay at Surin Immigration. See post #8

PS: There are no posts whatsover on this forum by Wayne Drummond. Perhaps he was talking of BE or BF?

Last edited:
Back