Opening a new Thai bank account

Ivor the Engine

Nowhere man
A good friend this week went into 3 different Banks (in BKK) to open a new account (His reasons are not clear) and was told by all of them that an opening balance of 10,000b was required.
Anyone heard of this new ‘rule’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I opened a Krungsri account a couple of days ago and I wasn’t required to buy insurance or a minimum deposit. They did want to see my teerak’s house book and of course my passport.

I can now use an ATM in Surin without charges as my original Kasikorn account was opened in Pattaya and Kasikorn charge for withdrawals in Surin, the robbing bar stewards

I opened a Krungsri account a couple of days ago and I wasn’t required to buy insurance or a minimum deposit. They did want to see my teerak’s house book and of course my passport.

I can now use an ATM in Surin without charges as my original Kasikorn account was opened in Pattaya and Kasikorn charge for withdrawals in Surin, the robbing bar stewards

I thought that the inter province charges had been abolished......... or did I dream that ?

I thought that the inter province charges had been abolished......... or did I dream that ?

I think if you pay a bill by internet for example they’ve waived the charges but for cash ATM withdrawals they still want their pound of flesh

I think if you pay a bill by internet for example they’ve waived the charges but for cash ATM withdrawals they still want their pound of flesh
I think not. All transfers. withdrawals online and via ATM -within Thailand - are now free. Only if you you transfer via the bank teller are you charged.

I think not. All transfers. withdrawals online and via ATM -within Thailand - are now free. Only if you you transfer via the bank teller are you charged.

Well Kasikorn still charged my ATM the other day. As usual I had to confirm to the payment before the money was issued

From Kasikorn Website

Throughout Thailand! No fees! All transactions!

Funds Transfer / Top Up / Bill Payment via digital channels! March 28th , 2018 onwards
Any transaction, with no fees! Come and make funds transfer, top up and bill payment via any one of these four channels:

1. K PLUS
  2. K PLUS SME
  3. K-Cyber
  4. K-Cyber for SME
Question is..........Is an ATM a digital channel? ATM is not specifically mentioned above.

A few months ago I setup Internet banking with Bangkok Bank. It was not as straight forward as it should have been and took about three weeks to complete the process. However, well worth the effort and I am now very happy to have that as part of my banking armoury.

The thing that prompted me was the ATMs in Big C. Kasikorn charge 15 baht but usually had no money in it and the ATM next to it that used to charge 20 baht recently increased it to 30 baht. That was the straw as they say

Back